Hair Tools

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
Any recommendations for which brand of Hooded Dryer (Salon type) and the steamer (salon type) is good to buy. I do have a conditioning heat cap but steamers are far better, I'm put off by any bad reviews i come across on amazon. Would be helpful if anyone who has personal experience with them how they performed. Btw i live in UK?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I bought a steamer and hooded dryer from Amazon over 10 years ago. Both still work perfectly.

The hooded dryer is a knock off version of the expensive Pibbs. The steamer I got for free (the company refunded my money & told me to keep or discard it) because there was a minor issue with it that I fixed by hanging a few one pound weights on the back bar.

lorr1e1

I bought a steamer and hooded dryer from Amazon over 10 years ago. Both still work perfectly.

The hooded dryer is a knock off version of the expensive Pibbs. The steamer I got for free (the company refunded my money & told me to keep or discard it) because there was a minor issue with it that I fixed by hanging a few one pound weights on the back bar.
what brand did you buy

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
what brand did you buy

Hair Dryer doesn't really have a name but it's listed as Best Choice dryer. According to Amazon, it's no longer available but a similar search shows two units that look exactly the same but with blue trim instead of chrome.

ETA: I'M chuckling because the steamer is by the same folks.

Theresamonet

The Pibbs brand of dryers is probably the most universally favored. It’s a very high quality, long lasting machine. I have the 514 KWIK dryer.

My steamer is from Amazon. I haven’t taken the best care of it (dropped it during a move, it rolled all down the street), but it’s holding up very well, and gives a good, strong steam. Much better than the LCL one that I had years ago. Those don’t last long.

lorr1e1

The Pibbs brand of dryers is probably the most universally favored. It’s a very high quality, long lasting machine. I have the 514 KWIK dryer.

My steamer is from Amazon. I haven’t taken the best care of it (dropped it during a move, it rolled all down the street), but it’s holding up very well, and gives a good, strong steam. Much better than the LCL one that I had years ago. Those don’t last long.

Is that a hair dryer or a steamer that you are talking about as i'd like both.

Mapleoats

I have both the LCL dryer and pro steamer. I like both. I have a small apartment and the stand is compatible with both the steamer and the dryer. I keep the stand tucked away in a corner and the dryer and steamer head in boxes in my closet to save on space when not in use.

MilkChocolateOne

I have the LCL stand dryer and steamer too. Both items are over ten years old. I rarely use the steamer. I use the dryer about once or twice a month.