Handling Change

Zeal

As I read this article this morning in In Touch Magazine....all I could do was SMH.

I had to share it.
Handling Change

When God Alters Your Plans

Read Proverbs 16:1-3
None of us like having our plans changed by others, especially if the alteration is not what we want. But how should we react when the Lord directs our lives down a path we didn’t anticipate?
Knowing God’s character and purposes helps us trust His wisdom—even when we don’t understand or like what He’s doing. Our response is extremely important. While we can’t thwart His work by refusing to cooperate, any stubborn resistance or negative attitude will hinder our own fruitfulness, usefulness, and spiritual growth.
Explore
Who is the Lord?
  • Psalm 135:5-6. God is sovereign, and He does whatever He pleases in heaven and on earth.
  • Isaiah 46:9-10. He knows the future and will accomplish His good pleasure.
  • Exodus 34:6. The Lord is gracious, compassionate, and patient.
  • Romans 8:31. God is for us—not against us.
What are His purposes?
  • Isaiah 25:1. The Lord’s plans were formed long ago in perfect faithfulness.
  • Psalm 33:10-11. He may nullify human strategies, but His own purposes will be accomplished.
  • Jeremiah 29:11. God’s plans give hope and are for our welfare—not calamity.
  • 1 Peter 1:6-7. He alone knows when trials are necessary to produce faith in us.
  • 2 Corinthians 4:16-17. When He allows suffering, His goal for us is “an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison.”
How should we handle change?
  • James 4:13-16. Hold your plans loosely and leave room for God to adjust them.
  • Proverbs 16:1-3. Commit to the Lord everything you do.
  • Acts 16:6-11. When God closes a door of opportunity, remain watchful for another to open somewhere else.
  • 2 Corinthians 4:18. Always keep an eternal perspective.
Reflect
  1. What is your first response to an unforeseen change of plans? Does the thought of God’s sovereignty over your circumstances scare or comfort you? Why?
  2. Have unexpected situations, whether difficult or painful, caused you to distrust the Lord and His plans for your life? How could focusing on His character and good purposes restore your trust?

LiftedUp

This is my life right now. My faith and trust in God and honestly been my comforting factor during these changes and I'm on the brink of reaping the fruits of it... Actually I've started and it's just getting better it's like a book unfolding page by page. Faith and trust in Jesus were really the cornerstones in getting me through.