Hair Toys

skraprchik

I love all of your styles. You have some very nice hair toys. I have two questions:

1. Are you using a hair net in some of these? If so, I need to find one to try out.

2. What is this:

They looks interesting. Are they like ponytail holders or banana clips?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I love all of your styles. You have some very nice hair toys. I have two questions:

1. Are you using a hair net in some of these? If so, I need to find one to try out.

2. What is this:

They looks interesting. Are they like ponytail holders or banana clips?
@skraprchik, I use a hair net every single time I bun. I purchase them from Sally's. I started this about a yr ago out of the desire for a neat bun. Other LHCF sisters have adopted the idea/technique with great success. The hair net keeps your hair in place. I use a thin hair net that is practically invisible unless you're all up in my head inspecting it. :grin:

Those interesting things you mention are u shaped banana clips. I use them to make all of my pony tails. They don't snag or tug at my hair. They don't cause breakage either. I purchased them from an ebay vendor that is no longer selling them. I'm bummed because after my supply runs out, I will have to find a pony making alternative. :nono:

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
skraprchik Thanks - You are feeding my obsession!

Buns with hair toys that I've collected from various stores....

divachyk
I knew I could count on you. Your buns are the best! What is this toy? Is it a comb? Do you remember where you got it?

Also, just wanted you all to know that one of my favorite toy stores is having a memorial day sale. http://www.crystalmood.com/

SAVE 15% ON
NEW ARRIVALS
DURING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

COUPON CODE: MEM2012
5/26-5/28 Only

There are also some hairsticks that are going for 4 for $20. Great way to try out sticks without spending a lot of money.

divachyk

wavezncurlz you're too kind -- thank you. I can always count on you too. :yep: My hair toys are mainly flamingo clips with different decorative looks. I got the one you posted at a flea market in Orlando. I rarely order clips. I look for them in flea markets or accessory type stores. I usually score on neat accessories when out of town.

Thanks for posting the website where you order your candy.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I've been eyeing these beautiful silver and gold toys from senzalimiti

I think jupitermoon had a beautiful hair comb from them. I've saved the shop on my etsy favorites but haven't bought anything. I'm most intrigued by the Treble Clef looking one.

Attachments

• il_570xN_257866753.jpg
    il_570xN_257866753.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 50
  • il_570xN_326522796.jpg
    il_570xN_326522796.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 50
  • il_fullxfull.257819886.jpg
    il_fullxfull.257819886.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 45
  • il_fullxfull.326342133.jpg
    il_fullxfull.326342133.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
[USER=49019 said:
wavezncurlz[/USER];16115641]I've been eyeing these beautiful silver and gold toys from senzalimiti

I think @jupitermoon had a beautiful hair comb from them. I've saved the shop on my etsy favorites but haven't bought anything. I'm most intrigued by the Treble Clef looking one.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

napbella

I am so going to ask for fica clips for Christmas. I have been drooling over them since I saw mdwezi(sp?) and some other long haired beauty a couple of years ago:)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

winona--LOL at you already planning your christmas list :lol:

beanie44

Do you happen to remember where you got the brown one? I used to have one of those and loved it, and cant remember where I got it lol.
I use this kind of banana clip a lot, I found the brown one at Bed Bath and Beyond(A moment of silence please I love this place), another place is my walgreens down the street also stocks this banana clip.

Leslie_C

I use this kind of banana clip a lot, I found the brown one at Bed Bath and Beyond(A moment of silence please I love this place), another place is my walgreens down the street also stocks this banana clip.

Thanks so much! Now I know where to look for a replacement!:grin:

divachyk

afroette, how does that happen? I keep the length of the clip as close to each other as possible so that when I go to snap it shut, I'm not fighting to get the ends to meet up nor am I putting too much tension on my hair. I'm having a hard time explaining it but hope you understand what I mean.

afroette

divachyk, I think I understand you. I broke two new ones last week and one a couple weeks before. Just bought a new one yesterday. Let's see how long this one lasts.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Ohhh exciting! I had no idea hair toys were so big over here too. These are a few I have from grahtoestudio (etsy), schnitztube (etsy), and Ficarre.
2015-03-29 04.14.09.jpg JAMIA-HP - WIN_20151217_155539.JPGSnapshot_20150209_1.JPG

ETA: Forgot about my Flexi8! That was my favorite hair toy until I discovered Goody Ouchless barettes. They are just so much easier for holding up twists, and I don't worry about the metal catching.

And the koi fish hairsticks I got as a gift. They don't really hold anything, but they're pretty cute.

2015-03-09 22.44.27.jpg

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
:toocool::love4:
Ohhh exciting! I had no idea hair toys were so big over here too. These are a few I have from grahtoestudio (etsy), schnitztube (etsy), and Ficarre.
View attachment 350615 View attachment 350617View attachment 350619

ETA: Forgot about my Flexi8! That was my favorite hair toy until I discovered Goody Ouchless barettes. They are just so much easier for holding up twists, and I don't worry about the metal catching.

View attachment 350621
And the koi fish hairsticks I got as a gift. They don't really hold anything, but they're pretty cute.

View attachment 350623

:love4: @Colocha Thanks so much for sharing. These are awesome. I have been wearing my hair out and down lately. You are reminding me that I need to go back to some of my hair toys!:love2: