HauteHairGurl's BIG CHOP!!

Oooooh I hate Internet Explorer!! I just typed all this and it deleted the whole window!! GRRRR!!:wallbash: Anywho, I digress. I was natural up until November of last year but NEVER wore my hair out natural, it was ALWAYS blow dried, pressed and flat-ironed. Here is my update since my "Hairline Gone" post (my edges are growing in BTW).

So Saturday I went to Urban Bella here in Atlanta and got my big chop done!! I transitioned for 14 weeks and couldn't take the two textures anymore so I decided to chop (I was going to be a long term transitioner:rolleyes:). I don't love it or hate it, I'm kind of in the middle, I think I'm still in a state of shock that I actually did it. I AM VERY happy I did it though:grin: I'm excited to finally meet my new hair! I don't have a regimen besides washing and DC'ing w/heat cap twice a week, moisturizing and wetting daily (got to get used to that). I'm using Komaza Care products exclusively for 1 month to try them out. So all you 4b Naturals get in here and help me get a regimen going! Also, I'm using a medium (not fine, not wide, just a regular) tooth comb to comb through my hair, is this bad?? :ohwell: Should I go get a pick ASAP?

THANK YOU TO ALL THE LADIES OF LHCF FOR YOUR SUPPORT, FELLOWSHIP AND ANSWERING ALL OF MY ENDLESS QUESTIONS! A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO SELFSTYLED FOR THINKING ABOUT ME AND CALLING ME OUT ON FRIDAY, HERE'S YOUR UPDATE GIRL!

*sorry for the crappy pics but I don't have the camera that I took with me. I had to put up the pics I took with my camera phone. I'll try to update later with those.

Attachments

• nunu.jpeg
    nunu.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 197
  • nunu2.jpeg
    nunu2.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 127
  • nunu3.jpg
    nunu3.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 154

jetbeauty09

It fits you! Congrats! Is that 14 weeks of newgrowth with shrinkage or did you go a bit shorter? Either way, its nice.

I'm 4b and still a transitioner but I big chopped last year (long story). I'm still trying to figure out a regimen so I won't be much help there. Just stick to the basics and throw in a different product every now and again if you want to see a change. That way if it doesn't agree with your hair, you'll know exactly what not to do. Happy growing!

It fits you! Congrats! Is that 14 weeks of newgrowth with shrinkage or did you go a bit shorter? Either way, its nice.

Yeah it is, I think I'm a slow grower:rolleyes:. I have about 1" of hair. She also had put in some Hair Rules Styling/Conditioning creme to define my coils so that's what it looks like after that. I later felt I didn't like the 'defined coils' look so I combed it out. HHG!

Thanks Ladies for all of your nice comments!

Last edited:

SEMO

Congrats to you.

In my opinion you don't need a pick (you can get one if you want to) a wide tooth comb will likely be fine. As far a regimen, you want to make sure you have a good daily moisturizer. Keeping hair properly moisturized is the key to having healthy hair and retaining growth. Good luck to you on your journey.

Congrats to you.

In my opinion you don't need a pick (you can get one if you want to) a wide tooth comb will likely be fine. As far a regimen, you want to make sure you have a good daily moisturizer. Keeping hair properly moisturized is the key to having healthy hair and retaining growth. Good luck to you on your journey.

Any recommendations? What do you think about daily wetting?

Shandell

Alright now! That's what I'm talking about just cut it off no long transition...your hair is going to grow beautifully! Congratulations! Hopefully the 4b veterans will come in and give you some regimen advice.

Hey Girl,
I was waiting on you. I replied to the wrong Loo oops!! I posted a comment to your blog on your last entry. Let me know what you think.

Thanks ladies for the compliments and well wishes!