Have you ever wanted to just bust someone out about their hair? long meaningless rant

I'm not one to tell grown folks what to do, and I'm not one to try to embarrass anyone, but sometimes I get the urge to just bust some people out.

Here's what happened yesterday...

I've been talking to a friend of mine about my natural hair/BC and whatnot. She's also natural, but she presses so much that her texture has changed. But her hair looks okay enough regardless, and is APL. So she brings up some girl in one of her classes, that is also natural. She asks me if my natural hair will look like hers. I ask her to describe the girl's hair and she says that her hair has a lot of little waves in it, and looked very different from the natural hair she's seen. I start to think that maybe she has a hair type similar to silvergirl, sorta a mix of loosely curled and wavy textures. Well yesterday we went to pick up some old assignments from her professor, and I went into the classroom with her, and she pointed out the girl.

:look: :look: :look: :look: :look: :look:

I thought I was going to pass out. Ol girl had a braidout. No questions about it. It was very nicely done, but not natural in any way shape or form. She was obviously relaxed as well. I thought my friend must have heard wrong about this girl being natural, but my friend swears that this girl talks about never having a relaxer and how her hair isn't like most black girls, etc...:ohwell:

So I give her the benefit of a doubt. Maybe she's natural, but presses her hair and wears braidouts. So I go up to her, and I say "Wow, your hair is so thick and gorgeous, my friend tells me you're natural, I just made the transition myself. I hope my hair will grow in as gorgeous as yours!"

She smiled, and was very nice, and very phony as well. She says something to the tune of "Well I was lucky that my hair waves up naturally, and I just wet it and it dries just like this"

:lachen:After all of that, I'm starting to think ol girl is on crack. I still want to give her the benefit of a doubt, but my friend agrees that the girl must be living in a fantasy world because she tells people she drives a BMW and Lexus but one of their classmates has seen her NUMEROUS times at the bustop.

Why lie to people? Someone is going to bust you out sooner or later. I wanted to get righteous with her about her hair. Yes, there are many black women whose hair is wavy NATURALLY, but I am 100% sure Maury that her hair was a good ol BRAIDOUT on relaxed hair. :nono:

This reminds me of some girl in my history class a few semesters ago who commented that guys always think her weave is her natural hair. HER BUSTED *** WEAVE YALL! It was some cheap weave that she had in for the entire semester+ and it was matted and I swear the tracks were waving at me.:rolleyes:

Ever wanted to bust someone out about their hair? Some people...

HoneyDew

Re: Have you ever wanted to just bust someone out about their hair? long meaningless

Some people are just searching for something so they lie. I think some people really honestly believe the stuff they lie about, though.

I think the fact that she said “I am lucky that my hair…” is what gave it away. Who would say that?!?! Well, I guess there are people that would say that.

I had someone do my hair and go on and on how thick and coarse it is. She said “my hair I can just lay down with a little grease". :perplexed:look: I was looking at that stuff and she could do that because it was SO THIN! I am GLAD I cannot just LAY IT DOWN with some grease if the trade off to have that thin stuff!!!

But, you are better than me, I would not have even said anything to her. Girl I DO NOT care about these folks and their issues. If saying she is natural makes her feel good – so be it. She sounds young though. Give her 10 years and she throws all those insecurities out the window – she will be thinking back like “I was so silly”.

candy1214

Re: Have you ever wanted to just bust someone out about their hair? long meaningless

LOL!! I know what you mean, but if a person doesnt feel comfortable discussing their hair...I just leave 'em be.

A couple of months ago I walked into the Aveda store and a Black lady behind the counter greeted me and asked me if i needed any help.

So I went on about how I've heard rave reviews about Aveda DR and Smooth Infusion.

She exclaims, "oh yes! they're great!!"

So I inquired about her regimine, you know...how ofted does she wash and how often she uses the intensive reconstructor, etc.

This **** says..."well my hair is natural and i wash about 3 x's per week...."

Now I consider myself to be a weave connoisseur and I could SEE the tracks at the scalp closest to her forehead. :nono: However, I just nodded and allowed her to continue on b/c I was thinking that maybe she WAS natural but had a weave in to protect her hair.

She moves on to tell me that she uses the Universal styling creme on her ends b/c it helps soften them and make them curl nicely and she grabs the weave hair and holds it for me to see. :wallbash: ....and I walked out.

gone_fishing

I would not have been able to stop myself from pointing at one of her tracks and saying ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what's that?:rolleyes:

glamazon386

LOL!! I know what you mean, but if a person doesnt feel comfortable discussing their hair...I just leave 'em be.

