Has Anyone Tried the MoeGro Growth Recipe

Kimberly

Thats what I do, I just pour out enough for a week or so, I don't know, as much as I can pour until my hand gets tired of holding the jar up, into the application bottle, and then add the aloe to the applicator bottle and go my way, I don't make a big pre prepared amount. I like it that way, cause by the end of my main batch, its like...hella potent.

Also, what does yours smell like cieramichele and eshille? Mine smells like tea, it doesn't smell bad at all. I can only smell it if I try to smell it in the bottle or on my fingers after I rub my scalp. I find it peculiar that yours smells, unless you just don't like the smell of tea or something and it smells the same lol. What oil are you using too, that may have an effect.

Mine smells like tea, too. Even with the Lavendar herb added. Next time, more lavendar. :yep:

eta: I have a tendency when I have leftover oil and stuff on my hands to rub it on my knees and elbows :look: Anybody see a problem with this? I am so impatient and went dipping into my jar tonight... :look:

Last edited:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Okay, I made my batch using horsetail, nettle leaf and Macadamia Nut Oil. I really can't tell if the horsetail or the nettle leaf gives off an odor because the macadamia nut oil is soooooo overpowering!! It smells just like peanuts or some kind of nuts. I want to add something to it to cut down on the smell, but I'm scared that it will make it worse. I should have gone with the Jojoba oil instead. That's what I'll do next time.

I do have a few questions: how often are you all washing your hair while using this mix? Is it safe to wash my hair 2x per week? Or will that hinder the effects?

eshille

Okay, I made my batch using horsetail, nettle leaf and Macadamia Nut Oil. I really can't tell if the horsetail or the nettle leaf gives off an odor because the macadamia nut oil is soooooo overpowering!! It smells just like peanuts or some kind of nuts. I want to add something to it to cut down on the smell, but I'm scared that it will make it worse. I should have gone with the Jojoba oil instead. That's what I'll do next time.

I do have a few questions: how often are you all washing your hair while using this mix? Is it safe to wash my hair 2x per week? Or will that hinder the effects?

I do understand what you mean about the smell. I used lavender eo which has growth stimulating properties to mask the jojoba+nettles fumes!

You want the oils to penetrate the scalp, there should be no reason you cannot wash 2x per week. I remember the op stating that mac nut oil takes a couple of days to penetrate as opposed to jojoba so just watch how long it takes and work around that.

Sui can probably give you some further assistance...she's been super.

HHG

Sui Topi

:blush:lol thanks eshille...I figure we're all in this together, and I want everybody to get crazy results, otherwise, whats the point?

Miss cherokee, I use olive oil as a base, so it's not so light as jojoba, but probably not as heavy as macadamia nut oil. I tried the jojoba first, and I did get good results, however it is so expensive I had to eventually cut it with olive, and then completely use olive oil. I am purchasing the oils I am going to use in the version I want to sell this week, and I am thinking about getting a liter of olive and a liter of jojoba. Also, I (well not any more since I'm in kinky twists) would co wash every day and apply it to my scalp. right after. I guess the rule would just be if you wash it off your scalp, apply it back on and you'll be straight. Even sometimes when I would want to wet my hair, but am too lazy to apply this stuff back on, I would just rinse my hair gently and try not to disturb my scalp, but as long as there is some scalp touching going on that can rub off the oil, I would apply it back on.

Are there any results yet? I would really like to see how its going for those using just nettle. I would like to offer that too for our sisters with blood pressure problems and would just like to hear if its doing well also?

Sui Topi

Mine smells like tea, too. Even with the Lavendar herb added. Next time, more lavendar. :yep:

eta: I have a tendency when I have leftover oil and stuff on my hands to rub it on my knees and elbows :look: Anybody see a problem with this? I am so impatient and went dipping into my jar tonight... :look:

lol I don't see why there should be a problem lol, its all natural herb infused oil. Maybe you even stumbled on to something. Let me know if you wake up next week with baby smooth knees and elbows :sekret:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I do understand what you mean about the smell. I used lavender eo which has growth stimulating properties to mask the jojoba+nettles fumes!

You want the oils to penetrate the scalp, there should be no reason you cannot wash 2x per week. I remember the op stating that mac nut oil takes a couple of days to penetrate as opposed to jojoba so just watch how long it takes and work around that.

Sui can probably give you some further assistance...she's been super.

HHG
Thanks for the response eshille. I just made the batch last week and I put my aloe vera gel in the mixture Sunday night. I was intending to use it last night, but forgot about it. I'll be using it today and won't wash my hair again until Thursday, so that's why I was asking if it was okay. I'll try it for a month and see what results I get.
:blush:lol thanks eshille...I figure we're all in this together, and I want everybody to get crazy results, otherwise, whats the point?

