Have a widow's peak? Gots a question for you...

AsTheCurlzTurns

Anyone who has a widow's peak, do you find that if you leave your hair to do what it wants to do, it finds itself wanting to part at the point of the peak?

I have a widow's peak and in all my years of doing my own hair, I've never noticed that it would do this. It's as if though you intentionally parted your hair right there, but there's no real parting being done, it'll just move from the other side as if it got turned off from the opposite sex instead of having relations
.:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I admit I have worn middle partings before, but since being natural, I've only done it like 2-3 times(like my siggie) but haven't done this in awhile though.

C

cieramichele

My hair line is like yours.
I never really thought about it. It depended more on how I flat ironed it. guess it did.

ayoung

Hmmm, mind doesn't, but i cant have a middle part---it hasto be on either side of the peak or it looks crazy:drunk:

caribgirl

Oh wow! I just looked in the mirror and guess what- a "natural" part right at the widow's peak :lachen::lachen::lachen:. Never noticed that at all.

AsTheCurlzTurns

LOL ladies! Thanks so much, guess I'm not alone in this then....I don't know why I didn't notice mine's before now. Never even happened that I KNOW of while I was relaxed.

misschee

ive never noticed mine part... next time i take my hair out i will let it do its thang and see if it does it

LoveLiLi

I have a widow's peak and I would part my hair on the side instead of in the middle because I could rarely get it to look right. I would end up doing a part that was slightly off center, but it gave the same effect.

I am transitioning now and I pluck my widow's peak away because I just don't like it.

Eisani

I have a widow's peak and I would part my hair on the side instead of in the middle because I could rarely get it to look right. I would end up doing a part that was slightly off center, but it gave the same effect.

I am transitioning now and I pluck my widow's peak away because I just don't like it.

:whyme:Don't do that! I just hate to see anyone attempting to rid themselves of their peak. Awww, I feel sorry for those hairs...

Ms Lala

I pluck mine too! I hate it.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Yep it actually wants to do it's own thing, huh? LOL, it's weird to me, but I am cool with mine's.

Awwww, I can understand how you feel, I used to, notice I said USED TO, SHAVE mine's off. But that was like years ago, right before the Halle Berry cut made it's entrance. But I've left it alone all this time, because it would constantly grow back. I was just scared that it'll make me look like the lil one on Munsters, Eddie I think his name was!:lachen::lachen::lachen:So now I just embrace it!:grin:

Angkin73

I love love love my widows peak. When I was relaxed I would part my hair right beside it, because my mother always told me not to part in the center. Plus I like mine so much I didn't want a permanent part to mess it up.

I have found myself looking at other peoples hair line before and thinking how weird some of them look that don't have the peak. I thinks it adds a special touch to my hair.

I also have a cow lick in the back of my head at the hair line. You know where the hair naturally goes upwards, like a cow done licked the back of your head.:lachen: Makes it kinda hard to get your hair even in the back.

DivaD04

ATCT, when i was a kid, i had a widows peak but i took some scissors and cut it out...my granny was like, "ur suppose to keep ur peak, blah blah blah", but it never grew back. but my dd has a cowlick where the widows pieak should be at that slaps the hairs to the right...combing her hair in the front:nono:

LoveLiLi

:whyme:Don't do that! I just hate to see anyone attempting to rid themselves of their peak. Awww, I feel sorry for those hairs...

Lol, the hairs have gone to the other side - they'll be okay. I pluck them so the skin in that area will stay smooth and the skintone will stay even. I don't think it would look right if I let my widow's peak grow in because the hairs are extra straight now.

SheenaVee

I have one! and yes it does that natural part. if i wash it and just comb it all bck it will flop bck into that part. i used to hate it and always used to try to hide it or cover it. i shaved it once and it grew bck. now i love it i dnt know y. it jus grew on me lol.

Eisani

I love love love my widows peak. When I was relaxed I would part my hair right beside it, because my mother always told me not to part in the center. Plus I like mine so much I didn't want a permanent part to mess it up.

I have found myself looking at other peoples hair line before and thinking how weird some of them look that don't have the peak. I thinks it adds a special touch to my hair.