A couple of months ago I walked into the Aveda store and a Black lady behind the counter greeted me and asked me if i needed any help.

So I went on about how I've heard rave reviews about Aveda DR and Smooth Infusion.

So I inquired about her regimine, you know...how ofted does she wash and how often she uses the intensive reconstructor, etc.

Now I consider myself to be a weave connoisseur and I could SEE the tracks at the scalp closest to her forehead. :nono: However, I just nodded and allowed her to continue on b/c I was thinking that maybe she WAS natural but had a weave in to protect her hair.

She moves on to tell me that she uses the Universal styling creme on her ends b/c it helps soften them and make them curl nicely and she grabs the weave hair and holds it for me to see. :wallbash: ....and I walked out.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Just wrong. She probably was natural under the weave but why would you waste expensive Aveda products on weave hair that isn't even yours? That doesn't make sense to me. But anyway... that's why I don't comment on hair unless somebody specifically asks me. I don't want to step on anybodys toes. And if I were to give some advice or something I'm sure they'd be looking at me like well I never see your hair so umm I'm not sure that you even have any. :look:

Last edited:

gone_fishing

It's gone the opposite way for me a few times. Some people swear I have a relaxer but I just press my hair (taking a break at the moment) or use a roller set with a lot of setting lotion. My hair would never fro up but it surely didn't have the waves. Not even close. My parents genes did not mix well at all. When I let my hair airdry I look like a chia pet. It's not a fro...it's more like a frizzy mess...like a dandelion when the yellow has gone away and onl the white whispy stuff is left - that's my hair. :nono: So if I just do the wash and go thing...I keep a spray bottle to keep my chia from getting too big. I wish it would fro or wave or something but it just ummm...without some heat it just is a terrible mess.

It presses really easy though so I'm thankful for that. :yep:

Yea, the whole situation was just weird because her hair did look very nice, so obviously she was taking care of it. But why lie? Why try to make others feel inferior because they aren't "lucky" to have hair like yours? But she's nuts anyway.

And the Aveda lady, that would make me angry. I'm sure the products work excellent, but don't try to use false advertising. GEEZ

Bmore, I feel the same way too. Especially since I'm going to be using sew-ins for a while. I want to give out hair advice sometimes, but I know people think "why are you wearing weaves then?". Oh well.

candy1214

It's gone the opposite way for me a few times. Some people swear I have a relaxer but I just press my hair (taking a break at the moment) or use a roller set with a lot of setting lotion. My hair would never fro up but it surely didn't have the waves. Not even close. My parents genes did not mix well at all. When I let my hair airdry I look like a chia pet. It's not a fro...it's more like a frizzy mess...like a dandelion when the yellow has gone away and onl the white whispy stuff is left - that's my hair. :nono: So if I just do the wash and go thing...I keep a spray bottle to keep my chia from getting too big. I wish it would fro or wave or something but it just ummm...without some heat it just is a terrible mess.

It presses really easy though so I'm thankful for that. :yep:

wow Adequate your hair really looks as though it's been relaxed. LIAR!! :lachen:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
This whole thread has me crackin' up! You can tell these folks are young, 'cause like HoneyDew said, when they grow up they will think back that those statements and declarations were silly. Po' babies!

Ok I can agree with the fact that maybe she was protecting her natural with weave as many ladies here do but the BOLD--:lachen::lachen::lachen: LMAO

FlutterGirl

Shima hair anyone :grin::grin:

Okay I'm gonna stay out of this topic, LMAO !

C

chica_canella

One thing I hate is for someone with no hair or unhealthy hair or hair shorter than mine, try and tell me about my hair. Or why do I wear braids. It's my business. And then I hate for someone who presses their hair to try and tell me how unnatural a relaxer or telaxer is. I am like, getting your hair blowdryed, pressed and then curled is probably worse than me getting a telax every 6 months and an occassional rollerset. So please, spare me the drama!:look:

C

chica_canella

double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosy

Yes I agree. I don't care what anyone says, Shima's hair is not real. I can spot a weave a mile away.

