Have any ladies used henna and brahmi powder together

mzsophisticated26

I brought some jamila henna for hair from a local indian market. I also wanted indigo but they did not have any and the lady suggested I use brahmi if I wanted to make sure my hair stays dark. I did a search and I see some ladies use brahmi with arithni, amla or neem etc. but I did not come across anyone that use it with henna kinda like henna/indigo. I know brahmi is use for growth and moisturizing powder but can I use it with henna?

Mrs. Verde

If you want your hair dark and not red, I would wait until you get some indigo. Brahmi might darken your hair over time. I don't think it will darken the henna like indigo.

Platinum

I use Brahmi and Maka powders with my henna. It neutralizes some of the redness of the Henna (my grays will still turn red though :ohwell:) but like Mrs Verde states, it won't darken the hair as much as Indigo will.

Tiye

I have henna that came premixed with brahmi and a few other ayurvedic herbs. It's a good conditioning treatment but you're still going to get red-brown dye release - it's not a substitute for indigo black.

mzsophisticated26

Thanks ladies, my hair is colored permanent jet black which I did over 6mths ago and I am tired of applying rinses. I am trying to thicken up my hair strands and keep my hair color. I looked into cassia but I want the stronger effects of henna

tatiana

I did that last week because my leftover henna mix was too watery. I also mixed in Kapoor Kachli which is suppose to make hair "thick, lustrous and fragrant".

I thought the results was nice and my hair smelled nice. It was nice and dark like I wanted.

My hair was not as dark as henna and indigo but more like a Soft Black.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I have Nupur henna which has several powders in it already. I wonder if I can use it with conditioner to color my grays. I don't care if my grays are red, I just don't want them white.:rolleyes:

Krystle~Hime

Thanks ladies, my hair is colored permanent jet black which I did over 6mths ago and I am tired of applying rinses. I am trying to thicken up my hair strands and keep my hair color. I looked into cassia but I want the stronger effects of henna

Just a note about this :
henna effects are same as cassia's, but I've read a lot that cassia's are less permanent.
as we(and I think also you) don't do ONE treatment every 6 months but monthly and often even bi-monthly, effects will stay.
I'm seriously happy with cassia, I (used to :yep:) have fine hair, and since 2 months I'm discovering nice thick hair :drunk: and my hair has still his nice jet black color.
I now add amla/brahmi and maka to cassia mixture.
so don't worry, if you are looking for henna effects and properties, without the red dye, you should go for cassia. :yep: