Hair Tools and Toys

LovinLocks

To help with protective styling no becoming boring you ladies have any suggestions for hair tools AND where they may be purchased?

I spyed a post about the Ketylo hair sticks and feel absolutely in love with the artistic craftsmanship of them. Figured I'd stop in and see if perhaps there are other way nice combs and such you might know of. I have exhausted the local drugstores with their Goody products.

TIA for any input.

daaiyah

Baerreis has some very nice items at www.hairsticks.net.

Ketylo is having a sale untill 7-31. Buy 4 get 1 free up to 2 free sticks. Just email him your choices.

www.etsy.com is a site of nothing but handmade items. They have loads of choices.

infojunkie

Love this thread!! I am transitioning and have no idea what to do with my hair now. I too have exhausted Walmart's Goody choices.

Thanks for the info.

LovinLocks

Baerreis has some very nice items at www.hairsticks.net.

Ketylo is having a sale untill 7-31. Buy 4 get 1 free up to 2 free sticks. Just email him your choices.

www.etsy.com is a site of nothing but handmade items. They have loads of choices.

OOoh "D"; thanks for stopping and posting. Yup, I spoke with the Ketylo gentleman yesterday. Placed my order last week. Errybody be notified, the sticks come singly. Silly me, saw the photos in pairs and thought that is how they come . . . duh.

Gonna try out these sites. Thanks again.

LL

LovinLocks

Love this thread!! I am transitioning and have no idea what to do with my hair now. I too have exhausted Walmart's Goody choices.

Thanks for the info.

Hey infojunkie, did you/have you tried the protective hairstyles threads? I keep going over and over 'em to make sure I'm not missing anything. They are a wealth (or it is plethora) of information there; info. good for a junkie such as yourself. :lachen::grin:

LovinLocks

All these suggstions are the bomb. I've got windows open for two crazy 8's and one zing. Thanks ladies. Keep 'em coming.

infojunkie

Hey infojunkie, did you/have you tried the protective hairstyles threads? I keep going over and over 'em to make sure I'm not missing anything. They are a wealth (or it is plethora) of information there; info. good for a junkie such as yourself. :lachen::grin:

:lachen::lachen:Thanks LL and yes I have (also copied and pasted to myself - I know, I'm bad). But my hair is either too long, too short or the style isn't something I can pull off by myself.

Right now, I've got it pulled back in a pony with the ends tucked in and a hair scrunchie twisted on for style. It works for church and work so I'm good until I get tired of looking at it. Plus is was cheap at less than $5 for the scrunchie.

LovinLocks

Uuuh, uuuh, infojunkie, I've got something for you. Apparently we are sistah when it comes to stylin' and such 'cause I feel like you do. Check out this U Tube I stumbled upon yesterday. Now, let's see if I can find it . . . . even I can do this bun:

Hum Jeopardy whilst I go look fer it . . . awww snaps, I'm at work and it's taking forever to come up which prolly means these folk have a firewall up. Geez, don't they know I'm tryin' to get my long hair info. on.

K, well, when I get home (off at 3) I'll send the link to yaw'll. Wanted to do that today anyway, then infojunkie jogged my memory. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Marand13

Get a flexi8 definetely!!:yep:
I LOVE :love: them and they last a long time! I have some from two years ago and I use them very often!:drool::love:

Leeda.the.Paladin

I like these, though my hair is not long enough for them.

http://www.tandthairclips.com/

Leeda.the.Paladin

Ooohh these are sooooo yummy. If I don't straighten my hair after I wash I just might be able to pull these off.

Ya'll are gonna fool around and get me in trouble. I should be focusing on rent and the phone bill this week, not no doggone hair toys. :wallbash:

Pfft! Rent and the phone bill don't make your hair look GOOD! :grin:

Garner

Ladies...

Ketylo Sticks are extremely gentle to the hair and easy to use. I love them!!! They are pricey, however remember they come in exotic woods and dymondwoods. The exotic wood has to be oiled occasionally, but the dymondwood does not. You can also use the dymondwood in damp hair but not the exotic woods. Fox of Sticks and Stones also makes beautiful Ketylo sticks.

I would like to order the hair fork, but I am not sure if they are to be inserted the same way as the hair sticks are. Any suggestions??? :perplexed

Garner

Priestress...

Are these gentle? How are they inserted? Like a regular comb or up and inside the bun?

infojunkie

Pfft! Rent and the phone bill don't make your hair look GOOD! :grin:

Well, I would be the cutest panhandler on the block. :rolleyes:

These are my favorite toys for bunning:

They have lots of yummy hair toys at: http://smoothiesbyintuition.com/index.html

Why do I keep coming in here finding new places to buy this mess?! I must be a glutton for punishment.

At this rate ima need a suga' daddy just to support my transitioning to natural urges. :lachen:My boys have sorta gotten accustomed to living indoors (what's up with that - Mama's hair has needs!).

LovinLocks

My stuff arrived, my stuff arrived. See in my siggie below. Boy did they get here fast. My hairzing is even here, but the batteries of my digi cam died and are charging. These folks are on to something with this. The packaging is impeccable too. Being a soapmaker I kinda pay attention to packaging and presentation.

The bottom Flexi-8 is a large, the other a medium (fyi). From looking at 'em in person I didn't think the medium would fit, but it does. I was able to gather ALL my hair and wrap it around. I am trying on the large now and it fits too. It's not sliding off like I thought it would after trying on the medium and it fitting so well. Think I'll wear one of my Flexi-8's tonight for my meeting. :yay:I'm going to try a french twist with it.

Oooooh snap. I have one more box here. Guess what it is???? My Maxi-glide. Gimme a hooo if you got cho funky bus fare. Hooo Hoooo . . .

I'm off to play with my new stuff.

JustKiya

My stuff arrived, my stuff arrived. See in my siggie below. Boy did they get here fast. My hairzing is even here, but the batteries of my digi cam died and are charging. These folks are on to something with this. The packaging is impeccable too. Being a soapmaker I kinda pay attention to packaging and presentation.

The bottom Flexi-8 is a large, the other a medium (fyi). From looking at 'em in person I didn't think the medium would fit, but it does. I was able to gather ALL my hair and wrap it around. I am trying on the large now and it fits too. It's not sliding off like I thought it would after trying on the medium and it fitting so well. Think I'll wear one of my Flexi-8's tonight for my meeting. :yay:I'm going to try a french twist with it.

Oooooh snap. I have one more box here. Guess what it is???? My Maxi-glide. Gimme a hooo if you got cho funky bus fare. Hooo Hoooo . . .

I'm off to play with my new stuff.

:drool:

I'm so jelly. *sigh* *gives hair the you need to be growing faster sideeye*

LovinLocks

Get a flexi8 definetely!!:yep:
I LOVE :love: them and they last a long time! I have some from two years ago and I use them very often!:drool::love:

Wore mine last night to the Kingdom Hall and got a rave review. One of the more creative sisters was all up in it examining it and talking 'bout how it would be easy to make. Tee hee hee, funny thing is THAT is exactly what I said when I saw it. But, you know what . . . that's how business folk make money . . . do what others ain't willing to do. I already make soap, bath and body sundries, lock butters, body butters, crochet, can knit. Geesh, I just ain't got time. Oh, and last month decided to start making my own drop earring out of semi-precious stones. There are only so many hours in da day, maaan.