Hair Skin Nails/Hair Growth Supplements Ingredient Thread

Wenbev

been reading thru this thread, pretty good read thanks @ilong
@IDareT'sHair I just had to comment on the bamboo/silica. I drink the beautifully bamboo tea 2x a day no sweetener which offers great results to my skin and nails. I did not see added growth (been drinking the tea since July 2014) but I saw a change in the thickness in my hair. I stepped up the silica game by taking liquid concentrate silica from eidon ionic minerals and now seeing a huge difference in my hair, skin and nails. My nails are hard and grows faster than with the bamboo tea. My toenails never grew very fast but now they are. skin around my crows feet are plumped up and my overall skin is moist. Hair is still thick and feels strong and the added growth is apparent. I've had to henna my hair 2x in 6 weeks :) I've been taking the liquid silica now for eight weeks.

http://www.vitacost.com/eidon-ionic-minerals-silica-liquid-concentrate

NJ11

I have a question for you ladies.

Do you also take a multivitamine in addition to the HSN of your choice or, if you take an HSN, do you forego the multivitamin. Looking at some of the ingredient lists there isn't much overlap so I get where you might take both. My "problem" is that a lot of the HSN suppliments that I've looked at had a quite bit of ingredient overlap so I wasn't sure of the proper protocol. :confused:

What say you? (I hope my question makes sense...)

Wenbev

I have a question for you ladies.

Do you also take a multivitamine in addition to the HSN of your choice or, if you take an HSN, do you forego the multivitamin. Looking at some of the ingredient lists there isn't much overlap so I get where you might take both. My "problem" is that a lot of the HSN suppliments that I've looked at had a quite bit of ingredient overlap so I wasn't sure of the proper protocol. :confused:

What say you? (I hope my question makes sense...)

Hi @NJ11, I don't really take an HSN, and I do forgo the multi because I take:
Selenium
Vit B12
Chlorella
Liquid silica
Liquid zinc
Cod liver oil
Vit D
Evening Primrose
B5
Reconstituted powdered barley grass
All of these vits are for overall health, but the silicas added benefit is the hair growth boost

ilong

God's Own
I just received my Country Life Maxi Hair -Plus. Product in post #2 is just Maxi Hair
There is more biotin in the Plus (5000mcg). All of the other ingredients and strengths are the same.

Country Life Maxi Hair PLUS

Ingredients:
Vitamin A (as beta carotene) 5,000IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 200mg
Vitamin E (from natural mixed tocopherols) 50IU
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) (as thiamine mononitrate) 30mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
50mg
Niacin (as niacinamide)
50mg
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)
50mg
Folic Acid
400mcg
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin
50mcg
Biotin 5000mcg (
2,000mcg )
Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate)
50mg
Calcium (as calcium carbonate)
200mg
Iodine (from kelp)
225mcg
Zinc (as zinc gluconate)
15mg
Selenium (as amino acid chelate)
50mcg
Horsetail Herb Extract (standardized for 5 mg silica)
100mg
Choline (as Choline Bitartrate)
23mg
Cysteine
100mg (L-Cysteine)
Methionine
250mg (L-methionine)
Inositol 50mg
Para-Aminobenzoic Acid 50mg
MSM 600mg

COPPER 1mg

Last edited:

PureSilver

I've been taking country life since July. It has really helped with the shedding and my hair seems thicker. I bought 2 bottles and should start my second this week because I only take 2 daily and have missed a few days.

ilong

God's Own
@PureSilver - I'm glad to hear you are experiencing good results with the Country Life.

I had planned to wait until I finished my current vitamin packs before I started taking Country Life, but have since changed my mind. Yesterday I took some time to compare the ingredients in Country Life to those in Nature's Bounty and decided I need to start taking the Country Life immediately.

IMO - Country Life is far more superior than Nature's Bounty for hair growth. The strength (per serving) of the vitamins in Country Life are much higher than those in Nature's Bounty. Especially vitamins in the B family. I researched the ingredients in Nature Bounty which are not in Country Life and discovered most of them are not highly recognized as vitamins which promote hair growth, so it's not an issue with them not being in Country Life .

