Hair Shows Or Hair-related Events In Your City. (post Here)

Smiley79

ATL and NYC seem to always have the big shows and events. But there's obviously other events throughout the country. Let's post hair events or hair shows that are coming up in your city for 2016.

Last edited:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
So you have NO IG, NO FB and NO Twitter? LOL!!! That is why you are missing out on the events. I shouldn't LOL too loud. I deactivated my FB. Don't go on Twitter. And only have IG.

LdyKamz

Yeah, I live in NYC so like you said they are everywhere. But when I first became interested in hair I did a search and found websites that had a list of all events all over the country. South Fla has the Natural Hair& wellness expo coming up in December.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I see those YT vids too and always think these events are everywhere else but Chicago. I think I'd go sometimes if I knew about them. But I don't have FB, IG, or Twitter either. :blush: LHCF and YT are as media socialized as I get.

Blairx0

Dayjoy Chicago has events Black girl with long hair post about them as they are based in Chicago. There was an event at UIC last year. i didn't go because I am chicken, but I read about it.

Smiley79

I see those YT vids too and always think these events are everywhere else but Chicago. I think I'd go sometimes if I knew about them. But I don't have FB, IG, or Twitter either. :blush: LHCF and YT are as media socialized as I get.

Dayjoy you're my twin :lol: I'm LHCF, YT and Pinterest everyday, smh. But I would think Chi-Town would be packed with these type of events. wow, I'm surprised.

BostonMaria

I live in Boston and have yet to see any type of hair expo around these parts. I'd be the first person in line buying tickets!

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Dayjoy Chicago has events Black girl with long hair post about them as they are based in Chicago. There was an event at UIC last year. i didn't go because I am chicken, but I read about it.
I'm chicken too. :giggle: I'm happy I made it to the two Chicago LHCF meet ups that I did, even if it was around six years ago.
Dayjoy you're my twin :lol: I'm LHCF, YT and Pinterest everyday, smh. But I would think Chi-Town would be packed with these type of events. wow, I'm surprised.

I guess there are events (see above), I'm just not in the know. Who is Black girl with long hair?

Stormy

Yeah in Atlanta we always have them and they are fabulous! But... I didn't find out about them on any social media site. LOL! I just simply did a Google search on hair shows in Atlanta when I thought about them.

Blairx0

Dayjoy Next time I read about one I am going to PM you and ask you to be my hair show date. Between the two of us maybe we can get inspired because Lord knows the boyfriend is not going along for the hair show ride

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Dayjoy Next time I read about one I am going to PM you and ask you to be my hair show date. Between the two of us maybe we can get inspired because Lord knows the boyfriend is not going along for the hair show ride

Yes, let's go! I need someone to let me know about stuff.

Smiley79

Yes I would say ATL and NYC are the main spots. I'm gonna research some more though to make sure im not missing anything. I've always wanted to host my own little hair care event that mixes education with fun and raffles and product or salon showcases. We'll see.

Blairx0

Anyone going to the 3rd Annual Beauty Bazaar in Chicago? It's going to be Saturday 12/7/13.
I heard it's supposed to have lots of vendors and interesting stalls.
I found out about when I saw an ad for the event on curlynikki.com
Here's a page on it:
http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Natural-Beauty-Meetup/events/141558542/
I think I'll go. I love natural hair expos!

Sent using LHCF app

Saw her post and thought of you Dayjoy

It was posted in the Chicago 2013 meetup in the meetup form

Smiley79

Saw her post and thought of you Dayjoy

It was posted in the Chicago 2013 meetup in the meetup form

Im not in Chicago but I remember seeing MsVaughnTV on YouTube mentioning how she was organizing upcoming hair and fashion events. She said they had it last year too.

PureSilver

When I’m on You Tube, I love when I see videos of these cool and chic hair events. Most times it’s NYC of course or DC and the like. Whether it’s big company sponsored events or they’re simply smaller more intimate gatherings focused on hair/beauty or product showcasing, I think they look like so much fun! Then I sit here and wonder why in the world I don’t see these types of hair events in my city? Or am I just missing them? Then again, I don’t have a Facebook, Twitter or IG :blush: so maybe I am just missing them, lol. Smh.
Maybe we should start a thread where we share upcoming hair events in our local cities. Thought?

If you check the Design Essentials website they have a section that gives details of their upcoming shows, Dates, times, Locations for the year.

Smiley79

bumping...I've been seeing several hair events (some have passed)...TX, AZ (I think) I'm still looking at South Florida like when are they coming down here please!? lol

*Frisky*

bumping...I've been seeing several hair events (some have passed)...TX, AZ (I think) I'm still looking at South Florida like when are they coming down here please!? lol

There was a meeting in Dania Beach this past weekend for INHMD. Not sure if this is considered South Florida for you.