Haircut Survey

H

HoneyRockette

I am thinking of cutting my hair very short and I want to know:

<ul type="square">
[*]If anyone here has ever gotten a big chop (more than 4 inches) for any reason?
[*]How did you feel about it afterwards? Did you have any major regrets?
[*]Did you like the cut? What would you say were the pros of getting your hair cut?
[*]Did you feel it was a good decision? Do you feel your hair is better now? Do you feel your hair would have been much worse off had you not cut it?
[*]What was the general response of your family, friends, coworkers (and strangers) regarding the cut?
[*]If you could do it again would you?
[/list]

My mind is not completely made yet. I just need a little more feedback. Thanks to Moni for answering this question already. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I went from below shoulders to above my ears approx 6 years ago. At the time I had a dry curly perm which I had coloured the ends of. After that my hair just got drier and drier so it started to look like crap. Plus I WANTED a change. I just had never had short hair before and wanted to have it done but I only wanted to see a top stylist.

So I found one in London (where I lived at the time). He does many celebs and TV appearances so I went with him. I paid an arm and a leg and did a 'gulp' when he made that initial snip dropping several inches to the floor. However, he kept a really longish front, like a long bang at eye level with short to medium layers all over cut with a razor. It was gorgeous. The sides were 'just' long enough to tuck behind my ear. I was actually really happy because before my hair looked very dry and just 'there' before. Like a limp over processed curtain. The style brought out my eyes and made clothes seem more stylish since I had the cut already to match. No more wearing hair in a ponytail every day like I was doing. The stylist blew out the hair straight so it looked soooo sleek. Everyone loved it and I looked older but not in negative way. Just better. I got alot more attention from the opposite sex than the way my hair was before with that limp dry overprocessed curtain.

If I wanted to go short again, I'd want him to do it or someone of his calibre. It cost a FORTUNE (approx equiv. $200) but to me it was worth it. I didn't want to see any of his senior stylists. It had to be him.

However my hair was still a dry perm which meant I normally wore the style curly which didn't look half as nice. To me, I looked like a chopped poodle and being I couldn't take blow outs all the time to maintain the sexy straight look, I decided to grow back my hair long again. If my hair was relaxed back then, I probably would have maintained that cut for a long time.

The worst part of growing it out was the 'inbetween' stage, past the ear and not on the shoulder, in no real shape because your growing it out and I hated that. I ended up doing a couple of weaves to help jump start my hair growth and it really helped alot. I was sooo suprised at the amount of regrowth those weaves did. (My own hair was canerowed underneath). After the weaves, I had a cut to remove the curly perm and relaxed the hair. So I then had to deal with a short bob, then a medium then a long bob for what seemed like years /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Would I do it again? Not right now. My goal is going the oposite direction (bra strap length). But if I did, I'd definitely see a well known hairstylist that you KNOW you can trust like the guy I saw. Insist on the very best since if your going for the big chop, I'd want it to be as slamming as possible to cope with the shock of losing all that length /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Dandy112

Hey HoneyRockette,

I got a big chop in March 2002, it was gradual for me though because I wanted something short but I didnt want to go short right away, during the summer of 2001 I had a bob that reached to about the nape of my neck then in March 2002 I cut it really short, I had the back cut and I couldn't curl it at all, it was practically shaved, the sides were also short I could only use the teeny weeny curling iron to curl it, I had a little bang that was probably just over my eyebrow, I am probably doing a bad job of explaining it but it was a cute cut for me. I loved it when my stylist did it but when I got home and tried to do it on my own the next day it was over! It looked so bad because I didnt know what to do with my hair. My stylist at the time always tried to teach me but I think I was just lazy because I knew I would be getting my hair done every week and she would do it for me.

After I cut my hair I was happy becuase it was something that I wanted at the time, something different, all I would do with my hair before was roller set and a dry wrap or a french roll, and on a lazy day stuck a headband on my head.

The pros for me were it was something different and exciting to me because I was talking about cutting my hair short for the longest time.

My hair was healthy before I cut it because I had a GREAT stylist that believed in healthy hair but then I moved and I had to take care of my hair on my own. So currently the goal is to grow out the cut and learn how to take care of my hair on my own.

