Hair Styles For Trich Sufferer! (kinda Vent Need Ideas!)

05girl

WHAT KIND OF HAIRSTYLE COULD I DO THAT COVERS EDGES OF HAIR AND CROWN?

Hello,

Hoping you hair experts can help! I have been suffering from hair pulling disorder for two years. It really, really sucks. I had pretty hair that would suffer breakage at the ends, and somehow pulling off ends led to pulling out whole hair strands.

Anyhow, I did full and closure weaves (with bangs) for about 1.5 years. Was great growth, but I still would pull from the edges of my hair as the weave grew out. I prefer not to go back to weaves, just a bit over weaves right now.

I'd tried my hand at natural styles. But eventually I end up pulling. After I took out weave my hair was past shoulder length! As I tried out natural hair life last summer, I started pulling again and now could access more parts of my hair. I'd get frustrated and not feel pretty and go get my hair cut -- now it's above shoulders / bob length at longest.

Recently I've done marley twists. LOVE! My first go-round they were fairly thick and kept in for 4 weeks. I was able to pull edges; I took it out one Friday with an appt to get redone on Sunday. Ended up doing some hearty pulling to my edges and crown over thoes 48 hours.

The stylist did my latest twists smaller. There's tuft of short hair on my edges where she could not braid. I also have a bald-ish area at my crown. I don't like the smaller twists; I am pulling more and they don't look as awesome as the first ones I got.

I'm frustrated again, ready to take these twists out after just 2-3 weeks because I have been able to pull a ton from my edges and crown. Getting a new hairstyle helps reset me. But this time I almost want to just cut my hair short, or buzz off the sides of my hair or something! But those styles are not "me" and I dunno if I'll really feel my prettiest with super short hair / buzzcut. My job is kinda creative but I'm straightlaced and in management so I'm hesitant about buzzing. And if I get shorter styled, my bald / picked over spots will probably still be noticeable.

I'm willing to start just going to salon every week to try to keep me "reset." BUT WHAT KIND OF HAIRSTYLE COULD I DO THAT COVERS EDGES OF HAIR AND CROWN? \

I prefer not to do a closure weave with bangs bc it's about to be hot again! If i do a full weave with leave out, i pull out the leaveout and have to hide the part/edges by 4 weeks into the weave. Marley twists aren't stopping me from accessing my hair to pull. etc etc etc.

Evolving78

You can hide your edges by wearing a middle part. As far as the crown, I don't know about that one. I wear a wig for that. Is your hair natural or relaxed?

Evolving78

Ok.. You know you have to stop pulling on your hairline and crown. I would suggest wearing a wig and babying those spots. You don't need no more weave, braids, or twists, until you can stop that bad hair practice. If not, you are going to cause permanent damage.

05girl

Middle part, maybe. My hair is pretty jacked tho, diff lengths all over. My hair is natural. I am all for weaves & wigs if it looks real... I hate shiny weave/wig hair that clearly is not the kind that grows from my head. Also I know that ish is $$$.....

Evolving78

You need a full one, but no weave. There is a wig challenge thread around here somewhere! I will search for you. Maybe you could get some ideas from there. I wear a short pixie wig. My crown is coming around, but i won't wear it out until next year.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
You can wear a lace wig or full wig. Get cornrows underneath. You can glue it or sew it on, but that may be too hot.