Has anyone used Mango Butter to rollerset hair?

MadisonK

I use to use Elasta QP mango butter when I did twists, but I'm wondering if it would work on rollersets? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I use it all the time when I do braidouts. After I braid my hair (soaking wet) I melt a little in my hands and rub it down the braid then air dry. After airdrying, before taking them down I may rub a little more on the braid, take it down and go. I wouldn't think it would mess up the rollerset. IMO you can do no wrong with mango butter!!! LOVES IT

No reason mango butter shouldn't work for roller sets IF your hair is not fine and/or thin and you don't use too much.

Thanks Ladies!

I rollerset my hair last night and used elasta qp mango butter to twist it into bantu knots after it was dry. It came out really moisturized. Next time I rollerset I may try using it on wet hair and see what happens.

I've used it for rollersets. I would apply it after my leave in to seal. As a matter of fact in the rollerset I have in my avatar I used mango butter. However I've found other products so I no longer use my mango butter.

I've used it for rollersets. I would apply it after my leave in to seal. As a matter of fact in the rollerset I have in my avatar I used mango butter. However I've found other products so I no longer use my mango butter.

Nativequeen - thanks for the bump

Kari107 - your hair is GORGEOUS! What do u use on your rollersets now?

thanks!

Back