PureSilver

I purchased Nature's Way Horestail today 440mg 100 capsules. Should last me 3.1 months.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 11

HelpMe12

Nouritress Pefect Hair Vitamins Plus

When I take these along with a few more supplements, I have amazing results. I'm not sure why they aren't more popular, as the ingredient list and measurements are pretty good. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person buying these. I hope the seller doesn't stop.
Thanks! I have been looking for someone that takes these vitamins and liked them

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Hydratherma Naturals Hair Growth Plus Vitamin - 60 Tabs $24.99

SUGGESTED USE: 2 tablets daily preferably with meals or as directed by a health care professional. Be sure to drink plenty of water daily.

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 400 mg 667% DV

Vitamin E (d-Alpha tocopheryl succinate) 60 IU 200% DV

Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine hcl) 4 mg 200% DV

Biotin 5000 mcg 1667% DV

Pantothenic Acid (d-calcium pantothenate) 20 mg 200% DV

Zinc (citrate) 20 mg 133% DV

Selenium (L-selenomethionine) 140 mcg 200% DV

Copper (cupric oxide) 1 mg 50% DV

Manganese (gluconate) 4 mg 200% DV

MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane) 250 mg

Silica (bamboo stem extract) 12.5 mg

Hydrolyzed Collagen Type 1 & 3 (bovine) 250 mg

L-Mehtionine 125 mg

Citrus Bioflavonoid 50% Complex 100 mg

Hydrolyzed Keratin 50 mg

Hyaluronic Acid 5 mg

Alpha Lipoic Acid 50 mg

Gotu Kola Extract (10% triterpenes) (leaf) 120 mg

Grape Seed 95% Extract (inner core) 100 mg

Fo-Ti Root Powder 50 mg

Indian Gooseberry Fruit Extract (60% tannins) 50 mg

Goji Berry 40% Extract (L. barbarum) (fruit) 25 mg

Bladderwrack Powder (thallus) 5 mg

Nori Yaki (Porphyra tenera) (thallus) 5 mg

Wakame Powder (Undaria pinnatifida) 5 mg

Olive Water Extract (15% polyphenols) (fruit) 5 mg

Natural Astaxanthin Complex (2% astaxanthin) 2 mg

SmilingElephant

I don't have them! I was rounding out the thread with supplements that I've been looking at and/or researching. You'll have to report back with your results. Can you take a pic of the ingredients and post them? The pic I copied from the site is too small @SmilingElephant

They're small on the bottles too! Lol! But I took a picture of my bottle...this is my first time taking hair vitamins like this, so I don't have anything to compare it too. But I'll keep up with my results for you guys :)

ilong

God's Own
Damn! The Nouritress and Njoy Essentials Long N Healthy have the same exact ingredients. Except, the biotin dosage is different.
@MileHighDiva - thank you for all of the great supplement posts.

In terms of products having the same ingredients, that is one of the reasons I started the thread, for ingredient comparison.

FYI - Nouritress and Njoy's both have para-Aminobenzoic acid and L-Cysteine - but Nouritress label shows it only contains 100mcg which is only 1mg and Njoy's contains 100mg. BIG DIFFERENCE.

@SmilingElephant - good luck with the Mielle Organics. We will watch for your updates.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@ilong, I think the Nouritress and Mielle Organics (MO) are the same, as well. However, you can't really compare, because the MO has the same ingredients listed as a proprietary blend and the exact amounts are not listed.

The MO is at a better price point.

@smores, how is your Nouritress challenge going?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@MileHighDiva - thank you for all of the great supplement posts.

In terms of products having the same ingredients, that is one of the reasons I started the thread, for ingredient comparison.

FYI - Nouritress and Njoy's both have para-Aminobenzoic acid and L-Cysteine - but Nouritress label shows it only contains 100mcg which is only 1mg and Njoy's contains 100mg. BIG DIFFERENCE.

@SmilingElephant - good luck with the Mielle Organics. We will watch for your updates.

Also, Njoy's are time released, and don't have a coating.