Have you ever brought something for your hair and it was a waste?

Curlygirly9

Hawaiian silky oil moisturizer- Still have a full bottle way too greasy
TCB lite hair and scalp conditioner- Full container
Herbal Essences Long term Relationship- gives me headaches
Shea Moisture raw shea butter deep treatment masque- I was allergic so I returned it
Garnier fructis wet shine gel
Qhemet Biologics amla and olive heavy cream- Way too heavy I should have gotten the Burdock root butter cream
Elasta QP olive and mango butter
Kinky curly curling custard- worked but was too sticky. I love the KCKT though
Organics shea butter plus

Curlykale

where do I start

- denman brush (=split ends, breakage on top)
- shea butter (crazy tangled mess)
- avocado (protein overload)
- cheap gels with with glycerin (my hair gets crunchy and dry)
- cheap puddings/moisturizers with mineral oil (my hair smells of burnt stuff, looses elasticity and stops absorbing moisture)
- cheap silicone conditioners (my hair gets stiff and dull)

Oils never disappoint me. They know I'd eat or fry them if they tried.

StarScream35

Girl are you kidding me? I could probably have over a grand in savings if it weren't for products I thought had potential.

Tangle Tamer
Denman Brush

and countless hair products!

beautyaddict1913

I bought 3 bottles of ayurvedic oils from the indian grocery store. The bottles did not have the ingredients on the outside packaging and you know "Rahmeesh and 'nem" was following me around the store so I couldnt look inside and read. Each formulation contained cones and mineral oil, both of which my hair HATES! I gave it a shot and just couldnt use it. It did nothing for moisture and it stinks to high heaven. Plus the oil is green! I felt like I was putting anti-freeze on my hair lol. It was horrible! I bought them earlier this month and threw them away yesterday. Cuz yall know Rahmeesh aint giving no refunds lol. You live and learn!

Mz.MoMo5235

I bought 3 bottles of ayurvedic oils from the indian grocery store. The bottles did not have the ingredients on the outside packaging and you know "Rahmeesh and 'nem" was following me around the store so I couldnt look inside and read. Each formulation contained cones and mineral oil, both of which my hair HATES! I gave it a shot and just couldnt use it. It did nothing for moisture and it stinks to high heaven. Plus the oil is green! I felt like I was putting anti-freeze on my hair lol. It was horrible! I bought them earlier this month and threw them away yesterday. Cuz yall know Rahmeesh aint giving no refunds lol. You live and learn!

Lol yeah its like that IN INDIA too! I was so mad thinking I was going to get all these crazy great oils to find out the 1st ingredient on the list is mineral oil! Now Raveeh knows I didnt spend all these rupees for no mineral oil!!! :lachen: fml

Son26

Jane Carter Nourish & Shine. I bought it after reading rave reviews about it. Spent 20 (amazon). Complete waste - left my hair dry and coated. I threw it away.

starfish79

Oh yes there have been many products cluttering my cabinets. I think for me the worst offenders are shea butter (my hair ended up a hard tangle mess) and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose ( is just didn't work....ever).

choctaw

beautyaddict1913,

I bought Dabur Jasmine amla oil and was surprised to see that it was green and the smell kept me awake. I donated it the garbage disposal to lubricate the blades. I liked the Vatika oil but only purchased it a few times. My best buys at the Indian grocer are powders, henna, cooking oils (coconut, almond, sesame, etc.) and rosewater.

I like to make my own ayurvedic oils so that I know what is in them -- that green amla oil was a nightmare. Sorry to hear that they follow you around. My Indian grocer is very nice to all of his customers. I have been followed in another store years ago and it pissed me off. :nono:

Burbujas

The Beauty without cruelty leave-in is my latest addition to the hair products graveyard. Luckily I only bought the sample size.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
KeraCare Natural Textures Leave In
AO Honeysuckle Rose and Rosa Mosquetta (decided that these really do suck)

And a host of other products, items, accessories, and the like...

PJaye

@BostonMaria

You know I is... >insert stank face< :lachen:

Is it wrong that I'm still angry about that? I dont think that's healthy mentally :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Mz.MoMo5235

No! It is absolutely vital that you keep the embers of disgust towards all things Skala burning brightly (because that's exactly what I plan on doing). :lol: That crap sucked the marrow out of my hair and I'm still tight about it.

TheNDofUO

Nunaat Chocolate Mask or something like that. Eurgh...

Did NOTHING for my.hair. washed off like it was water.

I used it to shave my legs (as I do with all Crap DC's) - it didn't even moisturise my legs! What?!
Waste of money.

Lilmama1011

Mostly everything, if I found what was great for my hair I wouldn't be on here. I see what works for other people don't work for me

TeeSGee

Silicon Mix. after reading all the rave reviews i decided to buy it and the store i got it actually ordered it for me and it SUCKED!. my hair was tangled and matted after leaving on for 10 mins. UGH!! wasted my money.

LunaGorgeous

Commercial gel/holding products. Any kind, anywhere, total waste.

I get BETTER results with raw unfiltered honey and/or flaxseeds. Best part is that it's pretty much impossible to damage your hair with those two unless you're really trying. And...no drying alcohol and nefarious ingredients. Plus, it's more much cost effective.

spellinto

LunaGorgeous said:
Commercial gel/holding products. Any kind, anywhere, total waste.

I get BETTER results with raw unfiltered honey and/or flaxseeds. Best part is that it's pretty much impossible to damage your hair with those two unless you're really trying. And...no drying alcohol and nefarious ingredients. Plus, it's more much cost effective.

Same! No gel ever works for me. I just stick to castor oil & water

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Clipless curling iron, and blow dryer....wackadoo natural hair repells these items unless I use high heat. Sucks.

Elasta QP. I think I used it twice, and dropped the rest down the sink....the jar itself was more valuable.

Sulfate free shampoo. My hair hates it, and all other shampoos. So does my boys hair. Now I have a big bottle of Renpure, with no hair to wash with it.