Miss cherokee, I use olive oil as a base, so it's not so light as jojoba, but probably not as heavy as macadamia nut oil. I tried the jojoba first, and I did get good results, however it is so expensive I had to eventually cut it with olive, and then completely use olive oil. I am purchasing the oils I am going to use in the version I want to sell this week, and I am thinking about getting a liter of olive and a liter of jojoba. Also, I (well not any more since I'm in kinky twists) would co wash every day and apply it to my scalp. right after. I guess the rule would just be if you wash it off your scalp, apply it back on and you'll be straight. Even sometimes when I would want to wet my hair, but am too lazy to apply this stuff back on, I would just rinse my hair gently and try not to disturb my scalp, but as long as there is some scalp touching going on that can rub off the oil, I would apply it back on.

Are there any results yet? I would really like to see how its going for those using just nettle. I would like to offer that too for our sisters with blood pressure problems and would just like to hear if its doing well also?
Sui, thanks for the advice. I may have to use the EVOO too. But I thought OO didn't penetrate the scalp as well as Jojoba or Macadamia Nut oils? If it works for you then I may just have to give it a try. I don't have any results because I will start using mine today. I'm going to take before and after photos after a month's worth of usage, so I'll report at the end of the month. Since today is the 1st, this will be the perfect opportunity for a test run.

Kimberly

Since I plan to apply the oil nightly, I will continue to wash and cw as usual.

Mine smells like tea.

eta:

lol I don't see why there should be a problem lol, its all natural herb infused oil. Maybe you even stumbled on to something. Let me know if you wake up next week with baby smooth knees and elbows

For some reason I imagined waking up with hairy knees and elbows :look:

Last edited:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Okay, so I started using mine last night. I swear, I kept checking to see if any nuts were lying around me (it's really a strong odor). I could smell it right up until I went to bed, but I'm guessing the smell just faded away because when I woke up this morning, I could no longer smell it. My plan is to use it 2x per week, after each wash day. I'm doing a test run for the entire month. So, I'll report my progress at the end of this month.

eshille

Okay, so I started using mine last night. I swear, I kept checking to see if any nuts were lying around me (it's really a strong odor). I could smell it right up until I went to bed, but I'm guessing the smell just faded away because when I woke up this morning, I could no longer smell it. My plan is to use it 2x per week, after each wash day. I'm doing a test run for the entire month. So, I'll report my progress at the end of this month.

miss _cherokee...I'll be looking forward to those pics...here's to success.:yep:

I've decided to long range this concoction, tweak it a little and use it as a permanent part of my regimen. The ingredients are both hair and scalp nourishing. I was
sitting here thinking that jojoba+nettles+lavender+aloe vera are all great ingredients to use as a hot oil treatment w/my steamer...on my scalp and hair.
Who knows it might speed up any growth benefits. Anyhoo...that's the plam....:grin:

HHG

kandegirl

This recipe sounds good. I wonder does it smell like Wild Growth Oil. That stuff smells strong too and it has some of the same ingredients.

Now ya'll are going to have me in Whole Foods again!!!:grin:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
miss _cherokee...I'll be looking forward to those pics...here's to success.:yep:

I've decided to long range this concoction, tweak it a little and use it as a permanent part of my regimen. The ingredients are both hair and scalp nourishing. I was
sitting here thinking that jojoba+nettles+lavender+aloe vera are all great ingredients to use as a hot oil treatment w/my steamer...on my scalp and hair.
Who knows it might speed up any growth benefits. Anyhoo...that's the plam....:grin:

HHG
Make sure to keep us posted on the results! I may just have to add some lavendar or some kind of fragrant oil to my mix. That nutty smell is just too much for me right now.

mj11051

I use this oil weekly and yes my hair has grown. But for me I use it for hair health. I find that healthy hair grows.

naskat

I filled a mason jar with BB Growth Oil, olive oil, and then a little Lisa's Hair Exilir for a sweet smell. I put two tablespoons each of horsetail and nettle leaf. I let it sit in a boiling pot for a minute, and then left it on top of the frig. I also let it sit ontop of the stove when I baked chicken yesterday, so I hope it infused enough. It has a wonderful smell to it and the oil is very light.Also, the BB Growth Oil has peppermint, horsetail, nettle, oat grass, and other herbal extracts in it. It is made in olive, and canola oil. I want to try it out tonight since its been infusing for five days now.

LadyEuphoria007

Hey ladies what's the word?

I started using this last week...3 times a week.

I'm in braids right now but I measured just before I braided up at 4.25 inches. I'll measure again Aug 7.

How are that rest of you...I hear crickets in here LOL.

LaNecia

I've had a batch on 'brew' for about two weeks now. I've been sporadic with my use, started out daily but has been more like every two or three days since preparing for the movers to come. I'm making some before they get here so I have it on hand while traveling. I love the way it makes my new growth so soft, that can't be beat with anything else I've used so far.

