Happy with my hair...

MummysGirl

Hmmm... am I allowed to love my hair this much? I'm just content with it at the moment. :yep:

Stats: Transitioning to Natural, currently a little over 19 weeks post relaxer. I want to transition for at least a year. I was past APL last year until a major 4+ inch trim/cut that was much needed in December. I am a little longer than SL now.
I don't use growth aids, hardly use heat (I work out at least 5 days a week, no point... plus I am ok without heat as a styling agent, I airdry my rollersets...), more info in my fotki (see siggy)

Also loving:
1. Cowashing (thanks Eisani for the cowashing challenge, I won't have tried cowashing again, after unsuccessful attempt a year and a half ago, if it hadn't been for the cowashing challenge thread): http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=349489)
2. Transitioners support thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=312457&highlight=
3. LHCF/Fotki

I know I am not even halfway into my transition, but I'm just grateful for this board!

Pic 1: New Growth
Pic 2: New Growth
Pics 3/4: Hair, at night, after a day of wearing a braidout (I used Lustrasilk shea butter cholestrol for the first time, on each section before braiding)

Attachments

• lonecoil.jpg
    lonecoil.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 31
  • hairline.jpg
    hairline.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 37
  • braidout4.jpg
    braidout4.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 56
  • braidout1.jpg
    braidout1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

LushLox

It's good that you're content, your hair looks very soft! :yep:

I don't do the co-washing all that much, maybe I should step on that, particularly during the warmer months...

MsChelle

You have GORGEOUS hair!!! It looks really soft. I love your texture. Wish mine would do that.

nikki2229

I'm glad that your transition is going smoothly. Mine is going well also. I love the 2 pics with your braid out pinned up.

MummysGirl

Thank you :) It did feel so soft yesterday when I used Lustrasilk for my braidout.
Yeah, try cowashing a little more, I love it!
It's good that you're content, your hair looks very soft! :yep:

I don't do the co-washing all that much, maybe I should step on that, particularly during the warmer months...

Thank you sooo much :)
LOL, I'm sure if I see your new growth, I'd say something similar!
You have GORGEOUS hair!!! It looks really soft. I love your texture. Wish mine would do that.

Thank you, ooh I see you're about a month and a half ahead of me... I hope it continues to go this way :)
Thanks, I love braidouts, love them!
I'm glad that your transition is going smoothly. Mine is going well also. I love the 2 pics with your braid out pinned up.

Last edited:

Eisani

Congrats to you! I love the coils in your new growth, and your braid out pics are cute. I'm glad you gave cowashing another chance! The challenge last year definitely turned my stretch into an official transition :grin:

mscocoface

Keep this thread handy because if you get frustrated or ready to give up during your transition this will help you get through it.

I am glad your journey has been a happy one so far. :)

MummysGirl

Lol, thanks :)
I was just thinking the same thing cos I saw someone else's thread about frustrations with transitioning.
I hope I don't go sobbing into the transitioner's support thread a few weeks from now....:lachen:

Keep this thread handy because if you get frustrated or ready to give up during your transition this will help you get through it.

I am glad your journey has been a happy one so far. :)