Has anyone tried Nature's Plus Ultra Hair?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Has anyone tried Nature\'s Plus Ultra Hair?

<font color="blue">It has more biotin and pantothenic acid than GNC Ultra Nourishair. It also has more Vit C, Folate, and other vitamins/minerals. UNH is $8.99 for 60 at (drugstore.com) vs 13.46 for 60 NPUH. I could eliminate my B-complex vitamin if I took the NPUH. I am not taking pantothenic acid, but if I were I could eliminate that too.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has tried this particular product. </font>
http://www.naturesplus.com/products/supp_detail.asp?criteria=search&amp;searchVar=&amp;productNumber=4841

Ultra Nourishair
Biotin= 1200 mcg
Pantothenic Acid = 20 mg

Nature's Plus Ultra Hair
Ultra Hair Sustained Release
Product No. 4841
Nature's Plus has developed the absolute ultimate in a natural hair formula. Ultra Hair offers a mega B-Complex, with 500 mg of Pantothenic Acid, 2,000 mcg of Biotin, 400 mcg of Folic Acid and 100 mg of L-Cysteine, plus high potencies of Vitamins A and C, all combined in a special base which provides for the gradual release of ingredients over a prolonged period of time.

Ingredients

Vitamin A (as beta carotene) 10000 IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 500 mg
Vitamin B-1 (as thiamine HCl) 30 mg
Vitamin B-2 (as riboflavin) 100 mg
Niacin (as niacinamide) 30 mg
Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 100 mg
Folate (as folic acid) 400 mcg
Biotin 2000 mcg
Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate) 500 mg
Zinc (as amino acid chelate) 5 mg
Inositol 500 mg
Choline (as bitartrate) 210 mg
PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) 100 mg
L-Cysteine (free form amino acid) 100 mg

Jade21

Re: Has anyone tried Nature\'s Plus Ultra Hair?

CurlyCrly,

Howdy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If Pallas does not reply to this thread, you might want to send her a PM for some feedback..her username is hiddy3. She is one person that I can think of off hand who I remember taking this.

Anyway, it's a good overall formula. Depending on your preferences, the top three I recommend are Country Life's Maxi Hair Maximized, Nature's Plus Ultra Hair and Hair Fitness.

You might want to check out Hair Fitness. It's an all-inclusive formula. It coupled with a multi and it's a mighty hair supplement. If I were going to take a hair formula, I think I would take this one. The niacin or saw palmetto made my skin itch when I tried it a while ago. I have several friends in real life with gorgeous hair who buy it by the carload and have been doing so for years.

For discounts, be sure to check out Vitacost.com

~Jade~

CurlyCrly

Thanks Jade! I just noticed that there is no MSM in the Nature's Plus that I mentioned above, but Country Life has it. I'll check out the Hair Fitness as well. Decisions....decisions.

hiddy3

Hi CurlyCrly!
I Have tried the UltraNourishair and the UltraHair. Of the the two, I like the Ultrahair better. I'm not one of those people that can honestly say that the addition of hair vitamins vastly improved the condition of my hair. I believe that they probably do help, but they haven't been the "answer" to all my hair problems.

In terms of growth, I experienced more taking the UltraHair.
I also believe that my hair was shinier taking this product over the Ultranourishair. I want to give Country Life Maxi hair a try before I decide which of these three I like best. But of the ones mentioned above, I'd have to give it to the UltraHair. Hope this helps.

Pallas

hiddy3

CurlyCrly,
UltraHair does have a "Plus" formula now that does contain MSM.

Pallas

CurlyCrly

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
hiddy3 said:
CurlyCrly,
UltraHair does have a "Plus" formula now that does contain MSM.

Pallas

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

CurlyCrly take a look at these vitamins. I haven't taken them, but I ordered them this week. Looks like a good base hair vitamin. LMK.

Vitol Great Hair

CurlyCrly

Armyqt said:
CurlyCrly take a look at these vitamins. I haven't taken them, but I ordered them this week. Looks like a good base hair vitamin. LMK.

Vitol Great Hair

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok..now that has more biotin and pantothenic acid than Ultra Hair, but no MSM. It looks like a good one too. Have you tried any others? If so, how did they work for you? Please let us know how this one works.

CurlyCrly

hiddy3 said:
Hi CurlyCrly!
I Have tried the UltraNourishair and the UltraHair. Of the the two, I like the Ultrahair better. I'm not one of those people that can honestly say that the addition of hair vitamins vastly improved the condition of my hair. I believe that they probably do help, but they haven't been the "answer" to all my hair problems.

In terms of growth, I experienced more taking the UltraHair.
I also believe that my hair was shinier taking this product over the Ultranourishair. I want to give Country Life Maxi hair a try before I decide which of these three I like best. But of the ones mentioned above, I'd have to give it to the UltraHair. Hope this helps.

Pallas

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiddy3,

Thanks for your input.
How long did you use those products?

Armyqt

I've taken UNH but wasn't really consistent enough to notice a big difference. The reason I stopped taking them was because of learning about the absorption rate of pills. Not too good. Anyway, because the Vitol Great hair has such a large dosage of everything, I really want to try and see if it makes a difference. I'll keep everyone posted.

Also, I would recommend that if you want to get the full benefits of MSM, do not take them in a pill. The pills contain so many fillers and oftentimes the MSM is not pure. It is very hard to test them also because of all the fillers contained in one pill. I would suggest that you take the purest form which comes in powder to reap the greatest benefits. I have the Trimedica brand. Just something to think about.

CurlyCrly

Armyqt said:
I've taken UNH but wasn't really consistent enough to notice a big difference. The reason I stopped taking them was because of learning about the absorption rate of pills. Not too good. Anyway, because the Vitol Great hair has such a large dosage of everything, I really want to try and see if it makes a difference. I'll keep everyone posted.

Also, I would recommend that if you want to get the full benefits of MSM, do not take them in a pill. The pills contain so many fillers and oftentimes the MSM is not pure. It is very hard to test them also because of all the fillers contained in one pill. I would suggest that you take the purest form which comes in powder to reap the greatest benefits. I have the Trimedica brand. Just something to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I will look into that too.

hiddy3

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiddy3,

Thanks for your input.
How long did you use those products?

[/ QUOTE ]

Over a year with the UltraHair and approx. 7 months for the Ultranourishair. I decided to try the UNH because people were raving about them on several boards. Sometimes you just want to see what all the hype is about, you know?

Pallas