HELP...Balding edges!!!!

Anancy

Im starting to notice that my edges are thinning out or balding. To be more precise i believe its my temples because its at the front of my head.

The problem is i always wear a ponytail, im not great with creating hairstyles and im not one to wear my hair down. I realise this could be the culprit and since this year i try to leave my hair out as soon as i get home from work.

For the past month or so i tried using sulphur cream on my scalp every night, by the looks of things i don't think there's any improvement. It was the Hollywood Beauty brand (a sample size) so i would like to try sulphur8 maybe that will be better.
So far it's only a small patch but im worried that it will get worse.

What can i do or use?
TIA

ayoung

I would say give that area extra gentle care and extra spoiling.
Try massaging natural oils in the area--like olive or jojoba oils--keep that area moisturized.
Also--you may be right about wearing your hair in a ponytail--try not to have alot of tension on your hair

tthreat08

Yeah, I have a problem with thin edges too. The stress of pulling the hair back is the culprit. The front of your hair grows toward the front, so constantly pulling the hair back against the growth pattern causes it to shed/thin. (At least this is what I came up with). So, the buns have to be done such that the hair in the front is not pull so tight. Even if you can manage to make a part it may be better than pulling hair straight.

I'd like to see what others have to say about this...

secretdiamond

I have the same problem too. it came about 2 yrs ago when I got cornrows "professionally" done by Africans. I TOLD her not to put it in too tight, but she just nodded and proceeded to rip my hair out. :mad: And she had the nerve to get frustrated when I kept yelling and moving b/c I was in so much pain. :mad: Anyway, I soaked my temple with oil EVERYDAY hoping to ease the tension, but when I took those suckers out 2 weeks later, my hair came with it. :mad: I was bald!!!! And now 2 years later, after I have babied them soooo much, nothing has worked except rogaine but that had some crazy side effects so I stopped and now I'm back to square one. :(

I am trying MTG but I think that's for increased growth rate and not for stimulating new growth that is not there. Rogaine does NOT increase growth rate, but it does stimulate the follicles to grow hair that has stopped growing, and that's how it regrew my temples.

Anyway, I'm still gonna try the MTG and maybe try surge with it again (although surge didn't work b4) on my temples only and hope that with consistent use, I'll get something to pop outta there. :ohwell:

smiller

I tried the MTG and the surge,Neither on of them worked. The MTG is growing my hair but for the edges nothing. I was thinking about the rogaine. What side effects did you have.

Sassygoddess

i'm having the same problem. maybe you guys should try ORS temple balm. it was made for this reason. i used it before and it worked. i'm going to use it again to grow my edges back after having them pulled out by braids this summer.

Millahdoowop

I've read that a lot of people use Rosemary to stimulate growth as well... as a matter of fact I need to order some. But I think you will need to mix it with a carrier oil. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not too sure. However, you can always do a search on rosemary.

blueMoon

I had problems with my temples and hairline for a long time and tried many products including Surge. But what finally worked for me was the Rene Furterer line. I use the Complexe5 and the RF80 twice a week on my hairline and temples only and I'm really starting to see growth there again. While my hairling was growing back I left them out of the twists that I put my hair in. I started to notice a difference in about 2 or 3 months. I started using Nioxin shampoo(system 3 - protectives by it's old name. Nioxin got repackaged)on my hairline as well followed by the Scalp Treatment conditioner and the Bionutrient Treatment. I still use the Rene line and it's finally starting to grow in well. The Rene line is kind of pricey, but since I only use it only on my hairline and temples it has really lasted. I went from bald temples to completely filled in about 4 months. Now I'm really starting to see length too :)

PoeticJustice

Try Nioxin Follicle Booster. It brought my edges back from being ripped out from cornrows, too :mad: ORS Temple Balm works too. I have that now that I'm using just for maintenance.

But the key is you can't continue to pull your hair back while you're giving your edges (temples) a serious break. If you simply don't want to wear any other protective style then don't pull the hair back too tight; which I"m sure you're already being careful of. ;)

Millahdoowop

blueMoon said:
I had problems with my temples and hairline for a long time and tried many products including Surge. But what finally worked for me was the Rene Furterer line. I use the Complexe5 and the RF80 twice a week on my hairline and temples only and I'm really starting to see growth there again. While my hairling was growing back I left them out of the twists that I put my hair in. I started to notice a difference in about 2 or 3 months. I started using Nioxin shampoo(system 3 - protectives by it's old name. Nioxin got repackaged)on my hairline as well followed by the Scalp Treatment conditioner and the Bionutrient Treatment. I still use the Rene line and it's finally starting to grow in well. The Rene line is kind of pricey, but since I only use it only on my hairline and temples it has really lasted. I went from bald temples to completely filled in about 4 months. Now I'm really starting to see length too :)

Where in the heck do you find the Rene Furterer?