Help! Braids too tight... Can't breathe!

aloof one

I want to cry because you hit the nail on the head... yall know I usually have so much to say.. but you just said it all... thats why I haven't posted a pic! I was at my mom's house looking like Id gotten a face lift and Im 20! I had to arch one eyebrow to keep it up there with the other, and my new stepdad (the groom) told me I looked angry before he realized why my face was so tight...

you have me crying and it hurts cause its pullin on the braids... but I deserve it.

That damn African Braiding salon (exact name too, I think its a chain). Im African, I should have known better. You should only get your hair braided by someone African at their house. Its personal and you know where they live so they can't f^ck you up cause you can come back and get them where they sleep. Plus these women don't over charge you to tear your hair out. My sweet Liberian lady in College Station(theyre the best braiders, I think about her everytime one of these braids tugs on my scalp) only charged 35 dollars and did a better job than the 100 dollar wax job on my edges these heffers did. I only called them cause I was in Houston... I should have known better.

wait, don't tell me, you went to an "african braiding" salon.....:wallbash:

man, my daughter went to one and they braided her up so tight i thought i'd given birth to a chiny woman :nono:

this girl actually had welts!!

we took those babies out immediately. she's since gotten another braided 'do but this batch is much easier going on the eye (and edges!)

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
When I used to live in Europe, I had African braiders braid my hair. I didn't have a choice, there were only African braiders. Anyway, they braided very tightly and I used to feel like my features were changing. You should probably lay off braiding for a while because your hairline is weak now...it's not worth losing your edges and having more setbacks.

Fanscie

You really need to take them out. I had this done about 3 months ago when I broke my arm. I couldn't take care of my hair with one arm so I got flat twists with extensions. They were absolutely too tight. And I started to get little bumps around my hairline. TAKE THEM OUT!:blush:

aloof one

You really need to take them out. I had this done about 3 months ago when I broke my arm. I couldn't take care of my hair with one arm so I got flat twists with extensions. They were absolutely too tight. And I started to get little bumps around my hairline. TAKE THEM OUT!:blush:

Yea I had someone redo them. These I have now are BIG and Loose and dont hurt when I sleep. I took them down after fighting with myself and it hurt to see that I had a red hairless patch the size of a jelly bean on my edge. I used some CON to detangle then did a DC for an hour and used some Sulfur 8 shampoo to help my itchy head. Then I used GF Length & Strength conditioner because it always makes me feel better, and of course I love protein. My hair felt better, I wasn't bald but my scalp was sore and I actually only lost hair on the edges. Im too young for this! I did it to myself though, so no pity party I promise. I blowdried, used a hot comb really low to make it lay down, then went to get it redone in the front. Theyre the size of coloring markers, so no problem anymore thank God.

Those braids are going down in history as one of my worst decisions ever... It was so bad I couldn't even put a pic up you guys. I was walking around ashamed and couldnt even tell it to people because no one would get it. Everyone was telling me I was beautiful, but when I got close up in the mirror I would see my hair being destroyed. They were excellent in the sense that they were all the exact same size and neat and you couldnt see ANY scalp in between... but to make the style she had to part my hair like 80 different places into TINY parts to be weighed down with all that hair... Its a wonder I still have hair... :look: I am so glad I caught it in time.

As far as bumps go... I had NOT HAD ANY BUMPS since I was relaxing my hair 7 months ago, yet I have pimples on my head on my edes where the braids were too tight. :sad:I just hope sulfur 8 and coconut oil is going to make the bumps go away, because its bad enough I have acne on my face :nono:...

aloof one

So... what's the status? how is your hair now? what did you do?

I can sleep at night now, lol... I should have kept those first braids in, but I had to have something "special" for my moms wedding... Special indeed. I am NEVER making a mistake like this again.