I also have a cow lick in the back of my head at the hair line. You know where the hair naturally goes upwards, like a cow done licked the back of your head.:lachen: Makes it kinda hard to get your hair even in the back.

I do the same thing:lachen:ITA, it adds a special touch to the hairline. I find myself thinking some folks need a peak or SOMETHING to break up all that forehead space :lachen:

Sweet_Ambrosia

Anyone who has a widow's peak, do you find that if you leave your hair to do what it wants to do, it finds itself wanting to part at the point of the peak?

I have a widow's peak and in all my years of doing my own hair, I've never noticed that it would do this. It's as if though you intentionally parted your hair right there, but there's no real parting being done, it'll just move from the other side as if it got turned off from the opposite sex instead of having relations
.:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I admit I have worn middle partings before, but since being natural, I've only done it like 2-3 times(like my siggie) but haven't done this in awhile though.

Yeah sometimes, it doesn’t really bother me all that much though. I haven’t worn a middle part in a longgg while, my widow’s peak makes it look kinda funny, one of the main reasons why I prefer side parts instead. :lol:

AsTheCurlzTurns

LOL I feel the same way. I have seen some where I THOUGHT they may have had a widow's peak and either cut it or shaved it off. You know how your skin is sort of a different color from your forehead. And it just kind of makes me think they did same thing I did years ago because of not liking it or makes them look weird.
ATCT, when i was a kid, i had a widows peak but i took some scissors and cut it out...my granny was like, "ur suppose to keep ur peak, blah blah blah", but it never grew back. but my dd has a cowlick where the widows pieak should be at that slaps the hairs to the right...combing her hair in the front:nono:
It never grew back??? And all you did was cut it off? Hmmm, it shoulda grown back by now LOL
Lol, the hairs have gone to the other side - they'll be okay. I pluck them so the skin in that area will stay smooth and the skintone will stay even. I don't think it would look right if I let my widow's peak grow in because the hairs are extra straight now.
Ohhhhhh that word "plucking" just makes me squirmmmm....how'd you even handle that LOL I just don't know. I can't even stand to pluck a splinter out of my own finger, much less try to do it on my head LOL!
My sister has one. I think it's cute. I sent her a link to this thread but she never posts.
Awww, tell your sister, God gave that to her, and it's just one of her beauty marks!:grin:
I have one! and yes it does that natural part. if i wash it and just comb it all bck it will flop bck into that part. i used to hate it and always used to try to hide it or cover it. i shaved it once and it grew bck. now i love it i dnt know y. it jus grew on me lol.
Ummm you shole sound just like me!!!:lol: I did that and when that Halle Berry cut came out. I just covered it with that feathered bang that I got with the cut. And didn't even try to shave it off while growing out the layers. Just figured if it's gonna keep coming back, may as well leave it alone.
I do the same thing:lachen:ITA, it adds a special touch to the hairline. I find myself thinking some folks need a peak or SOMETHING to break up all that forehead space :lachen:
OMGosh :lol::lachen::lachen::lachen: You :badgirl:

And for those who part their hair on the side, what's the purpose in this? To cover up that widow's peak? Nahhh stop that!! Embrace your peaks ladies!:grin:

Cowlicks? I can say I haven't had one of those at all, but I do know my youngest daughter has one right smack dab in the center of the top of her head. No matter what I put on it, that area will NOT stay down LOL. So to combat that, I just smooth around it and give her some lil curlies to match it LOL She's only 17mos.

DivaD04

annoying *** riahan, she needs one for that big *** forehead.:lachen: ooo let me stop b4 she reads this:look:

ACTV...i kid you not, i was about 7-8, i was at my granny's, i looked in the mirror and i did not like what i've seen...i chopped it out. it was't a wide peak so when my hair grew back, i guess it just grew more straight around. but in my avatar you may notice some hair out...it was my peak...but hair will never grow out there for the rest of my life, it'll always stay thin and as it's fine hairs but it used to be mature hair when i was little. I guess God knew I didn't like it or something. but my granny said it was bad luck...she's so country:grin:, she's really superstitious:look:!

Last edited: