HairEsthetics Kinky Straight...

NaniDiamond

Here's mouthful:

I just purchased the Cuticle version of the Kinky Straight by HairEsthetics and I am in love...I made an earlier post w/pic after installing a few tracks/wefts of the regular Kinky Straight as I was very pleased at how well it matched the texture of my hair...but after a few washes, it did tangle...

I decided to try the "cuticle" kinky straight...ordered the same exact length (10") and same texture and am STILL pleased...I am still in love with this hair and so far, after several washes and an attempted color/dye, NO TANGLES! this cuticle hair makes all the difference and I DID NOT have to seal my wefts as they are STRONG !!! (the only shedding so far was on the ends where I cut the tracks)....

First, I washed, conditioned, oiled my hair, then I corn-rowed/braided ALL of it (except at the crown) and clipped the hair onto my braids (since I am using the weave to continue growing my natural hair out)....

Then, I measured the tracks and sewed the clips onto each end and for the longer pieces, I added a clip in the middle of the weft....whole head took about an hour to braid & create clips...(I used to weave professionally for years, which may have been why it was such a short period of time to finish) ...

HOWEVER :wallbash: the cons are that it DOES NOT dye no matter if you bleach, develop, etc (due to the chemical processing used to create the "kinky" texture)....and it's too expensive to get a 3rd order of this hair in a lighter tone just for highlights... so what I did was, use some of my Halley's "creole curl" that I DID dye very well; then I straightened it out and added pieces throughout my hair for the highlights...(gotta be creative and practical right?:yep: ) and the other CON is that my hair has grown so much (been about 1yr of sew in's) that I really can't wear the 10" anymore, I need like a 12"or so for the majority of my head....or either my head has gotten bigger since last year!....lol:grin:

anywhew, I'll post pics tomorrow after work.....hope this info helps you ladies as I think that this hair is very worth the "ends" and is the best CUTICLE KINKY hair I've found (tried the other one from All About My Hair :nono:)....

I take VERY good care of my weave hair and usually can make them last about a year or until I feel I've gotten my money's worth..

ok, i hope this helps those searching for a "kinky straight" texture w/o the tangles (and NO, I don't work work the company...I appreciate the exchange of product reviews)

p.s.
not a fan of posting my pic on the web, BUT I may post a pic of the installation tomorrow

Last edited:

PPGbubbles

:needpics:

finally got to use this! yessss!

but seriously OP! give up the goods....Im looking for a good KS weave