Hair Skin Nails/Hair Growth Supplements Ingredient Thread

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Elongtress by Black Hair Information $24.00
Looks like the same formulation as Hydratherma Naturals (HTN)

ETA: They also have a 10mg Biotin supplement for $12.00

naturalyogini

Elongtress by Black Hair Information $24.00
Looks like the same formulation as Hydratherma Naturals (HTN)

ETA: They also have a 10mg Biotin supplement for $12.00
Same exact ingredients. hmmm. I was going to get these but then I remembered that my internist said that vitamin e causes strokes and she was advising all of her patients not to take that supplement.

ilong

God's Own
Healthy Hair 'Ayurvedic' Vitamins-By Banyan Botanicals 90 Tabs per bottle

Proprietary Blend-500mg
*Bhringaraj leaf
*Amalaki Fruit
*Brahmi Leaf
*Hibiscus Flower

Certified Organic

Happy Hair Growing!
I am entering my fourth month of taking Phytophanere and need to have a replacement for the recommended off month.

@Lita - haven't seen you post in a while. I hope you are still active on the forum. Are you taking the Healthy Hair vitamins. I am considering them as a possible replacement.

Has anyone else taken this supplement or have a review of it?

pinkness27

CVS is having a buy one get one free for Nature's Bounty hair, skin, and nails. I was also emailed a $3 dollar off for vitamins that I was able to use for the deal.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
has experience with the Beautifully Bamboo. I haven't decided on the replacement for my off a month from Phytophanere.

@ilong Hey Lady!:hiya:

So has @NaturallyATLPCH - She is using these exclusively, I think? She would be in a far better position to give her review. Since she has used them longer than 30 days.

I've only used these during the 30 days off Phytophanere, but @NaturallyATLPCH reviews on this supplement almost has me convinced to try these for the remainder of 2016?

I haven't made a final decision yet tho'. I'm still leaning toward PhytoSpecific Cap Energy.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've been taking beautifully bamboo for 3 months now and I beieve they are awesome at thickening and strengthening my strands. My hair is growing very nicely I might add buT I have not been measuring it. All I know is it's growing faster than it was before and a whole lot stronger.

@Aggie
I knew someone else was also taking them, but couldn't remember who?

Great Review btw.:2inlove:

NaturallyATLPCH

I've been taking beautifully bamboo for 3 months now and I beieve they are awesome at thickening and strengthening my strands. My hair is growing very nicely I might add buT I have not been measuring it. All I know is it's growing faster than it was before and a whole lot stronger.

I have been taking them for about 7 months now and I love them. Thicker strands, fabulous skin, stronger hair...and a little less breakage also.

ThatJerseyGirl

*walks in room*

I have been taking BB (bamboo) for months and my hair has grown significantly. I take both the tea and pills and let me tell you, my hair has gotten extra thick and longer.

The key is to be consistent. I take the tea bag and steep it in hot water in the morning, let it steep for 15 minutes, pour it in a 16oz glass with ice and water, let it steep a little more and drink/sip throughout the day. I reuse the same tea bag at night. At night, I use a regular coffee cup.

I forgot to mention that I take two of the pills in the morning on an empty stomach and have no problems at all.

The first thing I noticed was clearer skin in terms of a glow. With regards to hair, you'll notice thickness and less hair in your comb. Shortly thereafter, you'll see growth.

I've never had a problem with breakage, etc., but this combo works for me in conjunction with Biotin everyday.

My nails have grown and are thicker. Overall, as someone who uses this combo regularly, I will stick with it.

I order my Beautiful Bamboo from Amazon!

I hope this review will help someone. Remember, the key is consistency and I do not add any sweetners to the tea.

ilong

God's Own
@ThatJerseyGirl - girl so glad you walked into this here room.:D You've convinced me - BB is the way to go! My only concern is that I plan to use it as an off month replacement - so I won't be taking it for extended periods of time. The dilemma exists, regardless of which supplement I decide to use.

When you buy your BB, is Amazon proper - the seller, or another seller?

PureSilver

BB seems to be the go to supplement now. I remember when i was taking bamboo supplements along with my other hair and body vitamins my hair density improved at least 50% and i'm a fine hair gal so the difference was indeed noticeable. I should go back to my regular intake of those pills because they do work.

