Hair vitamin(s) that grow(s) hair without causing breakouts?

Divine Inspiration

Hey ladies! :)

I wanna try a hair vit for the remainder of my Christmas stretch so I can get the most growth possible. Right now I've got almost 3" and it would be wonderful if I could squeeze 5" out by December 14.
I'm looking for a hair blend that is effective but doesn't cause acne (i.e. Biotin). I realize that this kind of side effect varies from person to person, but I'd like to hear some reviews that benefitted the tresses without sacrificing the skin. :look:

Any suggestions?

Nita81

I take 1 of each daily

Suri

I have never experience breakouts from any of the supplements I have so, maybe if you know what you are allergic to that might help you when reading labels for what to stay away from. I would try:

GNC Ultra Nourishair
MSM
L-Cysteine
Silica / Horsetail
Fish Body Oil
Flax Seed Oils
Carrot Juice
Iron
Big 100 or 150 - Both GNC
Amino Acids
GNC Hair, Skin, Nails
HF37

Biotin helps to maintain strong hair growth and keeps it from breaking. So you may want to supplement a product topically to help prevent breakage and then chose a few vitamins for your hair. Carrot oil or Carrot cream and Jojoba Oil are great from preventing breakage as well as moisture overall! HHG

PS- do a search on hair vitamins, you are sure to find something!!

Divine Inspiration

Thanks girls!
Nita, I'm already doing a 1000 mg of powdered MSM/day for general health. I can't read the brand name of that second bottle...what's the name of it?

Nita81

Divine Inspiration said:
Thanks girls!
Nita, I'm already doing a 1000 mg of powdered MSM/day for general health. I can't read the brand name of that second bottle...what's the name of it?

Futurebiotics

RainbowCurls

I am about to start taking Silica, which is supposed to IMPROVE skin and nails as well as hair, so I'll be pretty annoyed if they cause break outs.

Lioness

Hi D.I.

Vitamins have really helped in my growth.

I take a multi vitamin, EPO (Which I shall be changing to Flaxseed as I have not really seen any resuts for like 5 months!!), MSM (sometimes), Zinc, Biotin (just started PP brand) and L-Cysteine.

These all help in my growth, especially Zinc. I've heard that spirulina is good as it contains amino acids and is very high in other proteins.
If you're going to take Amino Acids, be careful which brand you take as it can cause acne due to the higher levels of androgen the body will produce. (I was taking the Mass brand of Aminos and I got bad breakouts- I might start a thread on this), so now I just take L-Cystene.

Always drink plenty plenty of water to prevent any breakouts, and for your hair health.
Like the others said, it depends from person to person whether your skin reacts to certain vitamins. I've read that acne can be triggered by too much B-Vitamins. This may be 1 mg Biotin for some, or 12 mg Biotin for others.
So just drink a lot of water with what ever vitamins you end up taking.

HTH
Bliss
x

Divine Inspiration

I drink plenty of water anyway so that won't be an issue for me. I'll probably find one of the products that Nita & Perfect D recommended. I've heard about the hormonal effects of amino acids so I'll probably try to find a blend of some sort.

HoneyDew

PerfectDoak said:
I am about to start taking Silica, which is supposed to IMPROVE skin and nails as well as hair, so I'll be pretty annoyed if they cause break outs.

I have been using Biosil and a multi-vitamin. It has been 2 months now and I have really started to see improvement in my nail strength and skin. I am not sure about my hair because I am doing lots of things that have helped my hair. I am sure it is growing stronger since my nails are.

I used to take all of that other crap and it was just too much.

Divine Inspiration

HoneyDew said:
I have been using Biosil and a multi-vitamin. It has been 2 months now and I have really started to see improvement in my nail strength and skin. I am not sure about my hair because I am doing lots of things that have helped my hair. I am sure it is growing stronger since my nails are.

I used to take all of that other crap and it was just too much.

Where did you purchase your BioSil and which multi are you taking?
I feel you on the multiple pills. I've never taken more than 2 or 3 at a time and even then it felt like too much. I already take iron; that doesn't change. So I hate having to constantly chuck pills all day. For this stretch, I'm thinkin of iron, my multi, and some other vit devoted solely to hair and after my relaxer I may come off of it depending on how complicated I feel things are or whether I can actually remember! :lol:

HoneyDew

Divine Inspiration said:
Where did you purchase your BioSil and which multi are you taking?
I feel you on the multiple pills. I've never taken more than 2 or 3 at a time and even then it felt like too much. I already take iron; that doesn't change. So I hate having to constantly chuck pills all day. For this stretch, I'm thinkin of iron, my multi, and some other vit devoted solely to hair and after my relaxer I may come off of it depending on how complicated I feel things are or whether I can actually remember! :lol:

I get my biosil from The Vitamin Shoppe. I took the capsules for the 1st month (30 day supply) but the liquid is a better deal. I bought a bag of fillable 100 vegi-caps and make my own capsules. The liquid 100 day supply and cost the same.

Right now I am taking Olay's multivitamin. I have them because I saw them on a buy one get one free sale and I also had a $1 coupon. They have the regular multi-vitamin ingredients, but also 2 mg Silicon, 250 mcg Lutein, and 2 mg Coenzyme Q-12.

I was taking a lot of pills before, but it got old and I really needed some simplicity in my hair routine and my vitamins. These are working out well.

tinkat

Two vitamins that i take daily is Puritan Pride's Hair Vitamins and One A Day for women. I don't get breakouts and my hair and nails are growing strong.

SouthernGirl

I love my HF37 vitamins. They grow hair and I really do believe they keep my skin clear. I've noticed that if I stop using for a while (between shipments) I get a zit or two.

They are expensive, but well worth it! Just visit www.hf37.com

SG

bluediamond0829

I'm trying to decide if i want to order HF37...but because of the price of it and it only lasting for a month im trying to find an alternative but something with the same strength as the HF37 are there any suggestions??? and i definetly dont want to get the amino acids and start taking them and they cause me to have an increase in zits?...

SouthernGirl: i pmd about how many pills do you take a day...because on the website for HF37 they were saying take 1 of the step 1s twice a day and then take 2 of the step2 6 times a day...i wanted to know if you take all those pills or do you extend them out? thats alot of pills...