Hello my name is Nyi-Nyi, and I am a Product Junkie!!!!

Nyi-NYi

I am a newbie and a Product Junkie. The products that I buy are not cheap either. I don’t understand why I am product Junkie either. When I was little all my mother did was wash my hair one a week with White rain or Revlon’s Flex shampoo and conditioner followed with good old fashion Dax grease. So I don’t see why I need all these things. For many of us we start to use one product and move on to the next (Which most of the time we give them away or they just sit there collecting dust). Even after we used them up we are back in a Beauty supply store walking up and down the aisle like a crack head look for our next fix.:look: I want to stop so I am starting a rehab, Does anyone else want to join?

What I have brought in the last month:
Redken Hair shampoo
Razac leave in conditioner
Vitale positive conditioner
Kenra shampoo
Silk Rinse Conditioner
Design essential Conditioner
Dushame Hair Conditioner grease
Nexxus Emergences
GPB

Natural (Never had a perm)
Current length: a little past the shoulders
Don’t really care for Long Hair just want Healthy Hair .

sholly6

Hi I'm Sue and I am a product junkie too :confused: however I'm not ready to stop the insanity pray for me:perplexed I know I need help but I just can't help myself. I just can't wait till I have more money to run back to the store and buy another product.

Hopefully together we can work through this problem and find a new way of shopping. Also, thanks for this thread wow I feel better getting it of my chest. Maybe with enough ladies talking about this we can help each other.:look:

Last edited:

baby42

hi nyi -nyi i am a pj too but i am not ready to stop yet:( i tryed for two months but it the people i hang with like lhcf those people dont want you to get well:lol: you will see them keep comeing around with new stuff i wont say names but you cant trust them:look: :nono: :nono: :nono: :sekret: :sekret: :sekret: i wish you luck now i have to buy a new box for the new stuff i just got:mad: i cant help my self:ohwell:

la flaca

baby42 said:
hi nyi -nyi i am a pj too but i am not ready to stop yet:( i tryed for two months but it the people i hang with like lhcf those people dont want you to get well:lol: you will see them keep comeing around with new stuff i wont say names but you cant trust them:look: :nono: :nono: :nono: :sekret: :sekret: :sekret: i wish you luck now i have to buy a new box for the new stuff i just got:mad: i cant help my self:ohwell:

:lol: :lol: :lachen: :wasntme: :rofl: It's true!!!!! From now on I will only visit this forum once a month.:D :D

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Welcome to the board, fellow PJ.

If you really want help, there's a PJ Use It Up Challenge going on. I will bump it up for you since I have reporting to do myself anyway.

Nyi-NYi

Even after i use everything up I will be in the Beauty Supply again look for something to replace all the stuff I used. Well I think if we turn to each other before we buy a new product it can stop us and save us time and money. I told myself for the month of May I will not enter a Beauty Supply Store or a Sally Beauty supply store...Now only If i stay true to my word..
:ohwell:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Nyi-NYi said:
Even after i use everything up I will be in the Beauty Supply again look for something to replace all the stuff I used. Well I think if we turn to each other before we buy a new product it can stop us and save us time and money. I told myself for the month of May I will not enter a Beauty Supply Store or a Sally Beauty supply store...Now only If i stay true to my word..
:ohwell:

Oh my, I totally feel your pain. Every month I say I'm not going to Sally's, then the first comes around and I'm the first one in looking at the new sales paper. :lol:

SEXYMEEKA7902

IM ALSO A PJ. SINCE IVE JOINED THIS BOARD I HAVE BROUGHT SO MANY
PRODUCTS. JUST TO NAME A FEW IN THE PAST MONTH I HAVE BROUGT
MNT CONDITIONER
6 BOTTLES OF VO5 CON
VO5 HEAT PROTECTANT
MOTIONS HEAT PROTECTANT
MOTIONS LEAVE IN
CANTEU LEAVE IN
MTG
SURGE
EO
AND MANY MANY MORE

Tee

B_Phlyy said:
Welcome to the board, fellow PJ.

If you really want help, there's a PJ Use It Up Challenge going on. I will bump it up for you since I have reporting to do myself anyway.

Hi Nyi-Nyi.....I hope it gets better for ya! IT's hard....Just hard.

gymfreak336

Welcome to the board. I too am a pj but I am slowly breaking my habit. Stay strong and stay away from product reviews....even if they are mine:lol:

Lusa

Hi my name is Lusa, and I am a recovering product junkie. I haven't bought any new products since February 10th. I am on a "use it all" challenge, and I will probably die before all the contents of my war chest are even half gone.

PuffyBrown

I also will join the PJ list as well.
I joined in March and so far I have purchased:

:love:Nexxus Humetress
:love: Nexxus Keraphix
:love: Nexxus Therapee
:love: Silicon Mix
:nono: MTG (works good but I am tired of the smell and all the mixing to cover it up)
:love: Giovanni Leave In Tx
:love: Nexxus Luxxtres
Nexxus No Heat....why? I am in braids:confused:
:love: Alma Oil
Castor Oil
:love: Sulfur Powder (MTG almost all gone)

Stuff I want
:love: Henna henna Henna HENNA EVERYTHING
Dominican Products
(some other items for when my braids are out)
Nexxus Theratin (switching to this)
Nexxus Humectin (switching to this)

Stuff that I already had since before joining this forum
Olive Oil
Almond Oil
Doo Grow Hair Growth
Doo Grow Moisturizing Shampoo
Doo Grow Tingle Shampoo (happily returned)
Mane and Tale Conditioner
Luxtrasilk Deep Conditioner w/Tea Tree
Listrasilk Cholesterol Conditioner
Paul Mitchell Shampoo
Various Sprays for braids

yada yada yada:violin:

An Oath: I promise to at least make every attempt to use all of one product before I purchase anything else. The only exception that I will make if it is a sale on a high dollar items that offer great savings in return, and in that not to buy more than one of that item, sale or not.:pinocchio
:spank:

LovelyLionessa

Welcome, Nyi-Nyi!! You are among friends, there are a lot of us that can empathize with the thought of buying just one more product... Pjism is trip, lemme tell ya. :p

tnorenberg

Welcome Nyi-Nyi. Yes, we are all PJ's. Mine started very early, like around five when I started playing w/ mom's wigs, falls, rollers& bonnet dryers. I guess I just can't shake the addiction.:beer2: As I digress.......................... WELCOME:bouncy:

LABETT

Ladies I was the same way when I first join the board when Product Junkie fever hits it's hard to stop buying products.
I finally learned to buy products that are raved about from member you have the same hair type as mine.
I have learned that whats works for some does not everybody.
I think my product junkie spending was due to I can get salon products half price which cause me to buy more.
You know you are a true Product Junkie when you have most of the products raved about in your hair care stash and dont even have to go out and purchase.
Too many products so little time to use them.
I am much better now since finding my staples and use what I know works.
I have gave away tons of product in last month and still trying to get rid of stuff.
Ladies that I have not pmed yet I have not forgotten about you.