DayStar

i have a "friend" like this. She S-W-E-A-R-S she stopped relaxing since grade 10 but EVERY time she washes her hair her "natural" hair looks like my RELAXED HAIR. :ohwell:....We will go to parities...dance hard as H-E-L-L, lean-wit-it-rock-wit-it, thunderclap,rockaway, superman, soulja boy tell'm, crank dat...and her hair doesnt budge...doest revert....just looks like relaxed hair when wet....dyaum liar!

ladylibra

sorry to say ladies... but some of these women are just as silly in their older age. wisdom does not always follow age... :perplexed

anon123

sorry to say ladies... but some of these women are just as silly in their older age. wisdom does not always follow age... :perplexed

ain't that the truth. one of my mother's friends always swearing stuff about being half filippina and having good hair and blah blah blah that my mother knows is not true. it's a sickness.

Ladia

but I am 100% sure Maury that her hair was a good ol BRAIDOUT on relaxed hair. :nono:
(LMAO) :grin::lachen::grin::lachen::grin::lachen::grin: YA'LL GONNA GET ME WROTE UP FOR LAUGHING SO LOUD!!!!

_belle

:lachen::lachen::lachen:this is a sidenote: but on the same issue of busting people out about their hair. . . so after become active on here and getting my hair back together. . . I practically had to OVERHAUL my products. just think about not having good shampoos/conditioners/moisturizers/combs/etc. . . so I had to pretty much buy EVERYTHING. . . so my old roomie has been around me a couple of times when I have done my hair and when I bought stuff. now pretty much everytime I leave the house, I like to stop past the random BSS or go in the grocery store or something just to look. we go out friday, and after leaving a restaurant I wanna stop past the BSS, she's all in her feelings. but I ignore her ass, shyt im grown AND I'm driving. lol im looking at some stuff. she goes "all that money u spent, it's not even working". . . woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow u can't POSSIBLY be serious!!!!! my hair has never been healthier. of course it's not longer, because i clipped my ends after a bad relaxer, plus I always wear my hair pinned up in curls. . . I kinda wanted to jab her in the mouth and then tell her that MY hair Sh*ts on hers. . . but I decided to be a better person. but SERIOUSLY!!!!! she went from a silky sewn in weave that she didn't wash or condition and kept in too long to rotten a*s micros that she doesn't wash or condition and that she's keeping in too long. . . come on now man. I could have taken the sass from someone else, but not from her rotten hair having tail. kinda wanted to make her tail WALK home. :sad:

JerriBlank

I'm not one to tell grown folks what to do, and I'm not one to try to embarrass anyone, but sometimes I get the urge to just bust some people out.

Here's what happened yesterday...

I've been talking to a friend of mine about my natural hair/BC and whatnot. She's also natural, but she presses so much that her texture has changed. But her hair looks okay enough regardless, and is APL. So she brings up some girl in one of her classes, that is also natural. She asks me if my natural hair will look like hers. I ask her to describe the girl's hair and she says that her hair has a lot of little waves in it, and looked very different from the natural hair she's seen. I start to think that maybe she has a hair type similar to silvergirl, sorta a mix of loosely curled and wavy textures. Well yesterday we went to pick up some old assignments from her professor, and I went into the classroom with her, and she pointed out the girl.

:look: :look: :look: :look: :look: :look:

I thought I was going to pass out. Ol girl had a braidout. No questions about it. It was very nicely done, but not natural in any way shape or form. She was obviously relaxed as well. I thought my friend must have heard wrong about this girl being natural, but my friend swears that this girl talks about never having a relaxer and how her hair isn't like most black girls, etc...:ohwell:

So I give her the benefit of a doubt. Maybe she's natural, but presses her hair and wears braidouts. So I go up to her, and I say "Wow, your hair is so thick and gorgeous, my friend tells me you're natural, I just made the transition myself. I hope my hair will grow in as gorgeous as yours!"

She smiled, and was very nice, and very phony as well. She says something to the tune of "Well I was lucky that my hair waves up naturally, and I just wet it and it dries just like this"

:lachen:After all of that, I'm starting to think ol girl is on crack. I still want to give her the benefit of a doubt, but my friend agrees that the girl must be living in a fantasy world because she tells people she drives a BMW and Lexus but one of their classmates has seen her NUMEROUS times at the bustop.