My family, friends and coworkers liked the cut on me, it made me look a lot younger though which I thought was the only bad part about getting the cut because I already look twelve.. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I would not cut my hair short again because I hate the in between stage which is what I am going through now. To me having short hair was more work. I couldnt just unwrap and go I had to curl every other day and I didnt like that to much, I even started missing my roller sets!!

I hope I was able to help /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dionne

I have always had my hair cut short and there have been many times were I would take the shears myself and hack it off. I love short hair. It was easier for me to style and to take care of. I could wash and go without having to do all of the stuff to my hair that I do now. My parents and friends all thought it was really cute and sassy which fits me perfectly. Many have told me that I look better with short hair and to cut it off. The shortest my hair has ever been was about two inches all over. If I could do it agian I would. The only thing holding me back from shaving my head is y'all.

MissM

I have had long hair most of my life, but I got that itch to change my junior year of high school. The fact that my mother forbidded me cutting my hair only made me want to do it more. Well after I got it cut I hated it, although I would never admit it to anyone. I had never had short hair before and had no idea how to even style my hair. It was agony growing it out.

The other ladies were right about that awkward growing out stage. I think you are feeling a little blah about your hair right now, like the rest of us. My hair now is cut in layers (that I never asked for) and I was tempted last Friday to have it all cut one length. Whenever I see pics of hair like Nay's I so want one length!!! But I'm just going to live with it cause I know once it's cut I can't take it back. I'm just going to have to have is shaped gradually, and who knows I may even like the layers grown out some more.

I think you should get a weave for a while? Wear it for a good while like til it gets warmer out and then if you still want to cut it then go ahead and do it. But I don't think that you will want to cut it after you see how much your own hair will have grown. Why start over now?

Just really think about this before you do it. You might regret it. And if you do get that weave pay good money for it so that you enjoy having it and that it gets done right. Good luck in your decision.

NAY007

hey girl,

i did get my hair chopped of in 96 for no major reason. back then i really like t boz haircut and i wanted it soo bad. back then my hair was pretty long and yes i did go to the hair dresser and she cut it all off. it was very short and did not look like t boz hair cut at all.
i hated it. i regretted it. i would never do it again. never!!!!!!!!
my bf liked it but i really really regretted it. just cause i wanted a change (and i always want some kind of change when it comes to my hair) i decided to get it cut.
i think everybody thought it was cute or at least ok, but i really hated it. i don't even want to think about how stupid i was, cause i always think about how long my hair could be by now .......

Integrity

man, this question brings back memories!!!
back in summer 2000, i was in NY for a holiday after working and took out my braids which had been in for 3 months straight with no care at all (didnt know then how to care for my hair). when i took the braids out EACH strand was a tangled,DRY mess!!! i could not believe it. my only option was to cut-no SHAVE ALL my hair off to about half an inch! i also got the hair dresser to texturize it and it didnt take at all!

If anyone here has ever gotten a big chop (more than 4 inches) for any reason?

I DID IT TO START ALL OVER AGAIN COS THE TANGLES WERE REALLY RESISTANT: THERE WAS NO WAY OUT

How did you feel about it afterwards? Did you have any major regrets?

I FELT FREE AS A BIRD!! NO REGRETS BUt I LOOKED MASCULINE AND WAS QUITE SAD THE TEXTURIZER DID NOT TAKE SO MY 4B HAIR LOOKED WEIRD TO SAY THE LEAST. I KNEW THE SHORT SHORT CUT DID NOT SUIT ME AT ALL

Did you like the cut? What would you say were the pros of getting your hair cut?

I LIKED THE CUT. THE PROS? MY UGLY HAIR THAT HAD BEEN NEGLECTED AND NEVER SEEN A DEEP CONDITION WAS GONE 4EVER!

Did you feel it was a good decision? Do you feel your hair is better now? Do you feel your hair would have been much worse off had you not cut it?

THE BEST DESISION I EVER MADE! MY HAIR IS BETTER NOW IT IS AS IF NEW HAIR THAT BEHAVES ITSELF GREW IN. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THAT. MY NEW GROWTH USED TO BE UNCOMBABLE BUT NOT AFTER THAT SHAVE!

What was the general response of your family, friends, coworkers (and strangers) regarding the cut?

