Healthy Hair Tips from a Pakastani Site

ChocoKitty

I found them here...

Healthy hair check
How do you know if you have healthy hair?
Pull out one strand of hair from the scalp. (Give it a quick yank to lessen the pain.) Hold an end in each hand and tug in opposite directions. Hair is naturally elastic, so if your hair stretches as you pull it, it's healthy. If it snaps and breaks under little pressure, then it is not as healthy as it could be due to the loss of some of this elasticity. Put the spring back in your hair with a weekly dose of good protein deep conditioner or hot oil treatment.

Falling hair - especially in humid weather?
Deep condition your hair regularly with a hot oil massage followed by turban therapy. After this, apply a hair pack made of castor oil, two eggs, the juice of one lemon and ground fenugreek. Apply on scalp and hair strands and cover your hair with a plastic cap so that it doesn't become messy. Wash hair after an hour followed with a good herbal conditioner.

Hair is turning reddish brown?
It means your hair needs extra nourishment. The easiest and the most effective thing that you can do is to oil your hair with good alma oil, massage it well into the roots and follow with a hot towel therapy. This treatment should be done at least twice a month for best results and late reduced to once a week.

Hair pack for flyaway hair
½ Mashed avocado, 1 tbsp mayonnaise mix together and apply to washed hair, leave on 10 minutes then rinse thoroughly.This is good for Flyaway hair

Try this herbal shampoo for healthy hair: 100 gms of Rita seeds, 100 gms of Alma Powder, 100 gms of dried shikakai powder, 20 gms of Aloe vera juice, 3 glasses of hot water. Soak rita seed in warm water, squeeze out the juice and amla powder and shikakai powder, add aloe vera juice and use as regular shampoo.

Greasy hair: ¼ cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup of your regular shampoo. Mix together and shampoo as usual.
Limp hair: After taking fresh head bath massage beer concentrating on the scalp only. Do not rinse out this will give more volume to your hair.
Soft Hair: Boil water with some tea leaves and shower with that water this will give a softer hair.

1/3 cup vodka, 1/3 cup of your favorite shampoo. Mix together and shampoo as usual. And your hair will shine ever!

Boil ¾ cup of beer until it become ¼ cup Cool and add to your shampoo and shampoo as usual. Beer is an excellent remedy for dull hair.

Grind coconut and squeeze milk from ground coconut and apply to hair and comb for 5 minutes and shampoo after 45min. or 1 hr. This reduces hair dropping and helps hair to grow thick.

To get thick hair Grind Hibiscus petals and mix with egg white and apply to hair and shampoo after 30 minutes.For thick hair: Powder date seeds and mix with egg white and apply to hair and shampoo after 30 minutes.

For thick, black hair grind coconut and squeeze milk and boil that milk. After some time the water will evaporates and you will get the oil. Massage that oil to your scalp and shampoo after 1 hr.

Make Your Hair Bounce
If your hair is dull and lifeless, you can make it bounce again with this simple method remedy. Soak 1 tbsp. fenugreek seeds (methi dana) in water overnight. Grind this to a paste and rub into your scalp. Shampoo after half an hour. After a shampoo, you can wash out your hair with a mixture of vinegar and lemon juice in a bucket of water. Just turn the entire bucket over your hair.

To get rid off those split-ends
Coat the ends of your hair with olive oil( about 1/3 of the way up) before bed and cover ends with shower cap and shampoo next morning. Do 2 to 3 times in a week.
Trim frequently.Avoid combing hardly.
Use vitamin shampoos.

Dry hair:
If you have a dry hair do not dry your hair with hair dryer after the head bath. Dry by sun or by fan air.Use soft combs.Use conditioner once in two weeks.Take a high protein diet.
If your problem is dry hair, first massage coconut or olive into your scalp. Then soak a towel in hot water, squeeze it and apply around your hair for 15 minutes. This hot-towel therapy, popular in the west also, helps the hair absorb oil and moisture. Then massage scalp once again and shampoo.

Stiff hair:
Use conditioner once in a week this will make hair little softer.
When drying hair give priority to ends.
Massage with warm coconut oil once in week an hour before head bath.
Combat static: Massage a teaspoon of mayo on clean damp hair and leave for 5 minutes and rinse out.

Silky, baby fine hair:
Take egg white from 3 eggs and Mix with enough water to make it pourable. Pour over hair and shampoo after 15 minutes.

Frizzy Hair:
Dissolve 1tsp.of Calgon Water Softener, it's available in the laundry section, in 8oz. of warm water and use it as a final rinse after you've shampooed and conditioned your hair. It will soften, detangle and help control those frizzies.

Dandruff:

Massage with carrot juice to scalp once in a week to cure dandruff.

We have an extremely simple and effective remedy - sour curds (yoghurt). Yes you've read it correctly. Apply sour curds on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Then use a regular shampoo, and voila - your hair is healthy and clean.

Another simple tip would be to oil (warm coconut oil is good) your hair and leave it overnight. Mix salt in a little lemon juice and apply on your scalp. Wash it off after an hour.

Take sour curd (yogurt) and mix with 2 table spoon of gram flour and egg white and apply. Shampoo after 1 hour. Do this once in a week for 4 to 5 week to get rid off dandruff.

Boil oat meal and massage to scalp, comb after 10 minutes and shampoo after 15 minutes. Repeat this once in week.

Mix 3 tbsp of lime juice with ¼ cup coconut oil and massage to scalp. Shampoo after 1 hour.

Mix one part of mouthwash(that's labeled antiseptic) with 9 parts of water and massage to scalp. Rinse after 10 minutes

TBird

CK, thanks for posting. Sounds like some good stuff. I had heard before that beer was good for your hair. I'm going to try some of this stuff. Why not, I've tried everything else I've heard on this board, what's a few more things.

iCandey

i like this thread...i will use fenugreek after someone tells me their results with it. I am scared to try some stuff ...like not sure about the calgon water softner....i have that reddish brown thing going on with my hair too

B

ballet_bun

For thick, black hair grind coconut and squeeze milk and boil that milk. After some time the water will evaporates and you will get the oil. Massage that oil to your scalp and shampoo after 1 hr.

-- Has anyone tried this? Could i just buy coconut milk ... or
?

ChocoKitty

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:

?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinkin' to just try the canned milk. I have like 2-3 cans sitting around. I'll try it this weekend and post my results on Monday.

blackhair

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
For thick, black hair grind coconut and squeeze milk and boil that milk. After some time the water will evaporates and you will get the oil. Massage that oil to your scalp and shampoo after 1 hr. It is just like using the coconut oil.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoKitty said:
[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:

?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinkin' to just try the canned milk. I have like 2-3 cans sitting around. I'll try it this weekend and post my results on Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll try this weekend . I"m curious too. If i get to it, I'll try to remember to post my results.

ChocoKitty

Bumpin' with an update!
I got bored last night & boiled a can of coconut milk. It took a while but it works. Although it didn't produce that much oil...
But I'm assuming that might be due to the added preservatives. There was a lot of milk fat on top of the oil but I believe it's useful. I applied some of the fat to my hair. It wasn't bad--sorta like applying a "butter". Anywho--I'll be doing more experimentation this weekend and posting my results on Monday.