Moisturizing Conditioner: Salerm Wheat Germ Mask
Leave-in:Lacio Lacio
Oil: Jojoba
Shampoo: Mane and Tail
Conditioner: Biolage Ultra Hydrating

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
BrEE said:
I'm in love with elucence shampoo and kenra conditioner. i am sooo happy with these that i dont even think about trying anything else. now if i could only find the perfect protein treatment.

Ditto on this combo!!!!!!!

MonaLisa

mrslee said:
Moisturizing Conditioner: Salerm Wheat Germ Mask
Leave-in:Lacio Lacio
Oil: Jojoba
Shampoo: Mane and Tail
Conditioner: Biolage Ultra Hydrating

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

manethang

Bumping this 15 month old thread to see who has been faithful and who has been cheating. Please weigh in on whether you're still using the products you called "The One" from last year. If you didn't weigh in last year, tell us what is your "The One"?

For me:
Shampoo: Aveda Damage Remedy (hate that I love this 26.00 stuff)
Conditioner(s): I never see this discussed on LHCF, but KeraCare Moisturizer for Color Treated Hair is DA BOMB. I love "slimy" conditioners and this is the best. Mix it with Humecto, EVOO and honey for a DC and you will slap er'body in the room. I use it even tho my highlights have since grown out.
Protein: Haven't found my soul-mate, but currently giving Kera-Care Super Reconstructor (same ingredients as Emergencee) and Mega-Tek some "date nights" and we could potentially have a future together.
Daily Moisture: UBH Dew. I cheated and cheated on her, but found my way back home because this and oil on my ends are the perfect combo for my moderately fine hair and straight styles. Did not want to like it beause of price and on-line only availability. Oh, well!

OK, cheaters.....let's hear from you. :lol:

baglady215

I'm too much of a PJ to stick to ONE of anything, but I think I found a winner in PM Super Skinny shampoo and conditioner. They do what they say... My thick hair and frizzy ends were so sleek after my rollerset. A definite keeper for whenever I'll wear my hair out.

MizaniMami

manethang said:
Bumping this 15 month old thread to see who has been faithful and who has been cheating. Please weigh in on whether you're still using the products you called "The One" from last year. If you didn't weigh in last year, tell us what is your "The One"?

For me:
Shampoo: Aveda Damage Remedy (hate that I love this 26.00 stuff)
Conditioner(s): I never see this discussed on LHCF, but KeraCare Moisturizer for Color Treated Hair is DA BOMB. I love "slimy" conditioners and this is the best. Mix it with Humecto, EVOO and honey for a DC and you will slap er'body in the room. I use it even tho my highlights have since grown out.
Protein: Haven't found my soul-mate, but currently giving Kera-Care Super Reconstructor (same ingredients as Emergencee) and Mega-Tek some "date nights" and we could potentially have a future together.
Daily Moisture: UBH Dew. I cheated and cheated on her, but found my way back home because this and oil on my ends are the perfect combo for my moderately fine hair and straight styles. Did not want to like it beause of price and on-line only availability. Oh, well!

OK, cheaters.....let's hear from you. :lol:

LOL,

I'm in love with 2 lines! One is wifey material the other I can't let go...

Shampoo: Aveda Damage Remedy, a permanent staple
Conditioner: Aveda DR conditioner or humectress
Reconstructor: Aveda DR
Protein (light) Keraphix, (heavy) Emergencee
Moisturizer- Still haven't found the right one yet
Oil- I am really feeling castor oil+hemp seed oil, but I also love, Carrot oil+Meadowfoam oil, AND Kemi oyl lol

LABETT

I have not cheated on to Dudley DRC-Surge,Elucence-Sta So Fro but I have added the following:
BBD Strech Creme,Butter & Keala Oil
Silicon Mix Conditioner
Lacio Lacio
Keracare Humecto-tub
Nairobi Foam Wrap
MTG

taraglam2

taraglam2 said:
Yes-- Thanks to the LHCF I have found!!!!!

Conditioner -------- KENRA Moisturizing Conditioner
Deep Conditioner --- PAUL MITCHELL Super Charged Moisturizing Conditioner

I will not be without these 2 Conditioners

That was my answer last year and it is sooo funny because Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizing Conditioner is not a staple for me anymore and I don't know the last time I used or purchased KENRA. KENRA is good, it just isn't the love of my life. I can say that I have found THE ONE Shampoo that I love---LANZA Protein Plus, and THE ONE Moisturizer that I love Neutrogena Silk Touch---now if I could just find THE ONE CONDITIONER !

Suri

I am getting better...

