Hard or Softer Protein?

beans4reezy

Hi Ladies,

I am going to be removing my braids after having them in for about two months. Would you ladies recommend a softer protein tx like Aphogee 2 min Recon or should I go for the hard stuff like Aphogee 2 step? Which is better after a couple of months of braids?

I am by no means an expert but I say that it depends on what is going on with your hair.

For example, are you experiencing breakage? Is your hair too "stretchy"? If so, go with the hard protein.

If you hair is not breaking and you want to just strengthen it a little, use the mild protein.

If it were MY HAIR, I would probably do a Nexxus Emergencee mixed with Keraphix and then moisturize with Nexxus Therapy.

HTH

:yep: I have personally been using...egg.
It works and it's all natural. That way I don't have to worry about it going overboard and drying my hair out. I wear it for about 20 minutes and it turns hard and then I rinse THOROUGHLY and apply moisturizing conditioner and deep condition. It's been working GREAT for me.

I own a protein deep conditioner by Hatachi, but as expensive as it is ($20) the egg does better!

Why don't you wait until you wash your hair to decide. Go based off of how it feels once you shampoo.

I agree and this was what I was going to say. After you shampoo and feel your hair, you should know which one you need. Even then, if you can't tell, you can always do a little of both moisture and protein to be safe. Then the next week you should def be able to tell if you need a hard or soft.

Back