Hair Vitamins..any skin reactions?

Zuppy

Has anyone here every had bad skin reaction after taking hair vitamins? I've only taken Ultra Nourishhair once, and I got hive.. the thing is I'm not sure if it's the vitamins or something else.. Please share your experiences with reactions to hair Vits.

tinkat

Yep, my face is breaking out more and i have been taking vitamins for about a month now, but my hair and nails are growing. I am drinking alot of water too so i don't know why my face is breaking out so much. But i just ran out of Hair Nutrients (i was taking 1000 mg a day) by Solaray so i won't buy anymore of that. I am still taking 300 mcg of biotin, and 1500 mg of Alalfa. If i still have problems i will decrease my intake of alalfa.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Hi, :wave:

I took GNC Ultra Nourishair and GNC Hair, Skin & Nails for 3 months without any skin breakouts.

However, I no longer take them, I take biotin, MSM, Flaxseed oil, and a Muliti-Vitamin. The Biotin took the longest for my body to adjust too. For the first 2 days, after I would take the Biotin with food, I would get really light headed. Then that went away a week later, then later on I started having acne!! I'm now a month on these pills and my skin is fine.

I later found out that that dosage was too high and I should've started out low (like 1,000mcg). I also wasn't drinking enough water either. :rolleyes: And it also took time for my body to adjust to the changes. :)

chellee

I get hives when I am stressed and/or don't get enough sleep. I get reactions with or without vitamins when I don't drink enough water. :ohwell:

confused_one

Does you ultra nourish contain biotin? It might be the strength of biotin in it, when i took the GNC's hair skin and nail vitamin which contained 2500mcg of biotin i broke out in hive, i now take something with less. So be careful you may be allergic to biotin.

ThickHair

I tried the Ultra Hair Nourish years ago and broke out like nobody's business. When I tried them again, I took only 1 pill per day and didn't break out. The recommended dosage was 2 pills.

Zuppy

Thanks for all the fast feedback ladies! The GNC Nourishair has 1200 mcg of Biotin (not mg) What is mcg? would mcg be less than mg?

chellee

Zuppy said:
Thanks for all the fast feedback ladies! The GNC Nourishair has 1200 mcg of Biotin (not mg) What is mcg? would mcg be less than mg?

mcg = micrograms
1000 mcg = 1 mg
1200 mcg = 12 mg

Healthb4Length

taking straight up biotin causes me to get rash and itches all over. I can take vitamins with biotin in it but not just plain biotin. MSM makes me get my menstral cycle ever two weeks...I had to stop taking it asap:eek: ! Vitamins that have been working for me are Andrew Lessman's Hair/Skin/Nails.

hopeful

I took MSM capsules and Silica for a hot second and my face broke out horribly, worse than ever. Not sure if it was the MSM, the Silica, or the combination.

lowkeyhomie

hopeful said:
I took MSM capsules and Silica for a hot second and my face broke out horribly, worse than ever. Not sure if it was the MSM, the Silica, or the combination.

Same thing happened to me last summer.
I can't even take a multi-vitamin without breaking out. :(