SOME PEOPLE LIKED IT OTHERS DID NOT. FAMILY GAVE ME A VERY VERY HARD TIME ABOUT IT WHEN I GO BACK, with hutful remarks. FRIENDS KEPT DEMANDING WHY I HAD CUT IT. uh, cus its MY hair?? /images/graemlins/mad.gifIT WAS A PRETTY HARD TIME FOR ME IN THOSE DAYS. AS MY NEW HAIR GREW IN NICELY THEY BEGAN TO REALISE I DID THE RIGHT THING. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you could do it again would you?
I AM STILL AMAZED I HAD THE GUTS TO DO WHAT I DID!! NOT SURE IF I COULD DO IT AGAIN. NOW I DONT THINK I WILL EVER GET INTO THAT MESS SINCE I KNOW HOW TO CARE FOR MY HAIR BUT IF I DID I WILL SIMPLY CUT AWAY MORE GRADUALLY AND DEEP CONDITION AND WEAVE ON TO GET BACK TO HEALTH.

sweetcocoa

I had long hair all my life. Back in 1993 I chopped off 10 inches of hair(Halle's old cut like in Boomerang). I loved it at first, but then it kind expensive and time consuming keeping the back clipped evenly..plus my hair grows really fast(so it got to be a biweekly thing). Then I started exercising and since I was unable to pull it back...my hair would be all over my head and a big frizzy mess. I wanted to pull it back in a ponytail, so when I decided to grow it out I had a hard problem getting past the ears. So now when I get the urge to cut I stop at chin length.

nita4

I have had my hair cut very short - because of bad relaxers, etc. They were tapered cuts in the back on on the sides with little on top, or a twa.

I didn't like it at first because I "HAD" to get it done because my hair looked like crap.

The cuts were cute after I got use to them. To me there is no pro, short hair takes more maintenance.

It was a good decision because I looked really bad, but I had no knowledge at the time on hair care.

The general response was..."why did she cut her hair?" But that was from co-workers (they don't know nothing). Family didn't care at all.

No.

Honeyrockette, I really don't think you want to cut your hair. I think that you are discouraged and looking for answers and rightly so. Last summer I jacked my hair up big time. I pinned it up and conditioned, conditioned, and conditioned and left it pinned up. I did do gradual trims. Was I happy about doing that for three months? No. Am I happy now that it has grown back and I have the knowledge to take care of it? Yes. It's still pinned up, but you know what? This spring, I'm gonna let it down and rock me some hair. Please have patience and don't do something you are not comfortable with .

Madison

On december 4 i clipped off my locs they were just about shoulder length. when i first did it i was filled with all types of mixed feelings but i dont regret cutting my hair in the least.
my hair is not cut in any paticular style. right now i am wearing my wigs and i'm planning to get my hair braided sometime this summer.

i think that right now my hair is in the best condition that it has EVER been in. im able to do things that i 've learn from so many of you ladies .

my family well, my "husband" called me ugly. my children told me that they like me with my wig on. other family members and friends who ridiculed me for locing my hair in the beginning are now asking why did i cut my hair /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. co workers -- some miss my locs and others think that my wig is really my hair and are asking how did i take the locs out /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

i miss my locs and will loc again but right now i am enjoying my hair and want to see exactly how long &amp;fast my hair can grow now that i have learned so much about OUR hair from this site.

Lindy

Years ago, I pretty much HAD to get a major haircut, due to a lot of breakage I was experiencing from using permanent color and blow dryers weekly. I went from shoulder length to chin length.

I got it cut in a cute bob with the back tapered and shaved at the very back. It did take a little while to get used to it, because this was the shortest my hair had EVER been, my whole life, but everyone said it was really cute and that my hair would grow back nice and healthy.

Well, it took a long time to grow back and there was definitely an awkward stage. Also, it's harder to take care of your hair when it's shorter, no doubt. You can no longer just wake up and throw your hair into a ponytail or french roll (which I missed TREMENDOUSLY). I also had to use heat on it every day (the curling iron became my best friend). Whereas with my hair long, I almost never use it.

I would say to avoid cutting your hair, unless you're prepared to dedicate A LOT of time to styling it every day. Sometimes it IS nice to change your look, but sometimes you end up regretting it!!

picturetrail

JerseyGirl

I had a short haircut in 1994. I went to a wedding and put my hair in a lot of curls (using a curling iron and stiff stuff hairspray) that night when I got and starting to comb my hair, 4 curls came out. What I mean by came out is - 4 inches of hair on the floor on each curl. My hair was a mess and damaged. So I got it cut and the cut was the Halle Berry.