VWV

Sui Topi

Any more results ladies?! I took out the kinky twists a week later, because I couldn't get a good massage in and I didn't want to hinder my growth. I was thinking about getting a lace wig, but my measurements are too small for most stock wigs, and in the time it will take to get it made and sent, I may as well just put 200% effort into my hair with this growth oil, and I can try to make 3-4 inches in the 6-8 weeks. (sounds crazy I know, but I may as well try to push it). So far, I've been applying the oil with at least 5 minute scalp massages daily. My scalp really feels like its getting a workout, so I am excited to see where I will be in August when I will take a pass on my ruler challenge.
I really wanna see some more result pics!!! I just want to make sure I am not crazy and my hair is really growing like this.

Also ladies, I don't know how much I can stress this, but please remember to do your scalp massages, it will really really increase the results from this oil. I double my results with a daily scalp massage during the week. Do it at night before bed, and that way you won't mess up your hairstyle. I also put my head between my knees to do it, I think I read on SouthernTease's email updates that she does that to get blood circulating down there. I don't know if that really is better, but over all with scalp massages and hair growth, they really makes a difference! I have a feeling it is a factor in CandyC's 2"+ that one time. I think she got it in like 20 days or something, I don't remember. But she says she scritches forr like atleast 10 minutes when she does her ayurvedic ish

Last edited:
C

cieramichele

Ive been doing this for over a week(since June 28th) and only missed 2 days I think. In some areas I got 4.25 - 4.30 and in some I have 4.5 - 4.60 . Some places like around my hairline is barely over 4". Its also a different "type". maybe its how I applied it? I started off with 4 inches all over my head. Now I have over 4" and july 26th would have been my date to get 4 inches according my 1/2 per month growth rate.

Im about to start on the second half but I will alternate that with my new experimental homemade mix.

Now I dont have to buy any other topicals! No ovation, no MT, nothing else. All I have to do is do my stritch/apply b4 bed. Only takes 3 minutes. :yep:

ETA: I have to drop the ruler challenge :look:

Last edited by a moderator:

eshille

I've had a batch on 'brew' for about two weeks now. I've been sporadic with my use, started out daily but has been more like every two or three days since preparing for the movers to come. I'm making some before they get here so I have it on hand while traveling. I love the way it makes my new growth so soft, that can't be beat with anything else I've used so far.

VWV

The bold part is so true for me. I started rubbing it (nettles+jojoba+lavender+aloe) on my strands also and my hair is the softest it has been in a very long time.

It's my keeper...growth or no growth...:grin:

Last edited:

LadyEuphoria007

Ok...I feel dumb but I'm glad we got this thread.

I was doing 3x a week...but I'm going to do it nightly like you ladies.

I can't wait to see everyone's pix.

Any noticble side effects other than soft hair?

I'm struggling to keep up on the no ruler challenge...that's the only reason I kinky twisted it up...I miss my TA though :sad:

SilverSurfer

I've been using it for about 3 weeks now but have not really been consistent for the last week but I'm definitely back on it daily now. I have gotten growth but my hair is in a twa so it's a little hard to tell via measuring. Once I get more length then I will post my pictures but it is definitely very moisturizing and defines my coils. I always message my scalp when I apply it and get a nice tingle out of it too so yeah it's a keep regardless.

PuddingPop

Hi everyone. I have a batch brewing at home. It should be ready for use today but I may wait until tomorrow. Heres the mix I used:

about 6oz grapeseed oil
1 tsp chamomille ( sp?)
2 tsp rosemary
2 tbls horsetail
Now I just have to pick up some aloe gel
I plan to start using it by the end of the week. I'll post a starting pic before then. I just did a touch up yesterday so I should be able to tell prette easily if this oil is giving me some growth.

Oh, and for anyone who had trouble finding the horsetail and other herbs, another place to look is your local Hispanic/ Ethnic supermarket. The ones we have here in Jersey are called Supremo or Twin City supermarket. They have a herb section like you wouldnt believe. You'll be very surprised by what goodies you can find in these types of stores.

Sui Topi

Hi everyone. I have a batch brewing at home. It should be ready for use today but I may wait until tomorrow. Heres the mix I used:

about 6oz grapeseed oil
1 tsp chamomille ( sp?)
2 tsp rosemary
2 tbls horsetail
Now I just have to pick up some aloe gel
I plan to start using it by the end of the week. I'll post a starting pic before then. I just did a touch up yesterday so I should be able to tell prette easily if this oil is giving me some growth.

Oh, and for anyone who had trouble finding the horsetail and other herbs, another place to look is your local Hispanic/ Ethnic supermarket. The ones we have here in Jersey are called Supremo or Twin City supermarket. They have a herb section like you wouldnt believe. You'll be very surprised by what goodies you can find in these types of stores.

Be careful with the grapeseed oil, a member on nappturality found when making this mixture, the oil evaporated. I guess you can just put more than you need, but you may not want to waste it. Olive oil is really good too.

I'm so happy to hear others are getting results too. I thought I was nuts. Ciera, I'm struggling with that ruler challenge too. Especially after washing, my hair feels so much longer I just want to check