Why lie to people? Someone is going to bust you out sooner or later. I wanted to get righteous with her about her hair. Yes, there are many black women whose hair is wavy NATURALLY, but I am 100% sure Maury that her hair was a good ol BRAIDOUT on relaxed hair. :nono:

This reminds me of some girl in my history class a few semesters ago who commented that guys always think her weave is her natural hair. HER BUSTED *** WEAVE YALL! It was some cheap weave that she had in for the entire semester+ and it was matted and I swear the tracks were waving at me.:rolleyes:

Ever wanted to bust someone out about their hair? Some people...

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

i have a "friend" like this. She S-W-E-A-R-S she stopped relaxing since grade 10 but EVERY time she washes her hair her "natural" hair looks like my RELAXED HAIR. :ohwell:....We will go to parities...dance hard as H-E-L-L, lean-wit-it-rock-wit-it, thunderclap,rockaway, superman, soulja boy tell'm, crank dat...and her hair doesnt budge...doest revert....just looks like relaxed hair when wet....dyaum liar!

this is a sidenote: but on the same issue of busting people out about their hair. . . so after become active on here and getting my hair back together. . . I practically had to OVERHAUL my products. just think about not having good shampoos/conditioners/moisturizers/combs/etc. . . so I had to pretty much buy EVERYTHING. . . so my old roomie has been around me a couple of times when I have done my hair and when I bought stuff. now pretty much everytime I leave the house, I like to stop past the random BSS or go in the grocery store or something just to look. we go out friday, and after leaving a restaurant I wanna stop past the BSS, she's all in her feelings. but I ignore her ass, shyt im grown AND I'm driving. lol im looking at some stuff. she goes "all that money u spent, it's not even working". . . woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow u can't POSSIBLY be serious!!!!! my hair has never been healthier. of course it's not longer, because i clipped my ends after a bad relaxer, plus I always wear my hair pinned up in curls. . . I kinda wanted to jab her in the mouth and then tell her that MY hair Sh*ts on hers. . . but I decided to be a better person. but SERIOUSLY!!!!! she went from a silky sewn in weave that she didn't wash or condition and kept in too long to rotten a*s micros that she doesn't wash or condition and that she's keeping in too long. . . come on now man. I could have taken the sass from someone else, but not from her rotten hair having tail. kinda wanted to make her tail WALK home. :sad:
Put her matted hair a$$ out!!!LOL!!!!Bumping her gums with that mess on her head! The nerve!!!

[She moves on to tell me that she uses the Universal styling creme on her ends b/c it helps soften them and make them curl nicely and she grabs the weave hair and holds it for me to see. :wallbash: ....and I walked out.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
This whole thread is hilarious!!!

leleepop

I personally wouldnt want to lie about a weave.lol I dont try to explain how I got my texture either. Its too complicated to explain, so I try to avoid the convo to certain ppl. Generally Ppl who are not interested in haircare.

Sugarhoney

:lachen::lachen::lachen: This post is too hilarious!

That weave thing was a mess.

mahoganee

:lachen::lachen::lachen:this is a sidenote: but on the same issue of busting people out about their hair. . . so after become active on here and getting my hair back together. . . I practically had to OVERHAUL my products. just think about not having good shampoos/conditioners/moisturizers/combs/etc. . . so I had to pretty much buy EVERYTHING. . . so my old roomie has been around me a couple of times when I have done my hair and when I bought stuff. now pretty much everytime I leave the house, I like to stop past the random BSS or go in the grocery store or something just to look. we go out friday, and after leaving a restaurant I wanna stop past the BSS, she's all in her feelings. but I ignore her ass, shyt im grown AND I'm driving. lol im looking at some stuff. she goes "all that money u spent, it's not even working". . . woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow u can't POSSIBLY be serious!!!!! my hair has never been healthier. of course it's not longer, because i clipped my ends after a bad relaxer, plus I always wear my hair pinned up in curls. . . I kinda wanted to jab her in the mouth and then tell her that MY hair Sh*ts on hers. . . but I decided to be a better person. but SERIOUSLY!!!!! she went from a silky sewn in weave that she didn't wash or condition and kept in too long to rotten a*s micros that she doesn't wash or condition and that she's keeping in too long. . . come on now man. I could have taken the sass from someone else, but not from her rotten hair having tail. kinda wanted to make her tail WALK home. :sad:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:You sound like me!!

_belle

and you are a MUCH better better than me. because if someone tried to show me the ends of some wet n wavy, i would have snatched it out or said something slick like, "if you knew u were gonna lie to me, u should have pulled out a little more hair to cover that track you got bobby pinned in at the top"