Has anyone used Niacin before to help vits work better??

ttlayli

I read in a couple of old threads that it's good to take Niacin when you take your other vits, because it helps to get the blood circulating better; esp at your scalp. Those who never had that "bristling, tingly, follicular action" had it after taking Niacin, since it helps the blood go to the scalp. Has anyone else tried this?? Does it really work??

GinnyP

I read in a couple of old threads that it's good to take Niacin when you take your other vits, because it helps to get the blood circulating better; esp at your scalp. Those who never had that "bristling, tingly, follicular action" had it after taking Niacin, since it helps the blood go to the scalp. Has anyone else tried this?? Does it really work??
did not know this but will do a little research thanks

gymfreak336

Its called a Niacin flush. Some people use it to help improve certain heart conditions or cholesterol problems but it can also be harmful for some people. I am not sure about it increasing the effect of any supplements only because the effect varies in time in each person.

You can buy flush free niacin that won't induce this effect, which is what I buy.

ttlayli

Its called a Niacin flush. Some people use it to help improve certain heart conditions or cholesterol problems but it can also be harmful for some people. I am not sure about it increasing the effect of any supplements only because the effect varies in time in each person.

You can buy flush free niacin that won't induce this effect, which is what I buy.

Ohhh okay. So it's the "flush" that helps....not the niacin??

anniev2

I have cholesterol issues and I just bought some Niacin but I got he flush free kind. I wish I knew this before I bought it....the flush may have been beneficial

Angelicus

I used it one time and will never use it again. My whole body burned. I only took one pill. I do not remember the mg amount. Never ever ever. My body doesn't need that much Niacin. I stick with multi-vitamins.

Supervixen

I used it one time and will never use it again. My whole body burned. I only took one pill. I do not remember the mg amount. Never ever ever. My body doesn't need that much Niacin. I stick with multi-vitamins.

Me too. I started shaking and ended up in the bed in the fetal position.

ToyToy

I took Niacin for a (very) short period of time, but soon stopped because of the "flush". I had this tingling and my body started to shake. The very last time I took it, I couldn't move for a few minutes, because my whole body burned and I felt "pins and needles" all over my head and face. I was a little freaked out by that and just stopped using it.