Have you ever had this braiding style?

lp318lp

Hello Ladies! :wave:

If you've ever had any of the following hairstyles, please chime in. I am supposed to get my hair done today, and was contemplating this particular style; but, I need some advice. Please answer the five questions below:

1) How did you moisturize your hair?
2) How did you wash your hair?
3) How long did you keep this style in? Recommended length to keep this style?
4) Did you experience a lot of breakage after removal?
5) Would you recommend this style to anyone else?

Thanks, gals! I know that if I needed sound advice, I can expect to get it from the world's number one HAIROLOGISTS!! :yep:

me~:rolleyes:

Attachments

• hairstyle.jpg
    hairstyle.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 76
  • hairstyle2.jpg
    hairstyle2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 72

Nonie

The last time I had cornrows that small, I was in Kenya and had access to a good braider who's been braiding our hair for years, including starting on my sister at the age of 2. She didn't pull at all and you'd sleep throughout the process. Also I rarely would just have braids ending at the nape. I'd have braids meeting at the top of my head, or center back where in a bun fashion or a French roll position fashion or meeting diagonally from from front to back the way you might do a diagonal French braid.

I used to used grease on my scalp so that's how I "moisturized" and I used to wash my hair once in two weeks so that's how long it took before I washed my head. There was no "procss" to washing: just apply shampoo, and rub head, and then sorta just undo the meeting poitn wash the cornrow tails as with a squeeze. No extension hair was added back then. I don't remember much about breakage but I had to have had some coz my hair never grew longer than 5-6 inches.

Of course this doesn't help you much coz we know that grease isn't moisture and going so long w/o washing your hair might not work for most.

If I were to have the style done again, it'd be on my terms. I'd have well conditioned hair and no product in my hair. I'd get my moisture from baggying and would probably try to go two weeks w/o washing my hair. :look: When I did wash, I'd apply shampoo along the partings and rub carefully trying not to mess up cornrows. I don't know how I'd condition coz I can see it matting my hair up.

If my hair really felt dry, then I think I'd settle for S Curl spray once between washes. For strength I might use Infusium. That'd save me feeling a need to condition.

Uber

those look like ghana braids, i never experience breakage when i had them . i didn't keep them in for more than a month i think. i would have used keracare spray at the time but now i'd probably use s-curl or something similar for moisturising. i haven't had someone braid my hair since learning about healthy hair care. i would just ensure whoever does them does not do them tight. i can't comment much on breakage after removal because i knew nothing about it when i had them.

i think you should go for it if that's what you want

TemiLnd

My answers are in purple...

1) How did you moisturize your hair?
I spray my leave-in conditioner and braid spray mix every other day.
2) How did you wash your hair?
With diluted shampoo. I gentle rub it along the path and rinse then use diluted conditioner.
3) How long did you keep this style in? Recommended length to keep this style?
2-3 weeks
4) Did you experience a lot of breakage after removal?
Nope
5) Would you recommend this style to anyone else?
Yep, this is a standard PS for me esp in the summer when i don't want braids. Below is a pic of one of my styles, more in my fotki.