Happy Resurrection Day

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i found it wierd that every one went out of the way not to say Easter today and when somebody said Easter people got really quiet.

-was that just at my church

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Happy Resurrection Day!!!

There were people that said happy easter day and happy resurrection day at my church. i think saying happy resurrection day has more meaning than happy easter day, given that easter originated as a pagan holiday.

pebbles

msportugal said:
i found it wierd that every one went out of the way not to say Easter today and when somebody said Easter people got really quiet.

LOL! We don't say happy easter at my church either. Easter seems to be about chocolate rabbits and chocolate bunnies and easter egg hunts. It's more secular and seems to have nothing to do with the real celebration of the day which is the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus. :)

BLESSED1

pebbles said:
LOL! We don't say happy easter at my church either. Easter seems to be about chocolate rabbits and chocolate bunnies and easter egg hunts. It's more secular and seems to have nothing to do with the real celebration of the day which is the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus. :)

same at my church, our pastor even made a statement about the commercialization of easter during our R.D. sermon yesterday.

MeccaMedinah

msportugal said:

Happy belated Day of Resurrection!
It was not just your church. I don't buy my children candy or baskets on Easter & I make it very plain that there is no Easter bunny. When I said happy Easter to this woman at church she looked at me kinda weird and then said Happy Easter.
I realized right after I said that to her that she may think that I don't know any better, but I only said "Happy Easter" because it rolls off of the tongue better. :)