Have you ever found your self wanting to...

c_octavia

Ladies, have you ever gotten your hair in good conditon.. and then found your self wanting to go back to old "bad habbits?" For the past month I have been on a low/no heat challenge, as well as joining the daily washing challenge for April. I have mostly used my dryer just for conditoning and thats been pretty much the only heat. This weekend I had a few birthday parites to attend I know that I look a mess with my airdryed hair so I flat ironed, and my hair looked amazing. I am 4 weeks post perm and even though I can see and feel my new growth when I air dry It looked like I had had a fresh perm. Which is something b/c the last 5 perms I've had I haven't left in over 15 minutes, so it was kinda a texturizer effect. you know? Today after doing a conditoning treatment and airdrying with a poneytail/scarf method I noticed how shiney and soft my hair was and wanted to flat iron to see if it still looked that good. But I resisted. I honestly think the condition of my hair has improved the texture. Has any one else ever had this problem?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I did back in 2004 during the first few months as a newbie. I wanted to go back to using curling irons. The last time I used curling irons was in May 2004 I think.

Ashee

Sometimes I want to use my curly iron also, but I haven't....
Instead I bought a flat iron (about 2-3 months after I stopped using the curling iron).
I am now trying not to abuse the flat iron as I did the curly iron...
*If only I can throw out my two or three curlying irons...* :look:

balisi

I haven't heat styled in a couple of months, but I sometimes want to flat iron my hair, just for a different look. Two things stop me: the fear that the heat may damage my natural texture, and the fact that the style will keep me from working out just to maintain it.

RainbowCurls

Yes! Every time (which isn't often, about 2 times a month) I blow dry and straighten my hair... it looks sooo much better! I wish I could use heat all the time (without damaging my hair)

Angelicus

I want to wear my hair down everyday! Nooo! :whyme: I have to force myself to slather grease in my hair and make a bun so I won't touch it!