Heavy Protein/Light Protein Conditioners

sapphire74

I am trying to find a heavy protein conditioner and a light protein conditioner to add to my staple of products, but I do not know which protein conditioners are light or which one are heavy.

Can you please list your protein conditioners that you use and tell me if it is a light or heavy protein? TIA

chebaby

i only use light protein conditioners that i can use every week if i want. my fave is aphogee 2 minute. i also have joico k pack conditioner(its light too).

aphogee and joico both make hard core ones too but i dont use those.

Buttercreme

Heavy Protein=Dudley's Hair Rebuilder ( Hair feels instantly stronger. So far, this is the only thing I have found that makes my hair feel strong within minutes of using. I follow w/PM Supercharged.

I like the fact that the bottle says to use for 15-20 minutes w/plastic cap and heat. This lets me know it is a heavy deep penetrating cond.

LABETT

Heavy Protein=Dudley's Hair Rebuilder ( Hair feels instantly stronger. So far, this is the only thing I have found that makes my hair feel strong within minutes of using. I follow w/PM Supercharged.

I like the fact that the bottle says to use for 15-20 minutes w/plastic cap and heat. This lets me know it is a heavy deep penetrating cond.

I have use the Dudley Hair Rebuilder years ago but I consider it a light protein conditioner that can be use weekly.
The Duldley DRC 28 is the heavy protein treatment in this line which is recommended every 6 weeks,followed by a moisturing conditioner.

TLC1020

In the past I've used motions cpr which is light/mild with ok results, I just used aphogee and I had very good results and will be using from now on.

gymfreak336

Generally speaking, the darker, the more liquid, and the stinkier a protein product is, the stronger it is.

Light....many of these are more medium strength if you add heat

Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
Redken Extreme conditioner
Joico Kpak daily conditioner
Paul Mitchell hair repair
Duo Tex- there is a thread about this floating around, Supergirl gave a tip on how to use it
Aubrey Organics GPB
Smooth and shine silk fusion reconstructor
Mane and Tail
Mega-Tek
Elasta qp breakage control serum
Nexxus Keraphix
Palmers Coconut conditioner packet
ORS Replehishing conditioner- very mild, good balance of moisture and protein
ORS Mayo- if you add the egg under their intensive directions, it will make it more heavy
Proclaim Tea Tree reconstructor
TIGI dumb blonde conditioner
Motions CPR( in the bottle)
Motions CPR (in the jar)- a little stronger than the above, to me atleast

Heavy

Dudleys DRC
Nexxus Emergencee- used the old way
Joico Reconstructor
Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair
Loreal Hair Repair kit- comes in a blue box from sallys

sapphire74

Generally speaking, the darker, the more liquid, and the stinkier a protein product is, the stronger it is.

Light....many of these are more medium strength if you add heat

Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
Redken Extreme conditioner
Joico Kpak daily conditioner
Paul Mitchell hair repair
Duo Tex- there is a thread about this floating around, Supergirl gave a tip on how to use it
Aubrey Organics GPB
Smooth and shine silk fusion reconstructor
Mane and Tail
Mega-Tek
Elasta qp breakage control serum
Nexxus Keraphix
Palmers Coconut conditioner packet
ORS Replehishing conditioner- very mild, good balance of moisture and protein
ORS Mayo- if you add the egg under their intensive directions, it will make it more heavy
Proclaim Tea Tree reconstructor
TIGI dumb blonde conditioner
Motions CPR( in the bottle)
Motions CPR (in the jar)- a little stronger than the above, to me atleast

Heavy

Dudleys DRC
Nexxus Emergencee- used the old way
Joico Reconstructor
Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair
Loreal Hair Repair kit- comes in a blue box from sallys

Thanks Gym! This list was exactly what I was looking for!