Healthy Hair, Healthy Scalp, and Healthy Hair Growth Challenge of 2008!

:kiss3::rocker:Hey Everyone!!!! New Challenge of 2008!!!! :orders::band:

Who want to have a healthy, shiny, bouncy, and longer hair in ONE year!? :band2:

Here the tips that will help you to success with your hair in full ONE year!!!!!

:fan: HAIR TIPS!!!! Check this out...grab your popcorns!!!! You are becoming a "self" scientist now :yep:
TRUTH ABOUT HAIR!!!! REVEALED!!! TRUTH AND LIES!!!! :busted:

:badcop::armyhat::sekret::assimilat​
Recommended Products for Hair:
Your Choice! :yep:
Protective Styles! :rocker:
Hairdressers​

If you had bad experience from hairdressers, please avoid them. Not all hairdressers are BAD, please to make sure to find hairdresser that will respect you what you want hairdresser do on your hair. If you can do it on your own hair, do it :) (I dont mean to insult you or some people here about hairdressers.)

Stretching!!!

I heard that relaxed people were supposed to relax their hair TWICE a year! Let try to stretch 3 to 6 months (maybe a year!) without any split end or bad ends. :)

Rules!
  1. Hard Brush Illegial!!! :nono:
  2. No GEL!!! :nono:
  3. No Microbraids :nono: !!!! (Box Braids :yep: awesome)
  4. Wash your hair often as much you want!! :yep:
  5. No Heats!!!! AIR DRY is REQUIRED!!!! (If you MUST use the heat for some reason, post here, try use hooded dryer in medium)
  6. Shampoo your scalp only in every wash!! :yep:
  7. Co-wash is FINE!
  8. Rollsets ARE ALLOWED! :yep:
  9. Drink water everyday!!!! :yep:
  10. You must find anything that make your hair grows faster without breakage or shedding! :yep: (just remember everyone's hair is different!)
  11. Must do protective styling 70- 99% in every month til a year !!! :yep:
  12. Moisture, moisture, and moisture is REQUIRED!!!! :yep::grin::lick:
:dance7:
OCT/ MT is AWESOME!!!​

Wanna Join the challenge!!??

Go ahead and share about the products you use for your hair to everyone, post your pictures, or ANYTHING!! Teach them your mistakes about your hair!! Have fun! :yep::cheers::circle:

Last edited:

ebzonix

finally a challenge i'm not too late to join lol definitely in.

Question. I like to deep condition with heat, saves me lots of time. So is it good to condition with eat and perhaps press your hair at all.:ohwell:

Joyful1

I'm in. I don't have a starting pic, I'm about 1/8 of an inch away from APL. :detective: Every portion of an inch counts! :lachen:

Sorry but I've got to vent.

I'm so sick if hearing members on here say that all stylists mut be avoided and cannot be trusted with your hair. There are good stylists out there that really care about hair. Not all of them just want your money.

I mean, when you make those comments, do you think about some of the good hairdressers that are on this board?

From what I can see on lhcf, many members are ruining their OWN hair by jumping on every bandwagon there is or not trimming when you SHOULD trim because of thin raggedy ends -- and many are having a race with 10 strands of hair to reach bra-strap when the rest of the hair is broken/chopped up to their neck. It comes a time when you NEED to seek professional hair help. Sheesh!

Sorry to hijack but this has been on my mind for months.

Neala21

I'm so sick if hearing members on here say that all stylists mut be avoided and cannot be trusted with your hair. There are good stylists out there that really care about hair. Not all of them just want your money.

I mean, when you make those comments, do you think about some of the good hairdressers that are on this board?

From what I can see on lhcf, many members are ruining their OWN hair by jumping on every bandwagon there is or not trimming when you SHOULD trim because of thin raggedy ends -- and many are having a race with 10 strands of hair to reach bra-strap when the rest of the hair is broken/chopped up to their neck. It comes a time when you NEED to seek professional hair help. Sheesh!

I agree that not ALL hairstylist are BAD! I just say as long as you communicate everything with your stylist there shouldn't be a problem and if you feel there is either find a new stylist or do your own hair!

Aside from this I would like to join this challenge as well since I am already doing my weave challenge.

Only thing is when I am wearing my hair outside of the weave can I use indirect heat (sitting under a hooded dryer) instead of airdrying since this can be damaging for fine hair?

My start picture is in my siggy (the very bottom one NOT the 1st one b/c that's my twin sisters)

explosiva9

Thank you FLYGIRL05! I was going to vent. I am a stylist and I try to give my clients exactly what they ask for. But hair is unpredictable and sometimes you don't know whats going to happen when you put a product in. The same way we test products on our own hair, and we should know our hair better than anyone else, is the same way the stylist puts something in but doesn't know whats going to happen until it happens. Give us a break please because not all of us are out here trying to sabotage.

I myself have had horrible experiences with stylist, but also have had some great experiences. In my case, I go to a different stylist for everything. I have one for haircuts, one for relaxers, and I do everything else myself. Some may think it's disloyal but I rather have my seperate stylists than try and be loyal to someone when I know she can't do a chemical process or she cuts too much off. I'm loyal to me and they both understand that I have to do what's right for me and my hair. If the stylist can't understand or gets angry, time to find a new one I say!

Sorry, got off the subject. Other than that, can I join? :perplexed

cupcakes

i wanna joi... but i cannot avoid heat totally i need 2 use a hooded dryer for my rollersets and my deep conditionings

You said what is right. Not all hairdressers are bad, I didnt mean to say in the wrong way. I just had those bad experiences from hairdressers, some people dont. So I edited. Thank you. :look:

Thank you FLYGIRL05! I was going to vent. I am a stylist and I try to give my clients exactly what they ask for. But hair is unpredictable and sometimes you don't know whats going to happen when you put a product in. The same way we test products on our own hair, and we should know our hair better than anyone else, is the same way the stylist puts something in but doesn't know whats going to happen until it happens. Give us a break please because not all of us are out here trying to sabotage.

I myself have had horrible experiences with stylist, but also have had some great experiences. In my case, I go to a different stylist for everything. I have one for haircuts, one for relaxers, and I do everything else myself. Some may think it's disloyal but I rather have my seperate stylists than try and be loyal to someone when I know she can't do a chemical process or she cuts too much off. I'm loyal to me and they both understand that I have to do what's right for me and my hair. If the stylist can't understand or gets angry, time to find a new one I say!

Sorry, got off the subject. Other than that, can I join? :perplexed

Sure you can join, everyone can! I am sorry that I make you feel insulted by me. I didnt mean to say this in the wrong way. :perplexed Forgive me. I want to thank you for the comment here.

TooCute

i wanna joi... but i cannot avoid heat totally i need 2 use a hooded dryer for my rollersets and my deep conditionings

I would also like to joins but need my hooded dryer for my rollersets and my deep conditionings

Also, why are micro braids bad :look:?

bermudabeauty

I am down for the health Hair Grow challenge. I do however, put heat in my hair once a week. I got to look fly at church on sunday:yawn: My starting picture is on www.publicfotki.com/bermudabeauty

Gracie

Still in it. So far I haven't used any heat and have been cowashing almost everyday. Either today or tomorrow I will clarify, protein and DC. I'm out of vitamins so I'll be picking some up.

soulie

Is it too late for me to start? And would a bobby-pinned lacefront count as a protective style?

OhmyKimB

How is everyone doing on this challege?

My hair is actually doing much much better...I finally figured out how to just keep it healthy