Has this happened to anyone?

gorgeoushair

I usually don't start threads but here goes.........

This happened to me yesterday.......I applied some Polysorbate on my scalp and pre-pooed with Profective Growth Masque for about 1-2 hours. I rinsed it out and noticed my hair was feeling a little rough. I did an oil rinse with Amla oil and a little bit of EVOO. I combed it through....my hair was still rough and a little tangly. I rinsed the oil out and did a co wash with Suave Humectant and combed it through-by this time I had lost a lot of hair. I let it sit for a minute and rinsed. There was no slip and my hair was still rough so I deep conditioned with Motions Moisture Plus for 30 min(I also lost hair parting and combing to apply cond). Finally I rinsed this out and my hair still was not feeling right......no slip and rough:nono: At this point I didn't know what was going on with my hair so I used some Porosity Control. To make this long story short........let's just say this did not work either:wallbash: no slip, a little tangly and stripped feeling hair. I lost hair like I just had came out of braids or had 3 months of newgrowth and I'm only 3-4 weeks post relaxer.

I gave up and towel dried my hair and applied some Salerm 21 and castor oil(still had a little tangles and lost a little hair) and airdried in a ponytail.

I'm not sure what went wrong but does anyone have any thoughts on this and has this happened to anyone?

I did my first henna a week ago, do you think if I didn't get it all out that it would have caused this?

Last edited:

santia

This usually happens to me when I haven't clarified. Especially, when I wear it curly I need to do this at least 2x's a month. I just went through this 2 days ago as a matter of fact. So I waited the next day clarify and continue and everything went smoothly.

silverlotus

This usually happens to me when I haven't clarified. Especially, when I wear it curly I need to do this at least 2x's a month. I just went through this 2 days ago as a matter of fact. So I waited the next day clarify and continue and everything went smoothly.

Ditto. That's exactly how my hair acts when I need to clarify.

gorgeoushair

152 views and only 2 replies?:ohwell:

See this is why I don't start threads:nono:

Thanks a bunch Santia and Silverlotus for replying:)

Empress Yahudah

Dont be discouraged about starting threads :needhug:
maybe they agree with the clarifying suggestions cuz thats what I am goin to suggest :grin:

My hair did this just a few weeks ago and I couldnt figure out what the heck was going on im thinking it was a crappy batch of Mumtaz henna I used that lefted my hair very ruff and very dry for weeks cuz i dont use alot of product daily on my hair... Anyway I pre-poo w/ conditioner for 30min w/ plastic cap under my hooded dryer.. clarify..saturated my hair with Nacidint avocado rinse(trying to get rid of it) and Eqyss Premier Cream rinse to detagling under running water ..even with that my hair wasnt ruff anymore cuz it detangled with ease.. then i DC'd w/ Kenra MC and CM mixted together(lol I needed mega moisture and big time slip) i cover w/ plastic cap for 30 min .. the BAM after that my hair was silky soft smooth and moisturized again.

ravenmerlita

I have had the same thing happen when I conditioned too much without shampooing. I can tell immediately because no matter how much I condition my hair, it doesn't soften but stays hard and tangly as if the conditioner isn't sinking in. I don't necessarily have to clarify, sometimes just a regular shampoo is enough. Then when I condition after shampooing my hair is much easier to detangle and is softer and better moisturized.

Evazhair

Don't be discouraged. This happened to me frequently when I first relaxed my hair and I lost inches. I didn't realize the importance of clarifying and it wasn't until LHCF that I learned the importance of chelating, because I have hard water. Since I chelate regularly, things are much better for me. I mix Ion Hard Water Poo with a little Porosity control shampoo, so I can shampoo once. Also, a deep moisturizing detangling conditioner is key also for me, like Humecto or Nacidit without protein. My hair is quick to act up with protein.

gymfreak336

maybe they agree with the clarifying suggestions cuz thats what I am goin to suggest :grin:

My hair did this just a few weeks ago and I couldnt figure out what the heck was going on im thinking it was a crappy batch of Mumtaz henna I used that lefted my hair very ruff and very dry for weeks cuz i dont use alot of product daily on my hair... Anyway I pre-poo w/ conditioner for 30min w/ plastic cap under my hooded dryer.. clarify..saturated my hair with Nacidint avocado rinse(trying to get rid of it) and Eqyss Premier Cream rinse to detagling under running water ..even with that my hair wasnt ruff anymore cuz it detangled with ease.. then i DC'd w/ Kenra MC and CM mixted together(lol I needed mega moisture and big time slip) i cover w/ plastic cap for 30 min .. the BAM after that my hair was silky soft smooth and moisturized again.

I used some Jamila henna a while ago and it totally made my hair feel like crap for nearly 3 weeks.

MariposaSexyGirl

I usually don't start threads but here goes.........

This happened to me yesterday.......I applied some Polysorbate on my scalp and pre-pooed with Profective Growth Masque for about 1-2 hours. I rinsed it out and noticed my hair was feeling a little rough. I did an oil rinse with Amla oil and a little bit of EVOO. I combed it through....my hair was still rough and a little tangly. I rinsed the oil out and did a co wash with Suave Humectant and combed it through-by this time I had lost a lot of hair. I let it sit for a minute and rinsed. There was no slip and my hair was still rough so I deep conditioned with Motions Moisture Plus for 30 min(I also lost hair parting and combing to apply cond). Finally I rinsed this out and my hair still was not feeling right......no slip and rough:nono: At this point I didn't know what was going on with my hair so I used some Porosity Control. To make this long story short........let's just say this did not work either:wallbash: no slip, a little tangly and stripped feeling hair. I lost hair like I just had came out of braids or had 3 months of newgrowth and I'm only 3-4 weeks post relaxer.

I gave up and towel dried my hair and applied some Salerm 21 and castor oil(still had a little tangles and lost a little hair) and airdried in a ponytail.

I'm not sure what went wrong but does anyone have any thoughts on this and has this happened to anyone?

I did my first henna a week ago, do you think if I didn't get it all out that it would have caused this?
You should have clarified:yep:

Mestiza

My hair has been tangled when I hadn't completely washed henna out of my hair. I didn't have a lot of breakage like you described, though. My hair had increased breakage when it had been a long time since I clarified.

gorgeoushair

MissMadam

Which rinse do you like better? Also have you tried Nacidit Olive oil rinse?

sareca

Clarifying makes my tangles worse. When I'm having problems with roughness I assume the cuticles are raised and aren't closing properly (porosity problem) and I use light protein followed by moisture.

Leslie_C

I agree that you definitely need to clarify or chelate. My hair was just feeling rough and everything appeared to just sit on it...it was also dull and had no life. I was also getting excessive tangles and shedding. I used a chelating poo today and deep conditioned and its like brand new. I could tell when I took my rollers out and my hair was swingy and shiny. Thank goodness. The problem for me is figuring out how often I need to clarify/chelate bc it does strip the hair.

You will need to be extra gentle with it bc it will be tangled and rough until u condition it well. I section my hair gently with my fingers and apply conditioner root to tip...then saran wrap my hair and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. By the time I did that and especially after my leave in it felt like normal again....actually better!

Empress Yahudah

MissMadam

Which rinse do you like better? Also have you tried Nacidit Olive oil rinse?

I like Praital Silk Worm Rinse The best:yep:
I tried Nacidit olive oil rinse but to me it doesnt compare to the slip, softness, and silkiness I get from Praital. My hair realy loves silk proteins.
Plus I dont like the smell:ohwell:

I don't have any advice on your problem but when I have tangles/no slip when I'm trying out i DO NOT continue. I will try to find something else or use some other products or try to detangle under water. It saves alot of hair

Tebby1017

What does "chelate" mean? I'm not at all familiar with that term.

Tebby

ETA: This has never happened to me.