Beany

Hair burst (2 capsules daily, ~$36 per bottle):

Vitamin A- 800 mcg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)- 5mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)- 5mg
Vitamin B3 (Niacin)- 5mg
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)- 100mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI)- 5mg
Folic Acid- 200mcg
Biotin- 250 mcg
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 20mcg
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 100mg
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)- 2.5mcg
Calcium-200mg
Cooper-1mg
Selenium- 55mcg
Zinc-1-mg
MSM-250mg
Marine Collagen-200mg
Silica-20mg
Hyaluronic Acid-50mg
L-Cysteine-15mg
L-Methionine-15mg
L-Lysine-15mg
BCAA providing 40mg:
L-Leucine-20mg
L-Isoleucine-10mg
L-Valine-10mg

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
BB seems to be the go to supplement now. I remember when i was taking bamboo supplements along with my other hair and body vitamins my hair density improved at least 50% and i'm a fine hair gal so the difference was indeed noticeable. I should go back to my regular intake of those pills because they do work.

*walks in room*
I have been taking BB (bamboo) for months and my hair has grown significantly. I take both the tea and pills and let me tell you, my hair has gotten extra thick and longer.
The key is to be consistent. I take the tea bag and steep it in hot water in the morning, let it steep for 15 minutes, pour it in a 16oz glass with ice and water, let it steep a little more and drink/sip throughout the day. I reuse the same tea bag at night. At night, I use a regular coffee cup.
I forgot to mention that I take two of the pills in the morning on an empty stomach and have no problems at all.
The first thing I noticed was clearer skin in terms of a glow. With regards to hair, you'll notice thickness and less hair in your comb. Shortly thereafter, you'll see growth.
I've never had a problem with breakage, etc., but this combo works for me in conjunction with Biotin everyday.
My nails have grown and are thicker. Overall, as someone who uses this combo regularly, I will stick with it.
I order my Beautiful Bamboo from Amazon!
I hope this review will help someone. Remember, the key is consistency and I do not add any sweetners to the tea.

I have been taking them for about 7 months now and I love them. Thicker strands, fabulous skin, stronger hair...and a little less breakage also.

Great reviews ladies. Though now I have to mentally gear up for dealing with thicker hair.

SmilingElephant

Has anybody looked into the Sugar Bear hair vitamins or whatever they're called? The gummy vitamins? I'm curious about those bc I'm tired of swallowing these horse pills...even though they're working. :look:

larry3344

http://www.terrynaturallyvitamins.com/categories/hair-and-skin/hair-renew-formula/

SUPPLEMENT FACTS
Serving Size: 2 Softgels
Servings Per Container: 30
Ingredient Amount/Serving Daily Value
Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 4,000 IU 80%
Vitamin E (natural mixed tocopherols) 45 IU 150%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 4 mg 235%
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 20 mg 1,000%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Biotin 5,000 mcg 1,667%
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) (as calcium pantothenate) 20 mg 200%
Zinc (as zinc gluconate) 10 mg 66%
L-Cysteine 100 mg **
L-Methionine 100 mg **
Millet (Panicum miliaceum) Seed Oil CO2 Extract 400 mg **
standardized to contain >4 mg of miliacin

Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) Extract 100 mg **
standardized to deliver 7 mg of Silica

**Daily Value (DV) Not Established.

Other Ingredients: sunflower seed oil, lecithin, gelatin, beeswax, glycerol, purified water, titanium dioxide, iron oxide. Contains Soy (less than 5 parts per million)†
No: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, dairy products, artificial coloring, artificial flavoring or artificial preservatives.
Recommendations: 2 softgels daily for 30 days, then reduce to 1 per day thereafter. May continue with 2 softgels per day for enhanced benefits.

If pregnant or nursing, consult a healthcare practitioner before using.

