Hair stylist messed up!

LegsLegsLegs

This hair stylist’s lace wig installs looked superb on Instagram so I booked with her and y’all she had the wig grids showing in the front and in my part!!! As terrible as I am at installing my lace wigs, I have never even had grids showing. I’ll post some pictures but they don’t do much justice (probably why she was able to post pics and not see grids on her Instagram because u can’t really see the grids in pics). Anybody know how I can fix this???
3C9824E4-80EB-4849-999C-522691F8ED43.jpeg
C3E69271-61A2-43F0-A0CA-FCEE90346F7F.jpeg

F9EF4F87-AAB3-4056-B823-94C440FB68DD.jpeg

Attachments

• 0B298483-50D2-4E72-89C0-CE6FEE12313E.jpeg
    0B298483-50D2-4E72-89C0-CE6FEE12313E.jpeg
    675 KB · Views: 6
  • 7BC9E8B1-B5F7-4449-B7FF-30ED48A9FFF9.jpeg
    7BC9E8B1-B5F7-4449-B7FF-30ED48A9FFF9.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 6

GGsKin

@LegsLegsLegs Did she do anything to make the lace match your complexion? Tint? Powder? That would help make it a little less noticeable.
In places where the lace is more obviously showing, you could create some 'adult' wispie baby hairs with tiniest slithers of hair, or position the hair near exposed lace with slight delicate swoops to camouflage between lace and your skin. I'm not a fan of plastered baby hairs so IMO this way creates a more natural and less trending effect .

ETA: I hate when a stylist uses highly filtered recordings and pics to advertise their skill at wig application.

Last edited:

LegsLegsLegs

@LegsLegsLegs Did she do anything to make the lace match your complexion? Tint? Powder? That would help make it a little less noticeable.
In places where the lace is more obviously showing, you could create some 'adult' wispie baby hairs with tiniest slithers of hair, or position the hair near exposed lace with slight delicate swoops to camouflage between lace and your skin. I'm not a fan of plastered baby hairs so IMO this way creates a more natural and less trending effect .

ETA: I hate when a stylist uses highly filtered recordings and pics to advertise their skill at wig application.
She claimed she’d bleached the knots.. I don’t think I seen her put any makeup on the lace. I’m not a fan of those baby hairs either! Can’t stand em! But I’ll try the wispies. Thank u so much!!

LegsLegsLegs

I'm in the same boat Leggy. The stylist just used makeup and didn't bleach the closure so now I look like a screen door. I just said f it and I put a headband over it.
LOL!! Girl we both walking around here looking like screen doors. Why they do us like that lol I paid too much money on this lace wig so I been walking around looking like a screen door until I figure out how to fix this