My hair was beautiful but too short. Yes, I love the style but hated the maintenance. Curling irons, flat irons, hairspray, gel. I was a slave to these products. 25 minutes a day to style my hair. The stylist I had (in Queens - JcPenny’s) was good and love to cut. So after a one and half years of this style, I decided to let it grow. The in between stages were awful. I went from looking cute with the Halle Berry style to looking like a fool with that mushroom hair style. It took time and patience to grow out this look. It grew into bra strap length after 3 years.

I had that length for awhile but after moving to New Jersey and working the graveyard shift (1:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m) and taking 2 hours to get home, my hair started to break off. To busy with my new house and had no time for my hair.

HoneyRockette - Is your lifestyle going to permit you the time that is necessary to take care of short hair? That was the question I had to ask myself after my braiding situation. 12 hour work schedule and 2 children. To maintain short hair it takes up to much time. Long hair, if you in a rush just pull it into a ponytail. You really need to think about this. Did you try any wigs? The Monica style is too short and remember she has a team of stylist that comes in and do her hair. A short cut means one style until it grows out.

Trust me on the wig idea. What you think is damaged is just weak. You need to wash and DEEP CONDITIONER your hair every 3 days. Put some mositurzer on it every night. Braid it up in small plaits and wear that wig. Do you know how many women are working around with a wig on and you don’t know that they have one on? PLEASE don’t cut your hair. Give the wig idea a chance.

NayNay

HoneyRockette,
Back years ago I had a bad relaxer (she didn't rinse it out) and of course it broke off my hair. My hair was very long and full and I was in high school and didn't want to cut it. I cut it and in about 1.5 years it was back to the same length and VERY HEALTHY! This was when BIG HAIR was in and I had layers cut in it and wore rollers all the time.
Several years later I got it cut real short (Halle Berry) shaved in the back and barely long enough to roll. I loved it I looked mature and SEXY my boyfriend at the time actually BEGGED me NEVER to grow my hair back. Maintenance was low.I worked out no problem, I curled it no problem it was very healthy because it was so short...the constant cutting. I colored it no problem. I had bad habits so I rarely washed it but hey no problem! I purchsed small rollers, and a small curling iron, and hardly did anything to the hair except I relax every 6 weeks. The upkeep to me is minimal-just to have to keep getting it cut was the pain. My hair grows at a rate that I had to get it cut every 10 days. If I waited longer it grew out of the style. To cut costs I went to a barber/stylist (he did women's hair also) and for between $10-$15 I maintained the shape. About 4 years later I went back to school and couldn't afford the short hair upkeep I grew it out. It took again about 1.5 years but talk about unhealthy hair habits. Within 1 year it was past my jawline and I wore it in a boring straight bob. I have to agree I hated the process. The most difficult times were when my hair grew past my ears....I looked like Dorothy Hamlin. My hair is thick and sometimes on its own my hair flipped up UGGHHH...I didnt look in the mirror and I kept getting it trimmed shorter until my hair dresser told me at this rate your hair will never grow back!
Now you have more styling options. You could slick it back, buy a phony pony,try a twist out..options are unlimited. If you want healthy healthy hair that is the way to go..starting over is not bad and GOD willing it will grow back much healthier than before!
I agree with BRH FIND an excellent person who will give you a GREAT cut for your face and something that you can maintain! Paying for it may be a bummer, but short hair is not necessarily bad. My old boyfriend loved it and even said I will pay for the upkeep PLEASE don't grow it back. LOL!
Growing it back will be not be that much of a pain. Like I said within 1 year my hair was almost to my jawline and my hair was shaved in the back-not just the bottom my entire head and at some places I had a maximum of 1.5 inches of hair if that much. The longest hair was probably about 3 inches on my head at the time. Now you know how to grow healthy hair it will be a breeze and you should only be in a real awkward stage for about 2-5 months depending on how fast your hair grows.
Good luck with your decision!

hairfanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did when I could no longer relax and couldn't deal with the two textures. I ended up with about an inch maybe an inch and a half of hair. It was "see through scalp" short.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt totally liberated! I had know regrets and became creative with my makeup and focused more on who I was as a person. Hairfanatic was not described by the hair on her head but the substance in her heart and mind. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did you like the cut? What would you say were the pros of getting your hair cut?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally liked my cut and the pros of getting it cut was that it was so much easier to manage.

