Hair Vitamin/Supplement 2015 Challenge

Jace032000

For all of you who were in the 2014 Hair Infinity Challenge with me --- or for those who are looking to try Hair Supplements and join others who can help you stay on your game…this challenge is for you!

I personally had great success with Hair Infinity but I know there are other vitamins that work equally well for others. If you're willing to join me this year in ensuring you nourish your hair both outside and inside then come in and join this challenge! We all want to know what you're taking!!!!

To join, simply reply by answering:

What supplements are you taking or planning to start?
Current Hair Status: Texlaxed, natural, relaxed etc.
Current Regimen
Current Hair Length
Desired Hair Length
Post your starting Picture!!

I'll start:

Hair Supplement I'm taking Hair Infinity
Current Hair Status: I'm a Straight Haired Natural
My current regimen is two weeks of applying liquid hair growth creme and sulfur based liquid hair growth hair oil (every other day) and then the last two weeks of the month deep conditioning and doing a protein treatment on my hair followed by a flat iron. The flat iron usually lasts for two weeks (unless it get's wet) and doing those two weeks, I apply nothing to my hair except Jojoba oil and that's only on my scalp.
Current Hair Length: When I started Hair Infinity last March I was just a little past SL …now I'm scraping MBL!
Desired Hair Length Healthy Waist Length hair!!

Starting Pic as of Dec 2014:

Attachments

• 2014 Dec Hair Pic.jpg
    2014 Dec Hair Pic.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 129

charmtreese

Hair Supplement:
Vitamin Shoppe HSN
Vitamin Shoppe Silica
Vitamin Shoppe Biotin
Vitamin Shoppe MSM Powder
Vitamin Shoppe Iron
One a Day Women’s Gummy Vitamins

Current Hair Status:
Natural

My current regimen:
Weekly – Cleanse, DC, Twist (protein treatment when needed, normally every other week)
Daily – Seal/Moisturize
Baggie – 3 to 5 nights a week

Current Hair Length:
Last check was grazing APL (back in June/next LC end of Dec. 2014)

Desired Hair Length:
WL

Will post pic end of Dec or 1st week in Jan. (Siggy pic is of last May Blow dry, flat iron)

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
What supplements are you taking or planning to start: Manetabolism
Current Hair Status: Natural
Current Regimen: wigging it! beehive braids underneath my wig. I wash and condition and get my hair rebraided at the salon every month and a half. I wash at home whenever I see build up. spray my braids just about every day with a spray bottle with water, almond oil, glycerin, castor oil, grapeseed oil and avocado oil
Current Hair Length: Arm pit
Desired Hair Length: Waist length. Also hoping that the vitamins will help grow back my barely there edges.
Post your starting Picture: my hair is braided under my wig right now but I will post my starting picture once I take them out on Jan 10th

Last edited:

claud-uk

I'd like to join Jace032000. I'm fairly consistent with vitamins.

I'll be back to post my starting stats on Boxing day after straightening (and trimming if necessary).

Merry Christmas everyone!

Karmi

I'm joining. I'm currently taking hairfinity (about 2 weeks now) but I plan on switching to manetabolism after my 4 bottles are done to compare products then pick which one ill continue for the rest of the year. I'll post my pic and stats before the new year. Excited!

Blkrose

What supplements are you taking or planning to start? TJ hair skin nails and TJ biotin once finished manetabolism if I can afford it
Current Hair Status: Texlaxed, natural, relaxed etc. Natural
Current Regimen: will be starting MHM
Current Hair Length: NL
Desired Hair Length: APL
Post your starting Picture!!

After taking the pic didn't realize how terrible my hair looks

Attachments

• image-404806146.jpg
    image-404806146.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 76

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I will be back! I'm back!

I'm taking the following:

Kind Organics Prenatal Multi-vitamin
Vitamin Shoppe Biotin (1mg) 2x

My hair is currently SL with the front reaching my chin. My goal is to transition to WL, then maintain the length until I get all of the heat damaged ends off.

Starting pic is below.

image-3504339349.jpg

Last edited:

BillsBackerz67

Here for it. I've been taking TJ prenatal supplement and their wild salmon oil supplement. I've been taking the Prenatal supplement for 3 months consistently and I've seen great results. I just started the salmon oil last month.

Evolving78

Here for it. I've been taking TJ prenatal supplement and their wild salmon oil supplement. I've been taking the Prenatal supplement for 3 months consistently and I've seen great results. I just started the salmon oil last month.
I need a fish oil supplement, does it make you burp or smell like fish?