† All EuroPharma products are actually free of soy. We list “contains soy” if a formula contains phospholipids, nattokinase and vitamin K2 which are extracted from soy. The chance of these healthy ingredients causing a risk of allergies is extremely low or non-existent. They contain a possible soy content in parts per million. However, for the safety and comfort of our customers, we provide soy information.

larry3344

Priorin

http://www.priorin.ca/en/female/product/#results

One capsule of Priorin (pack size: 30 pcs) includes: Millet extract 140 mg Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) 9 mg L-cystine 2 mg Ingredients per 100 g of Priorin capsules (Pack size: 30 pcs): Wheat germ oil, gelatin (beef, pork), aqueous extract of millet (9.65 g); oily millet extract (8.2 g), humectant: glycerol, sorbitol syrup from wheat starch, beeswax, yellow, Emulsifier: Lecithin from soybeans; stabilizer: magnesium oxide, calcium -D-pantothenate (1.28 g); dyes: iron oxides and iron hydroxides, titanium dioxide, L-cystine (0.26 g), flavoring

Aggie

What is better, the bamboo extract or beautifully bamboo supplements?
Wow @BlackRinse, I totally missed your post. Beautifully Bamboo I would say is better because it has a whole lot of other ingredients that are for healthy hair growth. I suppose you could take both though if you take the BB in the morning and the bamboo extract in the evening if you like.

Aggie

I've been taking beautifully bamboo for 3 months now and I believe they are awesome at thickening and strengthening my strands. My hair is growing very nicely I might add buT I have not been measuring it. All I know is it's growing faster than it was before and a whole lot stronger.
Hmmm, now that I think about it, I've been taking BB longer than this. I'm sure its been about a year or very close to it:scratchchin:.

Ajna

I used to take Reserveage Collagen Booster with Hyaluronic Acid and Resveratrol and Reserveage Keratin Booster with Biotin and Resveratrol. I had really great results but it was expensive so after five months I kept the Keratin Booster but added a supplement called Bamboo Silica by Enerex. I still had great results

collagen.jpg

reserveage.jpg
Bamboo Silica
Medicinal Ingredients:
Each capsule contains -
Bamboo Extract (70 mg silica) *Bambusa vulgaris* stems……..…100 mg
Calcium Citrate (40 mg elemental calcium)…………………………200 mg

Non-Medicinal Ingredients: vegetarian cellulose-complex capsule.

In January I switched to Beautifully Bamboo by itself and initially it worked great on its own but last month I noticed my progress has been slowing. I got a few bottles of Mielle Organics for free so I am going to give that a go until September, the stabilizers make this product not a very attractive option. I am fairly sure in 2017 I will return to the reversage with keratin and the bambo silica or if there is a price drop the collagen

pinkness27

Has anybody looked into the Sugar Bear hair vitamins or whatever they're called? The gummy vitamins? I'm curious about those bc I'm tired of swallowing these horse pills...even though they're working. :look:

My friend takes these (She is Filipina though) and sent me a month side by side. They work for her. She said even her coworkers noticed.

LiftedUp

The body captures a certain amount of the vitamins and the rest is released via urine.

Does anyone know the amounts for each vitamin or know of a resource for this type of information?

eta:
The Institute of Medicine's Dietary Reference Intakes serve as a recommendation for daily intake of vitamins from food and supplements. The recommended dietary allowance for vitamin C is 75 milligrams per day for women and 90 milligrams for men. The RDAs for men for the B vitamins are as follows: 1.2 milligrams of thiamine, 1.3 milligrams of riboflavin, 16 milligrams of niacin, 1.3 milligrams of B-6, 400 micrograms of folate, 2.4 micrograms of B-12, 5 milligrams of pantothenic acid and 30 micrograms of biotin. The RDAs for women for the B vitamins are as follows: 1.1 milligrams of thiamin and riboflavin, 14 milligrams of niacin, 1.3 milligrams of B-6, 400 micrograms of folate, 2.4 micrograms of B-12, 5 milligrams of pantothenic acid and 30 micrograms of biotin. Because vitamins B and C are excreted in the urine, the risk of toxicity is very low. However, there is no benefit to consuming doses in excess of the recommended amounts because they will simply be eliminated.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/body-excess-vitamin-b-c-might-consume-3056.html

I also use https://www.healthaliciousness.com/ to search for my vitamin content from the vegetables and fruits in my green smoothies.

Last edited: