Has anyone tried the Macadamia Natural Hair Oil system?

Blue_Berry

http://www.macadamiahair.com/

It Claims:
Healing Oil Treatment

Our Healing Oil Treatment is a therapeutic oil perfect for all hair types and is especially beneficial to dry, damaged hair.

• intense nourishment for tangle & frizz free hair
  • hair that is ultra-smooth, manageable & shiny
  • natural UV protection extends the life of color treatments
  • reduced drying time by an amazing 40-50%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90s3_06zQ4A

Has anyone tried this line? I haven't seen much reviews on here.

Attachments

• Natural.jpg
    Natural.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 99

WyrdWay

Nope haven't tried it but my hair loves Macadamia nut oil. I bought some pure organic M. oil from Mountain Valley Herbs. My hair loves it as much as coconut oil, but it solidifies at a lower temp than coconut oil, so I can us it in the colder weather.
I bet the system is good but my bottle of oil only cost around $10... I would try it and see how it does, but I wouldn't be able to afford paying that every few months.
But the PJ in me wants to try it.... I must resist.
Good luck to you if you do buy it though, keep us updated!

Krymsonkween

I tried and it was a thread about it last year. It was not great for me. Infusium23 and castor oil worked better, and for the price and the amount you get I was like no way.

JerriBlank

I tried it last year I believe. I remember trying to decide between this and the Moroccan Oil line. I chose this.
It was bad.:nono:
The only useful thing about this product is that i re-use the dc container when I make a shea butter mix.:perplexed

Coffee

I've tried it and loved each product. The mac oil is wonderful on my hair. The poo & leave in is also awesome. Don't get me started on the masque; my hair and I love it. Penny's carries this line now.

CA*Nappy

I just used the deep penetrating masque and I like it . For $3.99 and only 1application it will be a once a month treatment. It is really moisturizing and left my hair easy to comb out. On my way to AZ so hopefully it helps out while I'm there in the dry hot weather.

Solitude

I tried a small bottle of the oil (purchased it at Ulta). I liked it. It was just too pricey and I'm too lazy to look for a cheaper brand.

Vashti

I was checking out this and the Ojon Restorative Masque. Both are tempting but the expense is just too much. If they could knock $10.00 off the price of the 8 oz. Deep Repair Masque I would spring for it, on occasion.

shunemite

I tried a small bottle of the oil (purchased it at Ulta). I liked it. It was just too pricey and I'm too lazy to look for a cheaper brand.
Solitude I saw that at Ulta, it was like $6.99 for a tiny 1 oz bottle or something like that. I didn't like the price so I went to Whole Foods and got a large bottle of Organic cold press Macadamia Oil, I paid $18.99 for the large 16 oz bottle. I was hoping to get an 8 oz bottle for $10 but they didn't have one, so far I like it, but I've only used it once to be able to tell.

Solitude

@Solitude I saw that at Ulta, it was like $6.99 for a tiny 1 oz bottle or something like that. I didn't like the price so I went to Whole Foods and got a large bottle of Organic cold press Macadamia Oil, I paid $18.99 for the large 16 oz bottle. I was hoping to get an 8 oz bottle for $10 but they didn't have one, so far I like it, but I've only used it once to be able to tell.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Dove56

I've tried it and loved each product. The mac oil is wonderful on my hair. The poo & leave in is also awesome. Don't get me started on the masque; my hair and I love it. Penny's carries this line now.

If I didn't love Jesus so much, I'd build a shrine around that masque and worship forever lol...it is THE TRUTH! My hair loves that mask / conditioner above all else. :yep:

Last edited:

xu93texas

I really love this product line.:lick: I'm currently using the Rejuvenating Shampoo, the moisturizing rinse, the Deep Repair Masque, the leave-in (I mixed the last of this with my Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave in) and the Healing oil spray. I purchased sample sizes of each product and I just absolutely love everything. I bought the samples in December and I still have about 4-5 more uses left in the bottles. I've only repurchased the Deep Repair Masque. My faves are the Moisturizing rinse (ingredients resemble that of Aphogee 2 min., however directions say to leave on for 30 seconds only I think) and the Deep Repair Masque. Someone mentioned earlier they paid $4 for a pack and only got one use out of it. I get 3-4 uses out of each packet. This conditioner is very rich, creamy, and it smells divine! :lick: I don't use alot bc its so thick and I have fine hair-I don't like to overcoat my hair.

I do plan on purchasing the full size bottles when Ulta has another 20% off everything sale. I was thinking KeraCare was my staple line for shampoo/conditioner, but this line is becoming my favorite. I'll probably alternate between the two brands.

lamaria211

Thanks ladies i loe goo reviews now i dont feel so ba about the 30$ price tag on the leave in noe i want the mask!! ill go get it today if i dont go into labor:grin:

SelfStyled

I have only tried the Deep Repair Masque from this line, and it was incredible! It has all the qualities I look for in a Masque. It is a little pricey, but I don't have to use a whole lot of conditioner, as it is thick, but spreads easily.

lovebug10

Bumping for more reviews.

I'm really considering buying the masque, leave in, oil spray and oil treatment. Does anyone have any reviews on those items?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Seamonster

Used the oil spray, leave in and oil treatment. They are all good when you need cones and mineral oil. I have given this to my friends who are transitioning and they loved it. (I was given a box of it). Hair feels soft, shines, and stays detangled. It is good for sets, heavy sealing, and shine. Probably would be a good heat protectant, but I rarely use heat, so I haven't tried it.

all_1_length

I really like using the healing oil when I blow dry my hair. It feels silky smooth after using this product. Even though it has cones in it I am able to moisturize and seal afterward with no problems. I really like this better than the Moroccan oil treatment. I think that the inclusion of the macadamia oil really makes the difference with how my hair feels compared to other cone/oil products. If you want to buy macadamia brand products for less check out www.thebeautyplace.com. They sell macadamia products for much less than stores like Ulta etc.

IMO the deep repair masque = silk elements megasilk olive mositruizing treatment from Sallys. I have tried both (first the megasilk then the deep repair masque) and I couldn't tell the difference between the two so if you want the same results for a fraction of the price then go to Sallys and get the megasilk. It's on sale this month (May) for $6.00, it's usually $12. With a 15% off coupon it would be even cheaper than that.

As far as the shampoo is concerned I have some but I have not tried it yet. I have heard too many conflicting reviews of how it worked so well before the formula was changed that I held off from using it. I didn't like the oil spray because I thought that it was way too watery. I find that thicker/heavier oils like coconut oil work better to seal my hair than anything that comes in a spray bottle. The effect of the spray did little for my hair. I guess it was designed for people with finer hair.

ETA: Even though it isn't a macadamia product I'm gonna include it anyway, the One n' Only Argan Oil Treatment trumps the macadamia healing oil any day of the week. I just thought I'd put that out there.:grin:

Last edited:

lamaria211

The deep penetrating masque says its a reconstructor on it but I don't see any protein in the ingredients. For the user's are you using it for moisture? I still haven't opened mine