Hair Toys

skraprchik

The Hair Sticks Thread lead me to find all kinds of great hair sticks and toys in the last year. They have made life so much easier because they allow me to make a quick and easy updo every day. I've worn my hair in a simple bun or twist for the last 54 days and my retention has been great. I hear a lot of ladies talking about damage due to buns, and I'd like us to show some options that don't require elastics but provide the same protection.

Please feel free to post your use of hair accessories in this thread (wavezncurlz this is for you). Here are a few of mine:

French Twist Comb

Ficcare in Medium

Ficcare in Medium

Lady Idun Acrylic Hair Stick

The last was taken today after a shampoo and condition. The acrylic hair stick won't be damaged by wet hair. My hair is only just scraping APL when straightened and shoulder when wet.

IMFOCSD

Nice styles skraprchik those are cute styles. I have one to share, I dont have many hairtoys but I will soon since I discovered how much I enjoy upstyles :)

ForumRunner_20120524_074259.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Very nice ladies! I can't wait for my hair to get long enough so I can use hair sticks and clips and have some thickness to my styles

IMFOCSD

HairPleezeGrow said:
Very nice ladies! I can't wait for my hair to get long enough so I can use hair sticks and clips and have some thickness to my styles

HairPleezeGrow your hair would look really nice styled with a ezcomb/hairzing...you should try it out :)

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
skraprchik I meant to start a thread but didn't get around to it. Thanks for taking the lead (and the plug for the hairstick thread)! I do think it's a great idea.

Here are some of my favorites -

1) A bendini from Scunci - I heard they were discontinuing but I still see them at my CVS sometimes. This bun was a low bun with a satin scrunchie (not done tightly). I spread bun to hide scrunchi and pinned bendini for decoration.

2) A hairstick - please feel free to peruse our hairstick thread for lots of ideas and vendors: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=501326

3) Duct tape flower from Huffleblossoms - same process - make bun with scrunchie - hide scrunchie by spreading and pin flower

4) Flower from Fatima

5) Two kiddie sized Bendini's from Scunci

Attachments

• .2.jpg
    .2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 01.26.12.jpg
    01.26.12.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 1.18.12.jpg
    1.18.12.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 05.09.12 flower from fatima.jpg
    05.09.12 flower from fatima.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 96
  • 11.10.11.jpg
    11.10.11.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 95

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
skraprchik - I still haven't dropped money for the Ficcare. You are tempting me!!

IMFOCSD I like your hairzing! I forget to use mine but I like the styles you can do.

HairPleezeGrow I agree with IMFOCSD. You can probably do a hairzing. Diva_Esq used one right after she BC'd and I'd never seen it done in that way. I'm hoping she'll see my call-out and show the picture I'm talking about.

brucebettye

I love hair toys and here is on of my favorites. I got this flower in 3 colors from one of those stores like forever 21. I love to wear flowers and the bigger the better.:grin::grin: I am wearing this one today at work. The flower is bigger than my afro puff.

Attachments

• Trip and others 330.jpg
    Trip and others 330.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 68
  • Trip and others 331.jpg
    Trip and others 331.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 74
  • Trip and others 332.jpg
    Trip and others 332.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 67

afroette

thanks so much for this thread! this forum is really expanding my horizons in hair, makeup, and nails. I've been ps'ing with buns but realized i might be stressing my short hair. i wondered how to do some updos with short hair and now i know.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I love hair toys and here is on of my favorites. I got this flower in 3 colors from one of those stores like forever 21. I love to wear flowers and the bigger the better.:grin::grin: I am wearing this one today at work. The flower is bigger than my afro puff.

brucebettye
That flower is giving me life. It's bigger than life! :grin:

kinkycurlygurl

I got a great dollar store find this week snap on feather extensions they came as a 2 pack for a dollar. I got 2 packages that gave me 4 different colors to choose from. The best part was that the same item cost $8 per pack at Walmart. I got them for $2 :woot:

I added a set of feathers to my diagonal french braid today. I went with the conservative neutral for work.

7263788752_40327fd085_m.jpg

7263795082_961f8b313a_m.jpg

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I got a great dollar store find this week snap on feather extensions they came as a 2 pack for a dollar. I got 2 packages that gave me 4 different colors to choose from. The best part was that the same item cost $8 per pack at Walmart. I got them for $2 :woot:

I added a set of feathers to my diagonal french braid today. I went with the conservative neutral for work.

View attachment 151281

View attachment 151283

ooh - never thought of trying feathers. I always thought of them for kids. I like this way of wearing them.

winona

I am so going to ask for fica clips for Christmas. I have been drooling over them since I saw mdwezi(sp?) and some other long haired beauty a couple of years ago:)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kinkycurlygurl

These are some of my favorite hairtoys:

I got the feather pin @ NY Comiccon last year
7212889000_1214e1933b_m.jpg

I picked up 8 of those little bling pins on sale last summer.
7212881914_68900cc3fc_s.jpg

This is my favorite headband it's very goddessy
7066096633_7e44aa70fc_s.jpg

Last edited:

skraprchik

skraprchik I meant to start a thread but didn't get around to it. Thanks for taking the lead (and the plug for the hairstick thread)! I do think it's a great idea.

Here are some of my favorites -

1) A bendini from Scunci - I heard they were discontinuing but I still see them at my CVS sometimes. This bun was a low bun with a satin scrunchie (not done tightly). I spread bun to hide scrunchi and pinned bendini for decoration.

2) A hairstick - please feel free to peruse our hairstick thread for lots of ideas and vendors: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=501326

3) Duct tape flower from Huffleblossoms - same process - make bun with scrunchie - hide scrunchie by spreading and pin flower

4) Flower from Fatima

5) Two kiddie sized Bendini's from Scunci

These are all great! I like how creative you can be with the flowers. I may need to search out a bendini tomorrow, based on your photos.

skraprchik

View attachment 151281

View attachment 151283

I bet my students would love this look. Very nice!

skraprchik

I am so going to ask for fica clips for Christmas. I have been drooling over them since I saw mdwezi(sp?) and some other long haired beauty a couple of years ago:)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
I love mine. You won't be wasting your money. If you want to try one out inexpensively, Ulta sells a knock-off that is very similar to a Ficcare.

afroette

One of my two toys broke yesterday! A banana clip. So yesterday I bought some smaller banana clips from eBay link posted earlier in thread. My hair gets so kinky for me to be a relaxed head. I'm desperately waiting for length and density so that I can use more (conservative office environment appropriate) toys!