Have we found a replacement shampoo for old Creme of Nature shampoo (green bottle?)

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by ellebelle88, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ellebelle88

ellebelle88 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys, I haven't really been on the hair part of the forum in the past couple of years. Anyway, I was wondering if there is any shampoo on the market now that is remotely comparable to Creme of Nature's old shampoo in the green bottle.

I swear, I have about 10 bottles of different shampoos (Trade Joes, Shea Moisture, KeraPro from Sallys, etc etc) and they ALL strip my hair something seriously and leave my natural hair and hot tangled mess.

So I don't normally use shampoos, but after 3-4 months of straight conditioner washing, I feel like I need to clarify and deep clean my hair and I'm looking at all these shampoos I have and my heart hurts. Please tell me some kind of shampoo is out there that is as good as Creme of Nature's old formula?

2. silenttullip

silenttullip Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Re: Have we found a replacement shampoo for old Creme of Nature shampoo (green bottle

well creme of nature argan oil shampoo is comparative to the old con according to myself and many others.

3. 13StepsAhead

13StepsAhead Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Re: Have we found a replacement shampoo for old Creme of Nature shampoo (green bottle

Have you ever tried shampoo bars? I really like bobeam (on etsy) Cheri's hibiscus. It's super moisturizing and cleans my hair really well. Overall I like this better the CON. I also found Elucence MB poo to be better IMO than the CON.

4. ellebelle88

ellebelle88 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

Thank you! I have been always meaning to try Elucence! It's just that it isn't found in stores and I hate becoming addicted to something that I have to regularly order.

5. beana

beana Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I second the elucence mb recommendation. Also, if you're not sensitive about sulfates design essentials moisture retention shampoo leaves the hair feeling super soft and detangled.

6. vfee

vfee New Member

Blog Posts:

Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo is very similar.....

7. GIJane

GIJane New Member

Blog Posts:

I use Chagrin Valley's poo bars.

8. TheNDofUO

TheNDofUO Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

I second CON Argan oil

9. MACGlossChick

MACGlossChick Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    In addition to the CON argan, I also like Shea Moisture shampoos. The three I have tried (Shea butter, coconut & hibiscus, and yucca & baobab) are all moisturizing, just depends what fragrance you like.

10. candy626

candy626 New Member

Blog Posts:

Motions Moisturizing Shampoo is pretty damn close to the old Creme of Nature formula.

11. MsSanz92

MsSanz92 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

I second the Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo or Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo. Elasta QP's Creme Conditioning Shampoo is also good and it's cheap (~$3 a bottle) and sulfate free!

12. JazziLady!

JazziLady! Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo. Way better than The old CON. Great for relaxed and natural hair!

13. JazziLady!

JazziLady! Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Also there are lots of recent posts on here about cowashing being bad for your hair as it clogs pores, causes follicle issues which makes hair fall out and thin. So be careful and make sure you are cleaning your scalps between cowashing. You will love Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo. It is so moisturizing that I really have no reason to co wash anymore. I am texlaxed but also use it on my daughter who is natural, I am a product junkie and have tried ERTHANG! This is the best!

14. Honi

Honi There is no board.

Blog Posts:
    Hmmm I may try it. Elucence is not comparable. No slip but I love the peachy smell. I haven't found argan CON in stores like target yet. Just the horrible versions.

Keracare would be the closest to it.

15. uofmpanther

uofmpanther 4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density

Blog Posts:

Aubrey Organic White Camellia works great for me. I usually buy it on sale because the regular price isn't as cheap as some of these others.