Has anyone tried the NEW Eco Styler Cholesterol Conditioner?

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
I just bought a 16oz jar today for $3 and some change and the ingredients looked good so I copped it.

Has anyone used it? I tried searching for reviews but only saw a review for the old formula (with mineral oil). This one doesn't have mineral oil.

Ingredients:

Water, Stearalkonium Clhloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth-20, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cholesterol, Fragance (Parfum), Ricinodendron rautanenii (Manketti) Oil, Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Biotin, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ergocaliferol (Vitamin D), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), FD&C Yellow 5, D&C Red 4.

I want to use it as a detangler/quick moisture rebalancing condish after my MegaTek protein treatment.

TIA for your reviews!

gorgeoushair

I haven't tried it but look forward to your review. I am all about trying to find staples from the hair store plus it's cheap. Are you using the old or new formula of Megatek.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Tried it, hated it.

It smells very floral, has a nice consistency, felt good going on my hair, and seemed to detangle but during and after rinsing, my hair felt dry, my ends crispy. After wash and Megatek day, I usually have NO broken hair in my comb, in the shower, etc but after using this product, I had noticeably more hairs in my comb and such.

I blamed it on the Ecostyler.

The remaining ish went where it belonged: in the trash.

If you have super fine, 4a, natural hair: do not purchase and do not use.

HTH!

CodeRed

Tried it, hated it.

It smells very floral, has a nice consistency, felt good going on my hair, and seemed to detangle but during and after rinsing, my hair felt dry, my ends crispy. After wash and Megatek day, I usually have NO broken hair in my comb, in the shower, etc but after using this product, I had noticeably more hairs in my comb and such.

I blamed it on the Ecostyler.

The remaining ish went where it belonged: in the trash.

If you have super fine, 4a, natural hair: do not purchase and do not use.

HTH!

Tried it today... It didn't do all that to my hair but I always add oils and co-wash my deep treatments out... I will say it did go on great and mixed my oils well but when I went to go wash it out my hair felt kind of hard and I couldn't run my fingers through it. I followed my normal routine of cowashing out with VO5 and my hair became soft again. No more than usual breakage/shedding... I gave the Argan oil and Shea Butter one a try. I have the Olive Oil and Shea Butter one too... will try it and if it works the same I'll try it on my daughter's hair... if it doesn't work there then it's going somewhere to do something :lol: