Have we found a replacement shampoo for old Creme of Nature shampoo (green bottle?)

ellebelle88

Hey guys, I haven't really been on the hair part of the forum in the past couple of years. Anyway, I was wondering if there is any shampoo on the market now that is remotely comparable to Creme of Nature's old shampoo in the green bottle.

I swear, I have about 10 bottles of different shampoos (Trade Joes, Shea Moisture, KeraPro from Sallys, etc etc) and they ALL strip my hair something seriously and leave my natural hair and hot tangled mess.

So I don't normally use shampoos, but after 3-4 months of straight conditioner washing, I feel like I need to clarify and deep clean my hair and I'm looking at all these shampoos I have and my heart hurts. Please tell me some kind of shampoo is out there that is as good as Creme of Nature's old formula?

silenttullip

Re: Have we found a replacement shampoo for old Creme of Nature shampoo (green bottle

well creme of nature argan oil shampoo is comparative to the old con according to myself and many others.

13StepsAhead

Re: Have we found a replacement shampoo for old Creme of Nature shampoo (green bottle

Have you ever tried shampoo bars? I really like bobeam (on etsy) Cheri's hibiscus. It's super moisturizing and cleans my hair really well. Overall I like this better the CON. I also found Elucence MB poo to be better IMO than the CON.

ellebelle88

Thank you! I have been always meaning to try Elucence! It's just that it isn't found in stores and I hate becoming addicted to something that I have to regularly order.

beana

I second the elucence mb recommendation. Also, if you're not sensitive about sulfates design essentials moisture retention shampoo leaves the hair feeling super soft and detangled.

vfee

Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo is very similar.....

GIJane

I use Chagrin Valley's poo bars.

TheNDofUO

I second CON Argan oil

MACGlossChick

In addition to the CON argan, I also like Shea Moisture shampoos. The three I have tried (Shea butter, coconut & hibiscus, and yucca & baobab) are all moisturizing, just depends what fragrance you like.

candy626

Motions Moisturizing Shampoo is pretty damn close to the old Creme of Nature formula.

MsSanz92

I second the Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo or Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo. Elasta QP's Creme Conditioning Shampoo is also good and it's cheap (~$3 a bottle) and sulfate free!

JazziLady!

Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo. Way better than The old CON. Great for relaxed and natural hair!

JazziLady!

Also there are lots of recent posts on here about cowashing being bad for your hair as it clogs pores, causes follicle issues which makes hair fall out and thin. So be careful and make sure you are cleaning your scalps between cowashing. You will love Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo. It is so moisturizing that I really have no reason to co wash anymore. I am texlaxed but also use it on my daughter who is natural, I am a product junkie and have tried ERTHANG! This is the best!

Honi

There is no board.
Hmmm I may try it. Elucence is not comparable. No slip but I love the peachy smell. I haven't found argan CON in stores like target yet. Just the horrible versions.

Keracare would be the closest to it.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density

Aubrey Organic White Camellia works great for me. I usually buy it on sale because the regular price isn't as cheap as some of these others.