• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

Hair Stalking in the store...Officially a hair addict now!

LawyerBarbie07

New Member
Ya'll I know that I'm an official hair addict now! I was in the store today and I saw a woman with gorgeous thick mid back length hair from across the way. I didnt want to be obvious...so I circled back around :look: and then pretended to browse the shirts behind her so I could stare at her hair and figure out if it was a weave( it wasn't) so as I'm continuing to admire it....I realize her husband is giving me a "what are you looking at creepy woman" look....:lol:

I moved on pretty quickly then...hehehe

I am an official hair addict, before LHCF I would have never gone to such great lengths to admire another womans hair before!

Have any of you had such situations?
 

Nice & Wavy

Well-Known Member
Well, sort of. I was in the bank yesterday and notice a beautiful girl with really pretty natural hair and her waves were deep. She was standing on line so I went behind her and she had her hair in a protective twisted bun. You could see her hair is long. I was so tempted to ask her "are you Nikko's cousin?" but, I got so shy and couldn't ask her. I did stare until she looked at me like "um...sumptin wrong with you gurl?" So I did my business and went on my way, but not without one more look...beautiful!
 

sholly6

Member
LawyerBarbie07 said:
Ya'll I know that I'm an official hair addict now! I was in the store today and I saw a woman with gorgeous thick mid back length hair from across the way. I didnt want to be obvious...so I circled back around :look: and then pretended to browse the shirts behind her so I could stare at her hair and figure out if it was a weave( it wasn't) so as I'm continuing to admire it....I realize her husband is giving me a "what are you looking at creepy woman" look....:lol:

I moved on pretty quickly then...hehehe

I am an official hair addict, before LHCF I would have never gone to such great lengths to admire another womans hair before!

Have any of you had such situations?



onmygod you are so funny lol, well did you ask her anything or just left? and if so what did she say?:D
 

LawyerBarbie07

New Member
hehee..I didnt ask her anything, her man scared me off...I considered it though!

I was sooo excited for her hair that I was mesmerized for a moment :)
 

Bint Yusef

New Member
Since I started being conscious of my hair back in 2000, I stay analyzing folks head. ...all the time!

I saw a girl in target yesterday with the most ate up head of hair, I wanted to just bring her home and give her a charity deep condish and trim.

I also love seeing beautiful healthy heads of hair.
 

LawyerBarbie07

New Member
OnAHairQuest said:
Since I started being conscious of my hair back in 2000, I stay analyzing folks head. ...all the time!

I saw a girl in target yesterday with the most ate up head of hair, I wanted to just bring her home and give her a charity deep condish and trim.
OnAHairQuest said:
Me too! I am a bit of hair snob now, I stay checking out womens hair and making mentaI recommendations to them :) ...
 
V

vivadiva85

Guest
LawyerBarbie07 said:
Me too! I am a bit of hair snob now, I stay checking out womens hair and making mental recommendations to them :) ...


thats definitely as adequate description of myself. a "hair snob." :lol:
 

KiniKakes

Well-Known Member
Im kinda shy about talking hair with strangers as well..... only because the few times Ive done so I didnt feel like it was well-received.

I was at the grocery store and saw this young woman with beautiful, mid-back, thick relaxed hair. So pretty! Since her back was too me in line, i was able to drool and ogle to my hearts content. :love: I did intend on saying something eventually, but wasnt in a rush for her to turn around.

When she finally did turn around, I smiled very pleasantly and told her that her hair was lovely. (My own hair was in a bun, so she couldnt tell anything about it except that it was pulled from my face.) Anyway, so she smiled faintly and thanked me. Then, despite this cool reaction, I proceeded to ask her if she did anything special to grow her tresses that long. Now of course i know what it takes to grow/retain some hair, but i asked this out of mere curiosity.... just to see what techniques she might use, if they were anything like what we do on the board, etc.

At that point, she looked me up and down and then responded rather coldly: "Oh, I get it trimmed often."

I was like, "Aaah, so getting it trimmed is what makes your hair long? :look: I see.... Thanks."

Hmmmm...... her response sounded very generic and contrived to me. :ohwell: Im not saying that she was lying or being a hater.......... but if someone (whether it is a stranger or a friend) asked me how i grow my hair long, my response is NOT going to be that I get it trimmed regularly. That sounds like that "black stylist/hater" type answer. Personally, I would talk about wearing protective buns frequently, moisturizing, stretching relaxers, etc....... Essentially, i would talk more about retaining hair then actually growing it, since we all know that our hair is gonna grow regardless.

Anyway, that one incident kind of turned me off. :ohwell: So now when i see beautiful hair on a sista, im more inclined to smile at her pleasantly and keep it moving. I may compliment her, just to be nice, but I doubt i'll be asking for anymore advice anymore. I dont think folks always wanna share. :p
 

nelli711

New Member
LawyerBarbie07 said:
Ya'll I know that I'm an official hair addict now! I was in the store today and I saw a woman with gorgeous thick mid back length hair from across the way. I didnt want to be obvious...so I circled back around :look: and then pretended to browse the shirts behind her so I could stare at her hair and figure out if it was a weave( it wasn't) so as I'm continuing to admire it....I realize her husband is giving me a "what are you looking at creepy woman" look....:lol:

I moved on pretty quickly then...hehehe

I am an official hair addict, before LHCF I would have never gone to such great lengths to admire another womans hair before!

Have any of you had such situations?


This is such a cute story. :)
 
Top