Hardcore Protein Treatments

Iansan

I think I need to add a hardcore protein treatment to my regimen. I use Paul Mitchell's Hair Repair Treatment every other wash, but I still see a few little broken hairs when I comb out my wrap each morning. I've been moisturizing twice a day, sealing it with castor oil or coconut oil, wrapping it up in a silk scarf each night, and still I have some breakage. I've used Aphogee in the past, and while it was okay, I want to try something different. I have my eye on Sebastian Penetraitt, Dudley's DRC and Nexxus Emergencee. Out of the three which do you guys recommend? TIA.

Ashee

buttafly said:
I think I need to add a hardcore protein treatment to my regimen. I use Paul Mitchell's Hair Repair Treatment every other wash, but I still see a few little broken hairs when I comb out my wrap each morning. I've been moisturizing twice a day, sealing it with castor oil or coconut oil, wrapping it up in a silk scarf each night, and still I have some breakage. I've used Aphogee in the past, and while it was okay, I want to try something different. I have my eye on Sebastian Penetraitt, Dudley's DRC and Nexxus Emergencee. Out of the three which do you guys recommend? TIA.
I've only tried Emergencee so I'm a bit biased :look:
But I've also heard very good reviews & recommendations regarding DRC...
-HTH

Iansan

IONENABILLION said:
Have you ever tried Sebastian Potion 9? That's a protein treatment.

I used to use it when my hair was natural. Isn't that a leave in conditioner? I didn't know that counted as a protein treatment. Currently I use Salerm 21 as a leave in.

Healthb4Length

the only one I've tried is the Nexxus Emergence and I think it's good. I've tried the DRC and it's really really good! But expensive, right now emergencee is the only thing that works for me.

Mizani_Mrs

I think that no matter what u use, you will find a few hairs here or there when u comb. as long as u don't find alot, then you can assume what u are using is working. The hardcore treatment that i used to get my hair in shape is Mizani Kerafuse deep cond trtmnt. you can get it from sheldeez.com. i used it for like 5weeks and now i feel like my hair is in good shape. Kerafuse is the treatment that salons use and they can custom-blend it with the mizani hydrafuse depending on how much protein/moisture your hair needs. Both of them work very well.

Iansan

Champagne_Wishes said:
May I ask when was your last trim?

I just got a trim last week with my relaxer. My hair looks healthy, even, and moisturized but it's still breaking at the ends.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
I would recommend the Nexxus Emergencee by far! This stuff is great!I have tried Aphogee and it did nothing to stop by breakage! GRRRR :mad:

MomofThreeBoys

Co-signing. Aphogee didn't do didly squat for my hair. But Emergecee slowed the breakage down.
vikkisecret said:
I would recommend the Nexxus Emergencee by far! This stuff is great!I have tried Aphogee and it did nothing to stop by breakage! GRRRR :mad:

brickhouse

Emergencee all the way. I tried Aphogee but it did nothing for my hair but make it hard even after I thoroughly rinsed and conditioned.

LiqueXX

I like Keracare's Super Reconstructor as a hardcore protein treatment. Emergencee is also very good and less expensive ($13 at Trade Secret). I have never tried Dudleys or Sebastians.

You can also try the trial size of Aphogee for like $2 at your local beauty supply store.