Has anyone tried Moroccan Oil?

PuddingPop

Heres a link http://www.moroccanoil.com/ . A coworker of mine loves it. At forty bucks for a 3.4 oz bottle its a little too rich for my blood but she swears by it. They also have a hair mask for about 50 bucks a jar that she uses too. She gave me a sample of the mask to try on me and my daughters hair. Shes really nice and she always gives me a sample of her high end products ( cuz she knows how cheap I am:lachen:) I tried it and it was ok, nothing to write home about. I'll ask her to give me a little bit of the oil to try too. Does anyone else have experience with it or heard anything about it?

Irresistible

I havent , but like you said its pretty high end, it would have to make the heavens open and angels sing or somethin

JustKiya

I've heard of it here and there on hair boards, but I haven't used it (too rich for my blood too!! :lachen: )

Overall, though, the reviews seem to be - eh, okay. Definitely nothing that would make me wanna go running to buy.

:look:

Camellia oil, on the other hand, I've heard LOTS of raves about (mostly white women, though....) and it's another expensive oil - but I might actually try it.

magviv

Heres a link http://www.moroccanoil.com/ . A coworker of mine loves it. At forty bucks for a 3.4 oz bottle its a little too rich for my blood but she swears by it. They also have a hair mask for about 50 bucks a jar that she uses too. She gave me a sample of the mask to try on me and my daughters hair. Shes really nice and she always gives me a sample of her high end products ( cuz she knows how cheap I am:lachen:) I tried it and it was ok, nothing to write home about. I'll ask her to give me a little bit of the oil to try too. Does anyone else have experience with it or heard anything about it?

Puddingpop,
Does your coworker have beautiful hair as a result of using this oil?

Ballerina_Bun

This is probably just argan oil. Schwarzkopf Gliss Oil Nutritive has argan/Moroccan Oil. And yes, it is quite lovely :yep: .The conditioner that has this oil in it would detangle a sheep that has been matted for 5 years :lachen:. Seriously though, I think it is the argan oil in these products that makes my hair respond so nicely.

However, they do not sell the Schwarzkopf Gliss Oil Nutritive in the states. There's a picture of some of the products in my album, somewhere. Whenever I use the conditioner I always have nice shine. I also have a few bottles of pure argan/moroccan Oil too.

ETA: Here's some information on argan oil http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/product.asp?product_id=oilargan&extract=1
They are always OOS though.

Last edited:

TexturedTresses

My hairdresser (luv her) used this in my hair a while back mixed in with some conditioner and it gave my hair a really nice sheen. Although I think you can get the same with other oils. Also, you have to be REALLY careful because too much will weigh down your hair. I don't think it's worth the price though.

anniev2

my coworker gave me a .34 oz sample bottle of this. I thought I'd post the ingredients just b/c:

Moroccan Oil Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Menthyl Propional, Argania Spinozo Kernel Oil (Aragon Oil), Linseed (Linum Ustatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Seems like its more of a heat protectant. Here are the ingredients in Chi Silk Infusion, a popular heat protectant.

CHI Silk Infusion: Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.

I tried it and still have it, I like it, but I haven't seen a difference in growth, but I add it to my hair after I wash it, but I wouldn't do a cartwheels over it, I mean I'm still on my first bottle, but I mean I wouldn't die if I ran out....IMO, it's just more oil added to my collection of oils.....but it's not a bad product, but as for a growth aid----no, sealing ends----yea, but I like HairVead Cocoasta(sp?)oil and jojoba oil for sealing my ends!! HTH.

Ballerina_Bun

It's basically just cones and argan oil. Save your money and purchase some pure argan oil or add a few drops of argan to your favourite serum.