Conditioner
1. Mane & Tail
2. Jason's Biotin Conditioner

Leave In
1. Mane & Tail Cond. as a Leave-in
2. NTM Silk Touch/Surge

Protein Con.
Tropical Bano de Crema Milk's Protein

Moisturizing Con.
Elasta QP DRP-11:love: mixed with some oils

Oils
1. Sweet Almond, Avocado, Cassia, Basil & Castor
2. Vatika/Amla

Daily Moisture
1. KeraCare Oil Moisturizer w/Jojoba
2. Surge/MTG

carameldiva

Shampoos: Grandpa's Soaps and liquid castile soap ( i have some by www.thechemistrystore.com, www.drwoodsproducts.com , and trader joe's)
(i still have a few others that i am using up but these are among my faves)

Conditioners: Trader Joe's essential, trader Joe's refresh, trader joe's nourish spa and Saloncare

Deep conditioners: Queen helene cholesterol

Protein:Jherri Rhedding's 100% natural protein conditioner

Things that i love adding to my conditioners: honey, glycerin, liquid aloe vera

oils: castor, coconut, safflower, palm,rosemary,sweet almond , apricot kernel

leave-in/ moisturizer: surge, infusium 23 frizz control leave-in, homemade spritz(water, glycerin, liquid aloe vera, castor oil)

planodiva

I have...I have...I love the way Lenzi's Request has grown my hair. Total believer in the Holy Ghost grease

aileenadq

RushGirl said:
Something that cured my PJism..hopefully that never happens..:lol: but THE ONE conditioner is Elucence MB conditioner.. that is the one conditioner I will never be without again.. When I was relaxed.. the best conditioner was Frédéric Fekkai Protein Rx Conditioner.. but I haven't been able to afford this one in quite a while..not sure if I/my hair would still like it now..but it was AWESOME!!

I'm right there with you! I am relaxed and this is the BEST shampoo & cond for my hair. I also have found the "one" when it comes to my relaxer: Silk Elements in the tub. (It doesn't hurt that I now leave the SE neutralizing shampoo on for 10 minutes or so under a shower cap. I don't remember which lovely lady on here suggested that, but THANK YOU!!) I just relaxed yesterday and for once, after a relaxer, my hair doesn't look thin and lifeless.

LushLox

My inner PJ won't allow me to stick to the same products. In saying that I have a staple set of pre poos, cleansers, DCs, leave ins, moisturisers that just work and I will always have them in my arsenal. However I get bored and I simply like trying new things.

The other problem, which this thread has shown, is when a company decides to discontinue your favourite product. So after you've used up your 3456th bottle the realisation hits that you have to find that perfect product all over again. You may have to go through a few duds until you find it too.

ETA: So, some staples that I have been using for some time now:-

Leave In: SachaJuan but Aveda Nutriplenish is superb also, so expensive though, I only buy it at sale price :ohwell:
Conditioner: Coco & Eve, I love this stuff, but again not cheap

Last edited:

BonBon88

Moisturizing shampoo- Keracare hydrating detangling
Moisturizing deep conditioner- Straight Request Fixative
Protein treatment- Dudley's DRC

Bump! I'm sitting here with a mixture of Straight Request Fixative and Silicon Mix in my hair and it feels like mush (in a good way) it's so soft! Thank you for putting me onto this deep conditioner. I found a keeper for sure.

NaturalEnigma

I found the one a couple of times :look:, but the product would stop working on my hair after a while, so I had to find another "one". I learned that its good to rotate your products but my hair grows faster when I'm consistent and use the same products for a long period of time. So its a catch 22. Thankfully there are so many product lines finding another "one" is not as hard as it used to be. A few products I still use to this day that somehow my hair has not rejected are Aubrey Organics GPB, Aphogee two minute protein conditioner, Shescentit Cococreme leave in, and Curl Ecstasy hair tea deep conditioner.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Wow, what a throwback thread. Been a while since we've seen some of the avi/screen names active here. Same with some of those products.

If this thread shows nothing else, it shows these brands aren't loyal AT ALL and it's probably better to lock down a routine and maybe some key ingredients because your fave can be discontinued quick.

The only product I've been consistently using forever is Aphogee 2 Minute treatment(not to be confused with the new 2 step treatment) and Now Brand oils.

Tefnut

Fixative is one of my go-tos, though I haven't used it in over a year. I've been using it for years but wonder if it's more protein leaning than the After Calcium? I have Silicon Mix but never used it on my hair. What prompted you to mix the two together and what was the result afterword?
Bump! I'm sitting here with a mixture of Straight Request Fixative and Silicon Mix in my hair and it feels like mush (in a good way) it's so soft! Thank you for putting me onto this deep conditioner. I found a keeper for sure.

cocopuff

The only thing I can really say that I have used faithfully is fenugreek; I use the seeds and the powder to make hair oil. There have been other products- Carol's Daughter Rhassoul Clay Conditioner and Shampoo or Shea Moisture Purification Masque ,for example, that I used and loved but that are now discontinued or have had formula changes that did not work for me. Lately, I just stick to brands that I like (Soultanicals, Mane Choice, etc.) and try new products from other brands sometimes.

leona2025

I been faithful to Design Essentials Almond Express conditioner. Ive tried to move away from it a few times just to experiment and my hair just wont cooperate lol. Ive been using it about 3 years or more. I started using it during my transition to natural. Also the avocado detangling shampoo. Ohh thats the best shampoo I ever used.

Neomorph

My Neutrogena T-sal shampoo is definitely the one as far as shampoo goes. It's gentle enough to use twice a week (it's sulfate free) but it's also great at controlling my scalp condition. I do have to switch it out occasionally as my scalp condition tends to adapt to shampoos, but I can always go back to it reliably.

Kinky Curly Knot Today has been my go to leave-in conditioner/detangler that doesn't irritate my scalp. Has made my life much easier ever since I started using it.

Jamaican Black Castor Oil (both liquid and solid) is my go to oil. Has not failed me yet.