Hair tools, Toys, and Product Review Thread

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I did a search and a lot of the threads are YEARS old and that’s practically an eternity in the hair world. Things change rapidly and companies rise, fall, and the dreaded “R” word...reformulate. So I thought it would be a nice idea to have an updated thread. Here’s where you can place your grins, groans, and no holds barred opinion. I’ll go first:

I recently purchased the Miropure Straightening brush. I got it yesterday (Sunday) and the box it came it was nice.

Grins:
Temperature controlled
Flashes when it’s off
No burnt hair smell
My relaxed hair remained soft. The bristles were too big to be effective on my new growth

Groans:
It seems like it gets my hair hot, but not straight. I’m 6 weeks post relaxer and I feel like it should have gotten my hair straighter. It was 99% dry with the exception of my spray heat protectant
I’m pretty sure it snagged my hair. I had pieces of hair stuck in the bristles. I don’t know if it’s because my hair is on the short side or what. Also I had to do a million passes to get it even remotely straight.

Final Verdict::ohwell:
I don’t know if I have to try it with more damp hair or something else. I want the one the YouTubers have.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Okay. I bought some relaxed hair extensions from My Natural Hair Extensions. I also bought some virgin Brazilian Natural Wave hair from a YouTuber (but I’m not too sure what I’m gonna do with this) Here are my grins and groans:

My Natural Hair Extensions
Groan: Shipping needs work. A lot of it.
I ordered the YouTuber extensions on Dec 10th and got them exactly 6 days later. I ordered MNHE Nov 27th and got them Dec 24th on Christmas Eve, but my package didn’t get movement until I inquired about it. Both companies are black owned.

Another Groan: It still has a chemical smell. I washed it with neutralizing shampoo twice (within a matter of days)and I deep conditioned once, but I’m deep conditioning it currently. I put the extensions in a plastic bag with some conditioner, tied it and I microwaved them in 10 second increments for 30 seconds until I figured out I wasn’t gonna blow up the microwave or melt my extensions. Then I microwaved it for 30 seconds and flipped it over and microwaved it again for 30 seconds, then took them out and let the bag rest. I haven’t checked if it still smells like chemicals yet.

Grins: The hair hasn’t shed (I haven’t untied them yet) and the bundles look thick.

Twelve22extensions(YouTuber extensions)
Groans: Nothing yet.

Grins:Shipping was fast. Standard virgin bundles.No chemical smells. I didn’t need to email them so I don’t know how the company customer service is. I’ll be back to edit if I think of anything.

Edit: The MNHE still smells faintly of chemicals, but I sprayed my smell good oil from my Misto bottle and I think I should be good.

Last edited: