Help!!!Flexi Rods Questions????

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Hello Ladies,

The PJ in me went to buy flexi-rods yesterday at the BSS, they were $3.99 for a pack of 6. To me that is kind of expensive when I need about 5-6 packs depending on what size I get. I want to know where can I find some a little bit cheaper???

Also, what size would you recommend for medium type shoulder length hair? I bought the orange and I think they are too big, because I didn't really get curly curls. Also, I did a trial and error with about 6 of them, and didn't put anything in my hair,I just had a lot of S-Curl from the day before, and they came out very loose and hardly any curly curls..Could the rods have been too big or was it the S-Curl distorting the curly curls??? Please Advise.

balisi

That's the same price at the BSS in my area. Sally has a slightly better price when you find them on sale. You will get much better results on freshly washed hair with a little setting lotion and a little gel and end papers on the ends. I don't advise using S-Curl for this set. I'm not sure what size the orange ones are, but I have used the red ones and the green, and they give nice small spirals.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I purchased mine from Sally's. You get 10 in a pack and I think they are 6.99. I have two sizes purple (sort of a jumbo size) and orange a little smaller. I had to buy about 3 packs to do my hair.

I started from freshly washed, conditioned hair. I used Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade. Once I got them in I sat under the hooded dryer for 1 hour. My set lasted aboout 4 days.

It may have been the s curl that kept you from getting a good curl. If you don't want to waash your hair them maybe you could mist you hair until its a little damp and then try to set your hair and leave it in overnight.

One more tip, as with a regular roller set, be sure your hair is completely dry before taking out the rods to prevent frizzies.

HTH

*Happily Me*

I use the purple rods on dry hair. I dab a little water on the ends to lessen frizz.

I'm kinda upset now because I've been paying $4.99 for a pack of six. I really need to find Sally's.

chocolate01

I also purchased mine from Sally's, 10 in a pack for about $6. I have the purple ones. I always did wet sets using setting lotion (Pantene Relaxed and Natural) and I would spritz some wonder 8 oil on each section. I sat under the dryer for about an hour and keep them in overnight to make sure they are dry.

lovelymissyoli

TARGET!!! :p You can get 12 flexi-rods for $4.00. Those bss try to rip people off! I bought 2 packs of the pink ones to give me a medium sized curl. HTH.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I went to Target today and couldn't find any. I asked one of the ladies that worked their she really didn't want to go look. So I went to buy some at the BSS. Anyway, I bought 5 packs of the yellow...

I washed, conditioned, deep conditioned my hair and put them in..It took about 2 hours to dry and when I took them down, my hair looked really short but curly..not spiral curls, it looked more like rollerset curls..I put the papers at the ends too.. Anyway, I threw a head band on and went on about my business! What did I do wrong?? I will keep it like this for however long it last. But one question, how do I moisturize my hair without it falling???

chocolate01

How did you take the rollers out? I try to pull mine downward to get the elongated, sprial curl. As long as you used a good setting lotion you should be able to moisturize without worrying about your curls falling.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
chocolate01 said:
How did you take the rollers out? I try to pull mine downward to get the elongated, sprial curl. As long as you used a good setting lotion you should be able to moisturize without worrying about your curls falling.

I used lottabody setting lotion and 1 drop of spritz mixed with distilled water. My hair was really dry and it's never that dry. I did moisturize it and moisturized it and noticed that the rollerset curls didn't fall. I wanted spiral curls though, so I moisturized and brushed them out . I will try it again this weekend.