Help!bald Spot.

writtenthought

I just took my daughter's hair out of braids cornrows. I braided it myself and dont braid too tight. I kept them in for about 3 weeks. Now she has a dime size bald spot. Her scalp has alot of dandruff. I sprayed her hair with scurls spray and oiled the visible scalp with mane choice oil. What could have caused this?

faithVA

I just took my daughter's hair out of braids cornrows. I braided it myself and dont braid too tight. I kept them in for about 3 weeks. Now she has a dime size bald spot. Her scalp has alot of dandruff. I sprayed her hair with scurls spray and oiled the visible scalp with mane choice oil. What could have caused this?
Did you moisturize her scalp during the 3 weeks? How often?

A dehydrated scalp can cause a similar condition. If that is the case the scalp just needs to be rehydrated by shampoo, water rinse more often and moisturizing the scalp in between washes.

writtenthought

Did you moisturize her scalp during the 3 weeks? How often?

A dehydrated scalp can cause a similar condition. If that is the case the scalp just needs to be rehydrated by shampoo, water rinse more often and moisturizing the scalp in between washes.

not as good as i should, i glad to know thats the problem. I wont make this mistake again

Blue_Berry

Is the dandruff really flaky or patchy. I would take her dermatologist. I don’t know how her scalp looks like. It could be anything from psoriasis, ringworm, or something different.

writtenthought

@writtenthought

Here is a picture comparison of my scalp when it gets dehydrated. Maybe pictures can help you narrow it down.
https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...18-support-thread.829355/page-6#post-24669805

Might be some other pictures in the thread. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of pictures of hair loss on the board, but you willl find a lot of help and good suggestions.

Im having trouble uploding the pics. It look similar to the pics above but its just one patch. Also the scalp is slightly darker there

faithVA

Im having trouble uploding the pics. It look similar to the pics above but its just one patch. Also the scalp is slightly darker there
If you know how resizevyour pictured and make them smaller. If youdont have a resized crop the pcture as much as possible to make it smaler.

Evolving78

Take her to the doctor. Don’t put anything else in her hair until you find out exactly what is going on, and it sounds like she needs her hair washed weekly and make sure it is properly dried. My bald spots came from allergies that I was unaware of at the time. So you need to find out if it is caused by bacteria, fungus, allergens, buildup, etc.. drandruff is not dry scalp and it needs to be treated as such. If her scalp is dry, why would you put an acidic product on it? ACV is used to break oil down. Go to the doctor.

writtenthought

Sorry its so big.

I just washed her hair last night and condition her hair. I made sure no conditioners got on her scalp. I looked at it again under a flash light. I can see tiny hairs growing back.

I can take her to the doctor on Monday

Last edited:

faithVA

Sorry its so big.

I just washed her hair last night and condition her hair. I made sure no conditioners got on her scalp. I looked at it again under a flash light. I can see tiny hairs growing back.

I can take her to the doctor on Monday
Let us know what the doctor says.