Has any heard of this product called KalaKola hair tonic?

Candy_C

This KalaKola stuff is TINGGGGLYYYY oh my life!

i rubbed it on the back of my hand as i do with most new products..wooooooooooooooooooooooo my scalp is gonna LOVE this! its moisturizing too!

Has anybody got any results from this tonic yet? Am i the only one using this? lol i'm scared!

Last edited:

morehairplease

Candy_C said:
This KalaKola stuff is TINGGGGLYYYY oh my life!

i rubbed it on the back of my hand as i do with most new products..wooooooooooooooooooooooo my scalp is gonna LOVE this! its moisturizing too!

Has anybody got any results from this tonic yet? Am i the only one using this? lol i'm scared!

Candy_C

I am going by the 2 Indian stores near my house this weekend to see if they have this. Do you mind telling me how exactly you plan on using it?

tia
tishee

Candy_C

tishee said:
Candy_C

I am going by the 2 Indian stores near my house this weekend to see if they have this. Do you mind telling me how exactly you plan on using it?

tia
tishee

well i've just this 2nd used it....Amla oil has competition! my hair is so SOFT, combing throught my frizzy regrowth was eassssy. its gone back curly tho, its really defined. i wanted to try it out tonight as i'm washing my hair tomorrow anyway, and if it all went haywire i would be washin it out anyway....its stil ltingling as i write its been like this for 20 mins my head feels like menthol is on it.

i basically used it in place of my Amla oil, i've rubbed it into my scalp as the directions say and combed it out through my hair, its so moisturizing my ends feel really soft. i massaged it real good into my scalp. i've combed my hair right back and now have my bonnet on. My head is heating up...its feels soooooo relaxing, i feel kinda high lol.

I've hardly lost as much hair as i usually do when i have this much re-g.

I didn't put any on my ends just incase of any horrors, but i'm glad i didn't as there was more than enough on my scalp for my whole head...i cant use this every night (even tho it says to) its way too much, i'm gonna use it in place of my Amla for a while (seen as my amla bottle is nr enough done, and doesn't make my hair as soft as Kala). this is great, i cant believe i didn't find this sooner...the sulphur smells real strong, i guess that explains the softness, sulphur has always done that to my hair.

Last edited:

Candy_C

Ok, i was researching the ingredients...sadly the Sugar of lead is very dangerous :eek: :eek: :lachen:

wellllllllllllll looks like i'm throwin this away, it can really mess up your body apparently, they use it in pregressive colourants, which would explain why its darkens the hair. 4get it!!! bin bin bin...i wonder if this could affect my relaxer if i were to carry on using it?

CLARIFYING tomorrow just inase...thats sad that is :mad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_of_lead
http://science.howstuffworks.com/hair-coloring6.htm

What Kind of Hair Color Do Men Use?
Everybody is familiar with progressive hair dyes for men -- products that build up to the desired color upon repeated use. There has been some question about the use of lead acetate (AKA: SUGAR OF LEAD) as the developer in these products. (Some researchers worry about the danger of lead contamination to users and their children through hair and hands.) Professional colorists say they never use products containing leads because heads colored with these dyes can experience scalp burn when a conventional hair dye is used later. They say a special product must be used to remove all lead from the hair before traditional coloring.
On the other hand, manufacturers of Grecian Formula, GreyRemover and other progressive dyes say their products are safe because they contain small amounts of lead acetate (about 0.6 percent) -- amounts so small they can't be absorbed by the body if applied to a healthy scalp. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approves the use of lead acetate in these small concentrations. So, educate yourself. Read the box carefully and if you have a question, call the company and/or a professional colorist. Or, you can do what many men are already doing: switch to women's hair color, which contains no lead acetate and comes in a much wider selection of products.

THIS STUFF CAN CAUSE SCHITZOPHRENIA, I DUNO THE CONCENTRATION OF IT, THATS THE THING. i'm already a bit on the mad side anyway, i'm not ready to got nutty yet! u might think i'm exaggerating, and all prods have bad ingredients, but this just stuck out way too much for me 2 carry on using it.

Last edited:

aileenadq

sugar of lead
n : a poisonous white solid (Pb[CH3CO]2) used in dyeing cotton
and in making enamels and varnishes [syn: lead acetate]

Okay, seriously: DON'T use this stuff!!!

Sorrry, ladies, it's just not worth it.