Did you feel it was a good decision? Do you feel your hair is better now? Do you feel your hair would have been much worse off had you not cut it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the best decision I ever made in my life. My hair is so much stronger now. If I had not cut my hair I would have pulled it out anyway due to the two textures and looking like a chicken head would have made me feel worse.

What was the general response of your family, friends, coworkers (and strangers) regarding the cut?

[/ QUOTE ]

My husband was angry and just shook his head. My children asked why I cut it and my friends say that I could easily sport the look because I had a pretty face and my hair grows back quickly.

[/ QUOTE ] Do it again? Girl, that's all I do is cut. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

H

HoneyRockette

Some people say shorter hair takes less maintenance and some people say it takes more. I guess it depends on the style and the style I want does look high maintenance now that I think about it.

To busy with my new house and had no time for my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my problem. I'm too busy. I can't just leave my hair pinned up for a year and get longer healthier hair. My hair requires too much attention. It will still be thin and dry and frizzy. I just don't have time to sit under a dryer for 30 minutes. I don't have time to roller set my hair, or learn for that matter. I don't have time to go to the salon every week or every other week. I don't have time to comb through each strand every night. I don't even have time to wash it more than once a week anymore. I barely have time to take a couple vitamins in the morning. When I get home after work I throw the kids in the bed and I pass out on my own bed. Ironically enough I have nothing but time at work most days, (as you can see because I have been sitting at this computer for over an hour posting at this forum and playing online spades) but I can't do much hair maintenance at work and I can't wear my thin, stringy ponytail forever.

The wig idea scares me. My friends, family and coworkers are not stupid. My hair is thin, limp, stringy and dull. If I show up with a thick lush head full of hair everybody is going to know. Even if they can't tell right away, everyone is going to stick their hands in it thinking it is not my real hair anyway. I have an ignorant and annoying family and group of friends. I will be known as such and such's bald headed cousin/friend who wears the wig. What if it slides off? What if the wind blows it off? I would be mortified! I would be beyond mortifed! It may never happen but the idea that it could scares me.

I am not knocking your idea. To be honest with you Jersey, as long as I have been here, not just this time, you have actually helped me more than anyone else here. I just don't think a wig would work out for me. Maybe I will give it a shot for a party or a show or something but I don't have the guts to do it everyday.

JerseyGirl

Its hard being a woman, single mother with two kids. But right now, you have the Why Me Blues. This weekend, go and try on some wigs (short ones, long ones) and take your kids there your worst critics. Do you know how many people I know that will come right out and tell you they have a wig on or better yet a weave. There is no shame. You are surrounded by a bunch of negative people but you are letting their negativity make up your mind about cutting your hair. I recall when my sister-in-law looked me straight in the eye and said “You will never get a house”. Well, I got one. While she still lives in a roach infested apartment. She even calls me Caramela from the Sopranos. I clean too much. That’s not an insult its a compliment. When all of my hair started to come (because of my work schedule) she said “Looks like your hair is breaking. You’ll never have the length you had before” with a devilish smile. Well, wasn’t she surprised to see me this weekend with my hair out and starting to grow back. She looked at me and didn’t say one word. I don’t think your family and friends are ignorant. They are jealous and negative people that what to hold you back from anything you want out of life.

But you have found positivity through this board. We got your back Girl. Whatever decision you make, we will be right by your side.

