Have You Heard From Your Hair Stylist(s)?

Black Ambrosia

I sent a message to mine today. She is back to work already. I'm going to wait until the end of June to see how things progress. But I am planning on getting a haircut by the end of June. That gives her enough time to work with some other people and work out any issues.
I probably won't get my hair done for awhile so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt. :look:

It might be better to go sooner than later. If you go now your stylist hasn't been exposed to as many people and the salon traffic should be lighter than it'll be in a few weeks.

faithVA

I probably won't get my hair done for awhile so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt. :look:

It might be better to go sooner than later. If you go now your stylist hasn't been exposed to as many people and the salon traffic should be lighter than it'll be in a few weeks.

I understand. It's a crap shoot either way. I can go tomorrow and she already has it. I can wait a month and she gets it the day before or I get it the day before. With this virus there is no way of knowing. Even 6 months from now without a vaccine, we will still be playing the odds because people are contagious without symptoms. Everyone will have to go with their comfort levels.

I'm thinking I'm going to feel more comfortable with her than I feel going to the grocery store :lol:

awhyley

My hair stylist works at the same hotel as I do (she does hair on the side), so we're been in constant contact, since operations ceased temporarily. Once the lockdown is over next week (end of month), I'm fitna to be in the chair first week of June. :yep:

oneastrocurlie

Was supposed to get braids mid-March. State went into lockdown 5 days before. She's back open but is only doing large braids or appointments that are shorter than 6 hours until July so I guess I'll see her then? I book my regular stylist appointments a year out (one appointment like every 4 months) because she gets booked to high heavens. I'll be seeing her at the end of June.

Lita

Yes,I have..She’s only taking appointments only and this is safer,till things are better regarding COVID-19.

Happy Hair Growing!

NaturalEnigma

I was for a trim, but after hearing about the two stylists in Missouri that had Corona Virus and possibly infected 140 clients I was like nope! I feel like my stylist had the Corona Virus already though because when I saw her in January she was telling me about this really bad flu she got and all these crazy symptoms she had. We joked that the flu was trying to take her out, but I can’t be too sure becuase I know people who had really bad flus this year that thought it was the Corona Virus but when they took the antibody test they were negative.

awhyley

My hair stylist works at the same hotel as I do (she does hair on the side), so we've been in constant contact, since operations ceased temporarily. Once the lockdown is over next week (end of month), I'm fitna to be in the chair first week of June. :yep:

Just got my perm done yesterday. :yep: Burns galore, but worth it in the long run.

Cheleigh

My stylist reached out to announce she's not returning to the salon in 2020! :confused:

She says too much drama. Offered me a referral to another stylist. All I really need is a color and a trim (curly haired natural).

Black Ambrosia

My stylist just had a baby this weekend. Idk when she plans on going back to work but I plan on waiting maybe another month. This week is the first week salons can re-open here so I'll see how it goes. I may consider seeing her sooner if she's open to me going to her home. We've done that before when she was in between shops.

prettyinpurple

I went back as soon as she opened. I was way overdue for a haircut. Just a mess lol.

I got a cut on clean, dry hair as usual but didn't stay for wash and styling, so I was only there for about 30 minutes (less than that really). Left with a cute 'fro. She's in a salon suite by herself, disinfected between clients, and has you wait outside until she texts you to come inside.

Now I will be patient about getting my brows done, even though that is way overdue too sigh. Waxing is still on hold here. I'll wait at least a month after it's allowed again.

I'm not interested in wearing a mask for the length of time it takes to do my hair. So no. Even though my stylist is great, I went a good 10 years without seeing a stylist. I can manage.
Yeah that's why I skipped the usual wash and style after my haircut. I figured it was better to be in and out than to worry about the protocol for all that.

vevster

I went back as soon as she opened. I was way overdue for a haircut. Just a mess lol.

I got a cut on clean, dry hair as usual but didn't stay for wash and styling, so I was only there for about 30 minutes (less than that really). Left with a cute 'fro. She's in a salon suite by herself, disinfected between clients, and has you wait outside until she texts you to come inside.

Now I will be patient about getting my brows done, even though that is way overdue too sigh. Waxing is still on hold here. I'll wait at least a month after it's allowed again.

Yeah that's why I skipped the usual wash and style after my haircut. I figured it was better to be in and out than to worry about the protocol for all that.
This helped me with my brows

vevster

Both my colorist and the stylist that cuts me are open. My stylist says she will use gloves. How well can you cut hair with gloves?

vevster

Haircut appt 9-11-2020

Color 8-29-2020

Ugh the waiting!

My brows are still a hot mess. Anastasia has not reopened.