Help! baldspots/alopecia

Rei

Hi ladies! I am trying to get my mother into healthy haircare. She has alopecia on a lot of her hairline, so I was thinking of starting Boundless Tresses to start some of the hair growing back. Does anyone know of any other person with success growing hair back with this product? I've already emptied out her grease bottles and filled them with coconut oil, and bought her a satin cap. Now I just have to get rid of her shampoo and give her some of the conditioners I have. I sort of have to ease her into this because she has a habit of starting things and then never finishing when it comes to cosmetics and haircare. I want to see my mother with her beautiful fro again! Any suggestions guys?

*Apparently it started falling out when she started using the drug prednisone for her Sarcoidosis, but it has been years since she has been taking this and it still has not grown back...I'm a little uncomfortable with the sulfer in the product and putting it on her scalp. (even though I regularly put it on my scalp haha), should I ask a doctor first before? I was planning on doing a patch test first, but still... I have a feeling that if she has to go to the doctor before using it she'll just call off the whole thing :sad: and I want her hair to grow back! Is there any other product that has worked for any of you (or your mothers) who have bald spots?

newflowers

Your mother probably already knows if she's allergic to sulphur, so just ask her and see. And do a patch test anyway. BT is a very effective product that made my hair grow faster when I used it.

I suggest you also take a look at www.skinbio.com to get more information about alopecia and scalp damage.

Denise11

WOW Nonie! That is really impressive. I'm so glad it worked for you. I'm going to try it for my hairline if I can gather all of those EOs. Your story is remarkable! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Rei

Before you start on any remedy, I'd run it by her doctor. I grew back a bald spot that wasn't medicine induced in 2003/2004 but I also had my doctor's blessing. You can read my story here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=39645

Thank you nonie! I asked her about it, and she said that the doctors did not know why, and that is all she mentioned of it :ohwell: i was reading up on female hairloss and did not know that some of it is irreversible. her hair has been like this for many years :nono: She just has worn wigs to hide it. I'm not giving up though, I'll see if maybe I can convince her to be more proactive about asking her doctor the exact cause before trying the treatment you posted.