NayNay

HoneyRockette
I hear you girl! Life is busy BUT we as women sacrifice EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY-(your kids that is understandable). But I believe that EVERYBODY should take a little time for him or herself. I mean why should you sacrifice washing your hair or caring for it if it makes you happy? Who else except women do that? Start developing some time for YOURSELF. If that means tellin the kids to play with each other and leave you alone so be it! My parents were divorced when I grew up and guess what that meant that the kids (meaning me)took on more responsibility. By the time I was 11 I was cooking, washing all the clothes, and cleaning up the house (OK I was an indentured SLAVE) smile, but you can expect/demand the kids to help NO MATTER what age (ie I have seen a 2 year old wipe up a spill after himself-must be taught). I see young parents that don't even make the kids take their dishes off the table and I think that is crazy. With household chores kids can learn responsibility. Girl I praise GOD for all the financial, educational, and life success I have. I think a lot of that is attributed to the responsibility and actions I had to take on at a younger age. No I didnt miss my childhood, no I didnt miss time going outside to play, I KNEW what I had to do and when I had to have it completed by and I did it. A point to add my mother at one point drove herself batty by worrying and trying to be EVERYTHING to everybody. When she stopped doing that she was a different person.
Call me selfish but I AINT a superwoman and I am only human. I have been in situations where I have overextended myself for everyone else but me, but no more. Girl you have to BREATHE and take time for yourself no matter what.
Maybe this is just a period where there is a lot going on and eventually the the extra stress will stop.
Honeyrockette no matter what hairstyle (extensions will help you) you have you will have to wash your hair and deal with it. Perhaps you can do braid outs or twists out.
Don't sacrifice your health and sanity reach out and ask for help first. Oprah just had a show on talking about this very subject.A woman with young kids said she finally realized it that she didn't have to be perfect she didnt have to do everything and regained her sanity. Now she wakes up at 5:00am to work out (ouch early) but that is her alone time...everyone needs it. As far as jealous friends and family go. Girl a long time ago I realized that the only human being I was responsible for making happy was myself. Not my parents, not my man...just me. GOD is your only judge and jury and your only concern.
Remember the motto U ain't nobody's superwoman!

PracticallyMe

High Powered Lurker
I got 4 inches or more cut off my hair four times. The first time I was past shoulder length and wanted to try a short cut. I wasn't brave enough to go from past shoulder length to Halle Berry, so I went to a chin length bob. Then a few months later I went from the chin length bob to the Halle cut. I loved it. So that was two times in the same year. Then another time several years later after I grew my hair out to below shoulder length and had been going to a stylist on a weekly basis, I discovered that my hair was thin and overprocessed. So, I cut my hair off again. I think it was a bob or shorter. I can't remember. Those three times I was fine with the cut. It was something I wanted and had prepared myself for. The last time I cut my hair was in Feb. 2000 to go natural. I was at shoulder length from growing out my hair from the previous cut. I only cut my hair to get the relaxed ends off, but I was not in the mood for a short style. It was done more on a whim. I should have transitioned. Anyway, that time was very irritating because I didn't really want a short style. I just did it on a whim.

Most of the time I got favorable responses with the short cuts. I look good with short hair as well as with long hair. I liked my cuts the first three times, but if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have cut my hair the last time. I think you have to be in the mood for short hair or just really prepare yourself for it. Otherwise, you have regrets.

skegeesmb

Me, me, me!

I got a big chop (over 19") gradually in stages. I did it because I wanted to cut the relaxer out of my hair. I cut it from just above brastrap to shoulderlength. I then cut it from shoulderlength to chinlength, and then I got the Halle Berry cut.

I like my hair short for 2 months. I just missed my long hair, but I don't really have any regrets. I'm just very impatient, and growing my hair back to it's original length seems like an eternity to me.

I loved the cut. It would take me 15 minutes to do my hair if I was curling it. But when I wore it natural, all I did was wash, add a little gel and go. My hair would dry really quickly, and I wore my hair like Jada Pinkett a lot.

My hair is definately better now! It feels really good, and I love to touch it. I think that if I didn't cut my hair and transitioned, my hair would have been in bad shape. I would have had long hair, but it would have been breaking off badly.

Everybody loved it. My students told me "your hair looks really good", my mom loved it, she said now we look like twins. My boyfriend...well I don't know, he seemed to have liked it, but friends told me he was kinda pissed because he liked my hair long, but when I bought a wig, he almost had a fit when I put it on. So I wasted money for that.

I probably would. I just don't think I could have transitioned for a very long time. I would still be where I am today (impatient for my hair to grow) but I think I would do it again. The only bad thing with my hair now is the length. I've been cutting the back of my hair so the top of my hair can catch up, and it's the pits because I can't put my hair into a good ponytail yet. I can gather up most of my hair, but the hair right above my ears still have two inches before it reaches chin length when I can put all my hair into a ponytail without using hair clips.