Has Anyone Tried The Dyson Airwrap?

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
I used the Supersonic for the first time today. I blow dried my hair in ~30 minutes from soaking wet to completely dry and (for the first time since I started using the RevAir) I got my roots.

My roots are very very thick and prone to tangling and I never got them with the RevAir. That or if I did get them they would tangle and dry as a
webbed mess. The Supersonic removed that entirely. It's also so much easier to use and so much quieter.

The only cons:

1) I see all my shed hairs flying around the room again. (I was used to them getting sucked up by the RevAir and never having to see them.)
2) I don't get the same level of softness I get from the RevAir sucking the cuticle flat, but I don't mind.
3) When I bought the dryer the comb attachment was out of stock. You typically get it included for free once you purchase a dryer. I asked a representative to let me know when they would be available again because I can't really use the dryer without it. They said that they would. I checked the site randomly and saw the comb attachments in stock. When I emailed a representative to ask about it they acted like I was going crazy and said it was still out of stock. Eventually I got tired of them and ordered (and paid for) the comb attachment separately. I sent an email complaining that I had to do that and no response.

Theresamonet

I used the Supersonic for the first time today. I blow dried my hair in ~30 minutes from soaking wet to completely dry and (for the first time since I started using the RevAir) I got my roots.

My roots are very very thick and prone to tangling and I never got them with the RevAir. That or if I did get them they would tangle and dry as a
webbed mess. The Supersonic removed that entirely. It's also so much easier to use and so much quieter.

The only cons:

1) I see all my shed hairs flying around the room again. (I was used to them getting sucked up by the RevAir and never having to see them.)
2) I don't get the same level of softness I get from the RevAir sucking the cuticle flat, but I don't mind.
3) When I bought the dryer the comb attachment was out of stock. You typically get it included for free once you purchase a dryer. I asked a representative to let me know when they would be available again because I can't really use the dryer without it. They said that they would. I checked the site randomly and saw the comb attachments in stock. When I emailed a representative to ask about it they acted like I was going crazy and said it was still out of stock. Eventually I got tired of them and ordered (and paid for) the comb attachment separately. I sent an email complaining that I had to do that and no response.

When did you purchase? It sounds like you might like the Airwrap better.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee

LushLox

*cues the TikTok sound* Girl don’t do it it’s not worth it...I’m not gone do it girl, I was just thinking about it, I’m not gone do it.
View attachment 466751
I did it.
Awww I’m pleased for you. It’s nice to give ourselves treats now and again, what are we working for!

Just return it if you don’t like it. And QVC will even reimburse your return shipping costs. They don’t like people to know this but if you speak to customer services and ask they normally will.

Anyway I’m sure you’ll love it!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
My mother has fine hair that straightens very easily. She bought the Supersonic and the Airwrap. For her, the Airwrap is best.

Using the Airwrap with Firm brush, I had her hair dry and straight in 15 minutes. The roots took a little more time to smooth compared to using the Supersonic (whole head straight and dry in 10). But for her needs and ability, she could more easily do her own hair using the Airwrap to dry and straighten, then following with her Babyliss curler to style.

The Airwrap curlers gave her a looser, softer curl than she prefers, but she could make it work if she were traveling and immediately rolled her hair after curling.

GettingKinky

My mother has fine hair that straightens very easily. She bought the Supersonic and the Airwrap. For her, the Airwrap is best.

Using the Airwrap with Firm brush, I had her hair dry and straight in 15 minutes. The roots took a little more time to smooth compared to using the Supersonic (whole head straight and dry in 10). But for her needs and ability, she could more easily do her own hair using the Airwrap to dry and straighten, then following with her Babyliss curler to style.

The Airwrap curlers gave her a looser, softer curl than she prefers, but she could make it work if she were traveling and immediately rolled her hair after curling.
When you dried her hair with the Supersonic did you use the comb attachment?

beloved1bx

The new revair thread reminds me of the new Dyson airwrap. I may have over looked it being mentioned in other threads. This is a tool I still want but haven't purchased yet. Has anyone else been eyeing the new version? I think it has a longer wand than the original

I was just coming in here to mention that Dyson dropped an updated version of the Airwrap, but the price is steeper as well at $600. They have a set for curly/coily hair that comes with a wide-tooth comb attachment.
1658536451041.png

I want to buy some kind of dryer to see if stretching my hair more regularly will help to cut down on the SSKs. But we'll see if and when that happens.

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

I was just coming in here to mention that Dyson dropped an updated version of the Airwrap, but the price is steeper as well at $600. They have a set for curly/coily hair that comes with a wide-tooth comb attachment.
View attachment 481803

I want to by some kind of dryer to see if stretching my hair more regularly will help to cut down on the SSKs. But we'll see if and when that happens.

This is great! I didn't even notice the coily set at first. I just noticed the long version and the new barrels can spin in both directions. I think the long set with + the wide tooth comb as an add-on would be the perfect set for my hair but that price tag give me pause every time. I am not against really expensive products but with my regimen I don't necessarily need curlers or a pick attachment. It is just one of those products I would know exactly what to do with if I had it. My Revair coupled with the technology on the set I want would be the chef's kiss for healthy hair that is laid all the time. I want it and would get my money's worth out of it. I just want it on sale lol. If I could get like the the Sephora 20% off rouge discount or if an 20% discount from Ulta worked on it I could swing it and just get the comb attachment separately. So I am watching and waiting for now. It is sold out a lot of places already. I might have to get it full price but I hate that lol.

Last edited:

yamilee21

On my strict budget, I have not even allowed myself to fantasize about the Dyson hair dryers. But with a quick glance at the start image of this video, I was thinking, wow, a dryer that gives flat-iron results… instead of buying a replacement flat-iron, maybe I need to rearrange my budget somehow. I was so disappointed when I pressed play and saw it was just added hair extensions looking so sleek. :lol:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
View attachment 481803

I want to buy some kind of dryer to see if stretching my hair more regularly will help to cut down on the SSKs. But we'll see if and when that happens.

Unless those comb teeth are made out of vibranium I think my hair will break them

beloved1bx

On my strict budget, I have not even allowed myself to fantasize about the Dyson hair dryers. But with a quick glance at the start image of this video, I was thinking, wow, a dryer that gives flat-iron results… instead of buying a replacement flat-iron, maybe I need to rearrange my budget somehow. I was so disappointed when I pressed play and saw it was just added hair extensions looking so sleek. :lol:
LOL! yeah, that video's static image is misleading/clickbait, but it was the only post I could find that showed the new attachment.

Lylddlebit

I should also mention that all the new attachments work with the original device. The attachment sets are sold out on the Dyson page right now but if you have the original set you can just upgrade the attachments if you wanted to. The base is the same device. It's new attachments that got added and upgraded in the lineup

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I may have a buyer for my RevAir so I'm going to use the funds toward purchasing this and possibly the dryer.