Anaisin

Taking biotin, forgot what it's called it's in a green bottle though

Current Hair Status: Texlaxed, natural, relaxed etc.
Current Regimen
Shampoo & DC once a week (Saturday night), Co wash Wednesday's. Styles- Wash n go bun or wet braid out
Current Hair Length Full apl
Desired Hair Length MBL-Waist length

Attachments

• _20141228_212943.JPG
    _20141228_212943.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 74

Karmi

What supplements are you taking or planning to start? I'll be taking Hairfinity for 4 months then Manetabolism 4 month. Then will compare which product gave me the most growth with the least side effects and finish out the year.

Current Hair Status: Natural - SL stretched

Current Regimen - Cowash 1x a week with Tresseme naturals or Aussie Moist Cleanse weekly with As I Am Cleansing Cowash or Rhoussul clay. Deep condition weekly with SM JBCO, Manuka honey or purification masque, I love all three. Cherry Lola treatment once a month I mostly wear wash n go's but absolutely can't wait to get my hair in a comfortable bun! Once there it's bun life for me.

Current Hair Length Desired Hair Length: I need to get to SL curly BSL stretchered as sooooon as possible. I big chopped to an inch of hair from BSL relaxed and I miss my long hair so much Post your starting Picture!!

Attachments

• image-1075075285.jpg
    image-1075075285.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image-4111388368.jpg
    image-4111388368.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Babygrowth

I'm in!
What supplements are you taking or planning to start? I will be rotating between Rainbow light hair, skin, and nail and Manetabolism. Loved Hairfinity and may try that again.
Current Hair Status: Texlaxed
Current Regimen: Wash/cowash, DC every 3ish days air dry or blow dry then bun. Will also incorporate roller sets and weaves.
Current Hair Length: SL/CBL
Desired Hair Length: MBL

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I'm back! Finally got a trim lol

What supplements are you taking or planning to start? MSM powder from capsule (I don't consume pork, capsule shell is made out of gelatin) in a shot glass of veggie juice with a multi-vitamin.

Current Hair Status: Texlaxed, natural, relaxed etc. Relaxed

Current Regimen: Co-wash a few times a week if hair is not straightened. Otherwise, wash & DC weekly

Current Hair Length: Neck - length
Desired Hair Length: Full Shoulder length

Post your starting Picture!! Peep the sideways pictures *sigh* I wish they would have an editing option available. I'm on my BlackBerry.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141231_184106.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141231_184106.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 61
  • ForumRunner_20141231_184121.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141231_184121.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 65

Bun Mistress

I am decluttering my life this year and I have a ton of vitamins, I will take all of them by June. I'm in the challenge.

KERC1974

What supplements are you taking or planning to start? MSM, Bamboo, Garlic, Biotin. Will consider starting Hair Infinity in February.
Current Hair Status: Telaxed/Relaxed
Current Regimen: wash my hair at least 2-3 days a week (co-wash 2x/week), shampoo w/ moisturizing shampoo (2x/week) and clarify 2-3x/month. Pre-poo 1x/week with an oil blend of ceramides and essential oils or conditioner. Henna w/ coconut milk, oil and conditioner 2-3/month, off weeks Aphogee 2 minute protein treatment. Aphogee 2 step protein treatment 1x/6 weeks. Deep condition 1x/week with Heat and sleep in it overnight. Moisturize and seal daily, tea rinse w/ essential oils spritz daily, oil mix w/ essential oils to scalp 2-3/week. GHE 4-5/week. Inversion 1x/month, Wash n Go's, buns, french braids, protective styling 7 days a week. Heat styling 1-2x/month, Relaxer stretch between 12 - 16 weeks. Trim every 6 months.
Current Hair Length: Past brastrap
Desired Hair Length: Waist Length

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2602543645.jpg
    image-2602543645.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 56

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Just realized I didn't post my info so here it is:

Taking Manetabolism and One A Day multi vitamins daily. My hair is natural. My regimen is being tweaked for 2015 but I know it will involve lots of low manipulation and protective styles. My hair is between BSL and MBL and my 2015 goal is WL. I'm about 5ish inches away. Ultimate goal is TBL.

Jace032000

I'm thinking about buying a really good half wig and wigging my hair. The back of my head has been noticeably and unexplainably thinning. I don't know if it's heat damage or if I have a scalp problem but Im not going to let this beat me.

The areas of where I'm experiencing hair thinning itches a lot but the scalp isn't dry. It's especially itchy when my scalp is wet. Any idea what it could be? I'm natural but I do have my hear keratin treated and have for almost two years. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

Jace032000

Welcome to you all! This year is the year of our hair!! Thank you all to have joined and will signup in the near future. Let's keep eachother encouraged and plan on a length check every 3 months or whenever is convenient for you!

I've been taking my hair infinity consistently but do notice almost immediate hair shedding if I skip a few days. Anyone else experience this?